Shawinian Area

iceman

Small ride today lots of sticks still up thru trail. Much better then las week things improving. River in Grand Mere staked but only to the trail that was 318 and is now TQ 23. Went to St Tite and St Severin and Turtle Lake then back over River to St Matthieu and Toward St Alexis. Some good some war zone. Getting Better for sure. Groomer was on near my home on way back in. Knocking down sticks mostly.

195 km about 5 hrs riding today. Feels All Good.

Edited by iceman

Love that area. :drinks: Started out of "Bernards" back in 97. Twas a Snowmobile revelation, compared to New England. It was like going from Maine to Hawaii for Beaches. Literally same comparison.

Still remember going across those swamps and rivers at top end. It was the 1st time, I had to admit, that the trails were too big for any sled. You had to go over a hundred (mph) to even get nervous. :good:

Sounds like the Club needs a Bush Hog to mow down those sticks that grow up every summer.

We miss riding out of that area, haven't been there since the passing of Bernard, it seems just like yesterday I was in the smokey diesel rabbit going for breakfast. I MISS THAT GUY

Still open ya know.

Not the same.

But still open.

Ringy Dang Doo!

RIP Bernard

Small ride today lots of sticks still up thru trail. Much better then las week things improving. River in Grand Mere staked but only to the trail that was 318 and is now TQ 23. Went to St Tite and St Severin and Turtle Lake then back over River to St Matthieu and Toward St Alexis. Some good some war zone. Getting Better for sure. Groomer was on near my home on way back in. Knocking down sticks mostly.

195 km about 5 hrs riding today. Feels All Good.

Iceman,

Do you know if you can get from Auberge Mekinack to Tq 73 to St. Raymond? Which would be the 360- 318 to 353 Any info would be great :drinks:

Honestly not sure yet. I see now on the map the trail up river is now a local and not 347, same thing near Richards its an orange trail to the 360.I would think you can make it. I made it to Rogers Cabin tonight from the house. Its getting better. Odds are good you would be fine. Its not perfect by far. But Rideable. Sorry i am not 100% sure. If i hear more or see it. I will post it. No riding tommorrow back out wed.

Honestly not sure yet. I see now on the map the trail up river is now a local and not 347, same thing near Richards its an orange trail to the 360.I would think you can make it. I made it to Rogers Cabin tonight from the house. Its getting better. Odds are good you would be fine. Its not perfect by far. But Rideable. Sorry i am not 100% sure. If i hear more or see it. I will post it. No riding tommorrow back out wed.

Thanks iceman,

We wanted to leave the trucks at Richards place next Tues. and head to the Winter Gathering. Any info would be great!

Thanks. I've ridden both north & south but never both in one ride. Work keeps getting in the way. Gaspe loops wind up being a full week. I see the ferry site has a Québec–Lévis hop too if you're not as far east at Baie Comeau. Thanks again!

Thanks. I've ridden both north & south but never both in one ride. Work keeps getting in the way. Gaspe loops wind up being a full week. I see the ferry site has a Québec–Lévis hop too if you're not as far east at Baie Comeau. Thanks again!

Where are you crossing? I think there is still a trailer service from Quebec City that takes you and sleds across river

Quebec to Levis is a trailer service. There is also service in Trois Riveres to Becancour last time was flatbed truck. I forget how much.Ferry in winter Matane to Baie Comeau or Matane to Godbout and reverse. But not each day for each run.

You can get trailer service between these hotels:

Hôtel Bernières

535 rue Aréna,

Lévis (Saint-Nicolas) Quebec G7A 1C9

418 831-3119

http://www.hotelbernieres.qc.ca/

Hôtel-Motel Colibri

8516, boulevard Wilfrid-Hamel

Sainte-Foy, Québec, Canada

418 872-2848

http://www.hotelmotelcolibri.com/index.php?pr=Home_Page

Does anyone know if the Hotel Governeur in Shawningan still has secure sled and trailer parking? Been a few years since last being there. Also, do they still have trail access over the bridge from downtown onto the river? Thanks in advance...