1041, No good riding for at least 3 weeks?

800steve

How long before we can ride good trails south of Mt Valin?

You should be able to ride from Clermont up to forestville, also tadousacc to mt valin, not sure about the valley up in Chicoutimi, but the 83 from clermont up to la baie is groomed as far as I know.

Groomers are out in force in all these area. It may take a few days to get everything opened up but they are out panning and grooming in many communties. The 8-10" of snow they all received last wednesday should get them up and going.

It will be early riding conditions, but passable imo :good:

Enjoy RR

We are about 30 minutes northeast of Quebec city right now and the trails are terrific. Past the groomer heading up 369 toward le tape, and it wasn't the first time that trail was groomed. Trail 3 was groomed perfect. Plenty of snow. Signage is still going up, but lots of sleds out riding. We decided to come up despite what the fcmq site said. Glad we did.

We are about 30 minutes northeast of Quebec city right now and the trails are terrific. Past the groomer heading up 369 toward le tape, and it wasn't the first time that trail was groomed. Trail 3 was groomed perfect. Plenty of snow. Signage is still going up, but lots of sleds out riding. We decided to come up despite what the fcmq site said. Glad we did.

:clapping::yahoo:

exelent news im leavin tueasday :good:

alot of times the local rider trail reports are the best-keep em coming.

thanks

Check the video, there is snow! This is 30KM from Les Esscoumins!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3porSILQYYE&list=UU-b9J1FPZ5dzFeogh_YBzvQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Thanks Mark, nice video,we rode that trail 2 weeks agoand it was great but we are trying not to drive so *&^%%$ far for our next trip.

Out of Stoneham they were riding, out of Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré they are riding, so no real need to drive as far. Some riding in the St-Zenon parks and surrounding areas. I think still way to early to do any quality saddlebag trips yet.

Edited by markusvt

Thanks for the report. This is the area I usually start from on saddlebag trips. Do you know if the ST Anne river, on trail 3 heading east towards Charlevoix is passable?

Edited by mxsenior

Thanks for the report. This is the area I usually start from on saddlebag trips. Do you know if the ST Anne river, on trail 3 heading east towards Charlevoix is passable?

Not sure, we only went 50 miles north on 3 out of Beaupre until we hit that relais. It was perfect. Took 369 half way to L'Etape and that was perfect too. Got six inches of snow when we left today. Groomers are out.

Edited by stupe

wow nice flat open trails other than pittsburg newhampshire and rangley maine eustis and jackman i never seen flat trails like that i think i better look into canada

Don't do it because you'll never go back to riding in the US. One time and you will be hooked for life. I know 29 years and counting.

wow nice flat open trails other than pittsburg newhampshire and rangley maine eustis and jackman i never seen flat trails like that i think i better look into canada

In my opinion the trails do not get any better than in Quebec! I think everyone on this forum will agree. If you come to Quebec 1 time you just might get hooked!

Don't do it because you'll never go back to riding in the US. One time and you will be hooked for life. I know 29 years and counting.

HMMM! Bill I think we might have been thnking the same thing at the same time!

It's like a DRUG, you just can't get enough !! Heading up on the 15 th, can't wait !

A drug? Holy sh&t!! You ain't just a kidding. I don't do drugs but I know people that do and if they knew what kind of fun we all were having they would see their addictions swing 180 degrees and then they would see that the drugs they're doing were just as expensive as our sport that we love except this sport fills the heart mind and soul with something greater that no drug can ever describe. Drugs rob you of everything. Snowmobiling gives you everything, in my opinion. Especially fuel and credit card bills, lol but I love it regardless like all on this site.