BRP steps up to the plate...

Phil 1

I know there has been talk of BRP replaciing pistons, rings and cranks in certain situations. Well my sled is in for some service and dealer calls and says I am going to get a complete rebuild for free... :yahoo: All parts are in stock at BRP and it should be done in a week. I will report on that part later... :unknw:

I don't have to wait until I am in the middle of nowhere with a broken sled...

I believe you need to have 3150 miles before they will look at it and you have until 2014 to get the miles. Those numbers may not be exactly correct but they are close...So I am planning my second trip of the year on 2/21 for a week with a fresh sled... :good:

If you have a 2011 800 E tech I would call my dealer... :db:

I know there has been talk of BRP replaciing pistons, rings and cranks in certain situations. Well my sled is in for some service and dealer calls and says I am going to get a complete rebuild for free... :yahoo: All parts are in stock at BRP and it should be done in a week. I will report on that part later... :unknw:

I don't have to wait until I am in the middle of nowhere with a broken sled...

I believe you need to have 3150 miles before they will look at it and you have until 2014 to get the miles. Those numbers may not be exactly correct but they are close...So I am planning my second trip of the year on 2/21 for a week with a fresh sled... :good:

If you have a 2011 800 E tech I would call my dealer... :db:

Can I have your old pieces?

I know of an 800 with Crank, piston, block, etc... issues.

Congrats on the Free rebuild.

GutZ

like always brp uses it customers as test pilots ,, get a good sled and you won't have to be rebuilt for free in the middle of the season

Mr Santa: Doo put new pistons & rings at the end of last season on them this is an additional recall. I enjoy riding a fast light machine and if it costs some extra time and money so be it.

Every manufacturer uses its customers as test pilots. That's why you should never buy the first year of any new technology...

The 800 Doo motor is the old 800 P Tek with a different fuel induction system. The 800 has and will always have problems it is also a blast to ride. I would prefer them to back it off 25 HP and make it reliable it would still be more than fast enough. :)

Can I have your old pieces?

I know of an 800 with Crank, piston, block, etc... issues.

Congrats on the Free rebuild.

GutZ

GutZ I woould be happy to give you those parts but I am sure BRP wants them back...I'll check.

Edited by Phil 1

The 800 Doo motor is the old 800 P Tek with a different fuel induction system. The 800 has and will always have problems it is also a blast to ride. I would prefer them to back it off 25 HP and make it reliable it would still be more than fast enough. :)

wouldn't that make it about a 600? Better on gas too.

that would be a 1200 4 tec

Problem being the 600 is highly stressed also to make it's 130 ish HP. I know I've broken them also.

Maybe it is me not the equipment, maybe it's me, I break lots of stuff... :)

that would be a 1200 4 tec

Were it not for the weight I would be there.

Edited by Phil 1

Am I missing something or what? Don't you guys all ride the same brand? I heard of guys knocking each others sleds before but usually they are on different manufacturers stuff. I guess it's all in fun ribbing so i will add mine I can get 16 MPG on my Apex and yes it is heavier than a Doo but it doesn't feel heavy to me and I don't feel like I'm riding on a timebomb either. I really question why anyone would make lightest weight their #1 concern when buying a snowmobile especially to trail ride in Quebec for the most part. I personally don't want to see my sled get that much lighter I may be one of the few to make that statement but to make it alot lighter you would have to make it with alot junkier (plastic, aluminum, or thinner stampings and castings) or use such high quality, harda$$, lightweight, space craft quality stuff that I couldn't afford it. We asked for all the bells and whistles it's gonna cost money and it's gonna add weight. We could go back to the 1980's fan cooled 440's with no suspension talk about light. :drinks:

This is what happens where there isn't enough snow, people get stroppy!

I rode a Yamaha, too heavy and rode on one ski but I always thought if I hit something, it wouldn't fold up. Built heavy...but too heavy for me. Switched to the doo, love it!! For me, love the lighter weight, love the ski stance... hugs the trail and I just love the sound of 'Bombardier' as I don't speak French but I have that one mastered!! The 600etec I have is 'enough', love the renegade. But I now have an 800 etec 2012 and LOVE the Rmotion suspension and how adjustable my ride is (still learning what is best though). I had to have one 800, just so I could talk intelligently lol. I confess...I like to win (even if its just once in a while). I think the 1200 is like a big fat Harley (wide, built for a long ride) as opposed to the 800 being like a little Japanese bike (quick and zippy).

In a perfect world, I would have a giant shop filled with 3 or 4 sleds and 2 trailers! In the meantime, I need more riding and less shopping! Every time I buy a sled, there are all the accessories!

Linda