Mont Laurier and area

snowfarmer

Just arrived in Mekoos . Linda , Dave and Joel arrived after a 12 hour drive. As promised its snowing! Amazing food and great company. Reports from the bar lots of sled traffic to the south. North is very good. First hand report tomorrow night with pics and maybe video.

Nice stop by the rabaska to check my rig. Just joking but it is there. Tell her and company to come back first weekend in Feb I'm doing a ride solo then. By the way her .......th birthday is very soon get the group to do something. Have fun guys

Nice stop by the rabaska to check my rig. Just joking but it is there. Tell her and company to come back first weekend in Feb I'm doing a ride solo then. By the way her .......th birthday is very soon get the group to do something. Have fun guys

We will be at the rabaska the 14 then up to clova

Great day out of Mekoos!! Trails were great and we rode 200 miles.

Edited by lindasledgirl

WE left Mikoos and took 53 north to 13 and had lunch (good food) at 100 Lacs. Trail had about 3 inches of new snow and had been groomed fairly recently. Trails improved as we went further north. Gave the trails a 7 out of 10. Then we left on 13 north to Fer A Cheval. These were the best of the day. Lots of snow and groomed. Worth the trip!! Then from Fer A Cheval to JB Scott we took the local trail. Groomed last night to the Resevoir. Left JB Scots after a nice visit and the first ten miles were rough and needed snow. Headed back towards St. Anne du Lac trail was in pretty good shape, but not groomed. St. Anne du Lac back to Mikoos had been groomed today. Not much traffic up here. Met one tour group from France, they were enjoying the day.

We will head south tomorrow.

Wow Linda you drove all the way up to Meekoos, you don't fool around do you. Right to the good stuff. That's one of my favorite watering holes up there, you should have seen that place before they built the log house, not the same at all! They once had a jaberwacky on the wall.lol. Nice pics, keep us up to date on the your ride, i am going out to ride next week end and haven't decided on where yet, St.Zenon or Mt.Laurier.

Few more pics of trip with Linda and her husband Joel to Mekoos. Really great people to hang and ride with. Linda took good care of us.The snow conditions and grooming were very good in this area considering that they have less snow than normal. At JB Scott they said they had about 2 foot and normal is 4 foot this time a year. On the way home we crossed a lot of trails south of of MT Lauier. (we took 309 south to Ottawa) and alot had been groomed .These trails looked not to bad.

post-280-0-24753600-1326190085_thumb.jpg

post-280-0-41459200-1326190184_thumb.jpg

Edited by snowfarmer

Linda, did you check out the hats at Juniors (JB's)......... :good: Nice report, you Go girl :good:

I looked at fur hats and mitts...is that what you are talking about?

Linda

Wow Linda you drove all the way up to Meekoos, you don't fool around do you. Right to the good stuff. That's one of my favorite watering holes up there, you should have seen that place before they built the log house, not the same at all! They once had a jaberwacky on the wall.lol. Nice pics, keep us up to date on the your ride, i am going out to ride next week end and haven't decided on where yet, St.Zenon or Mt.Laurier.

Andyman suggested I call snowfarmer...and yes he is as hungry for snow as me. So we hooked up and went for a long drive! It was amazing up there and he is a great rider. He is like the male version of me on lots of things so it worked out well!

Hmm, Mont Laurier or St. Zenon? Snowfarmer...are you still packed? lol

Few more pics of trip with Linda and her husband Joel to Mekoos. Really great people to hang and ride with. Linda took good care of us.The snow conditions and grooming were very good in this area considering that they have less snow than normal. At JB Scott they said they had about 2 foot and normal is 4 foot this time a year. On the way home we crossed a lot of trails south of of MT Lauier. (we took 309 south to Ottawa) and alot had been groomed .These trails looked not to bad.

LOL! I took care of you!?? I think you took care of us! Your next career... Snowmobile Guide! You are a great guy, picked a perfect place with wonderful service and food (mekoos) and kept us on track and home safe! I can't thank you enough and I look forward to another ride with you.

Sincerely,

Linda

Top pic looks like it was taken on the porch of 100 Lacs.

Andyman suggested I call snowfarmer...and yes he is as hungry for snow as me. So we hooked up and went for a long drive! It was amazing up there and he is a great rider. He is like the male version of me on lots of things so it worked out well!

Keep those bags packed, gathereing is coming quickly and you don't want to miss the great Gaspe.

1326288429[/url]' post='19994']

Top pic looks like it was taken on the porch of 100 Lacs.

Keep those bags packed, gathereing is coming quickly and you don't want to miss the great Gaspe.

Yes it was . Lots of snow there.

Hi Linda why not both? Devil's Mountain to St. Zenon and back round trip about 325mi. used to be quick I don't know though once the Mont Tremblant park is closed. :drinks:

You are thinking many years ago, not the best run anymore! We used to do that trip over and over, knew every turn, was AWESOME!

Hi Linda why not both? Devil's Mountain to St. Zenon and back round trip about 325mi. used to be quick I don't know though once the Mont Tremblant park is closed. :drinks:

I would stay in the area you just rode and expand from that point via saddle bags. Both are very nice riding areas but you could go further north for a loop. I will be in Laurier feb 24 to the 6 of march solo (wife) may fly up later. You and your husband are welcome or any one else. My plan is a tour nights depend on schedule of others as to the size of the ride I would love to go around the lac from their if the group has the time.

Pm me if it works for you

Jesse

That sounds good too!! I know snowfarmer had wanted to do that trip, as do I! So lets see what I can do and yes I will pm you.

I am heading to the North side of Algonquin Park this Sunday to ride along the Ontario/Quebec Border. Trails (ontario side) are about to go green (meaning good to go, not yellow just ok lol) and I will be there! This trip is only a 9 hour drive for me lol.

The Morning Mist Resort is where I am headed. Last year they had the ice fishing on the Ottawa River with a view of the Laurentians all set up for me...which is one of the reasons I like it there...SERVICE with a SMILE lol.

Hope you guys all get snow!!

Linda

When we started out i had plans to either do an over night to Clova or go the other way to Kanata and back. They had never been to this area and since the snow was better the farther north we decieded to just do the day loops.I think in the end i'm safe to say we were better doing the day loops then an over nighter eh Linda .LOL!!

Edited by snowfarmer

Ok snowfarmer, we may as well say it....I ended up with the stomach flu (very sick) and only had one day of riding. The guys threw me in the back of my truck and brought me home via, arena's, groccery stores, gas stations and rest stops. It was a rough trip!! So YES...good thing we didn't do a back pack tour is right :blink:.

Ok snowfarmer, we may as well say it....I ended up with the stomach flu (very sick) and only had one day of riding. The guys threw me in the back of my truck and brought me home via, arena's, groccery stores, gas stations and rest stops. It was a rough trip!! So YES...good thing we didn't do a back pack tour is right :blink:.

that's a shitty deal. (I have dry humor)