trakmaps

jimcb1

It looks like it's gratis, there's a notpad that auto-uploads and I dropped it into www.freetranslation.com, they just ask you not to sell it, then i guess you need to translate the 12 page manual too.

I've had good luck in the past with Joel Gill @ jgill@gpsquebec.ca (418) 948-1158 You just about never need it, since the province is marked so well, but that one time when you're not sure (when it's stormy or dark or your tired) it's priceless.

Thanks for the free resource.

Unfortunately I am having issues with that file. After installing it I can no loger run mapsource in XP OR RoadTrip on my Mac. Both say I have no maps installed and won't start at all. Sounds like a security issue.

Bummer.

MS 6.1.x Win Xp via Parallels on Intel MBP

RoadTrip version unknown OS 10.6.6

Neither would open, saying I had NO maps installed after installing the resources from the Boxˆˆˆ. After removing it from RoadTrip all was back to normal. Have since moved to BaseMap as RoadTrip has been twilighted. Haven't tried it again since moving to BaseCamp. Rode QC 3 seasons on the 2006 file and three seasons so far on the 2009 file.

In order to use on a Mac it has to made into a Gmapi file. Perhaps my file set from the DL was not good therefore my Gmapi conversion failed. One of the few remaining hassles to being a Mac weenie.

Edited by actionjack

Mr Gutz,

I was able to load the file and see the trail map, but it would not allow me to export to my GPS.

I had to update my Mapsourse program from Garmin (Free) and then I was able to select both Topo and trail files to export to the GPS.

Markusvt ,

Thank you for the link

Schooter

Can you usually see USB devices in your XP Session?

Download Mapsource on to XP and try it from there.

GutZ

SUCCESS!

My MapConverter was old and created a bad gmapi. Got on to a new version on Windows, got latest version of Map Converter in Windows and successfully installed this map set, transferred to my MBP and installed it in BaseCamp and my GPSr!

THANKS!

(In one week I'll be using it on the trail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :clapping::drinks:

I could use some help as well. I have city navigator v8. I downloaded Southern Quebec and the trail map above to my GPS (Garmin 60CSX). By turning maps off and on on the GPS, I can see the Southern Quebec road map or the trail map, but not the trail map overlayed on the road map. Is that how it works, or is there a way to have them both on overlayed? I tried to turn them both on at the same time, but the road map shows without the trail map.

Thanks,

Scott