1000 MILE ATV SUMMER RIDE

GOOSE

Oops what did I miss?

I have not been a big fan of Balbuzard or fallion in the past, my stop was at Forsythe, superbe hospitality great cooking and you gotta love that fireplace they had. Since the fire i had to choose between the two evils, given my experience with Balbuzard i stay at Fallion now but both places in my opinion have their pros and cons.

When i stayed at Balbuzard in one of the chalets, not sure if it was just mine or all of them but it didn't have a shower, just a tub, no hot water and very low water pressure, probably would take an hour or more to fill the tub. However on the up side the place looked beautiful and the food was superbe, will never forget slices of moose meat served to you on a hot granit rock, that was cool.

Fallion is a much needed stop for fuel between Clova and Senneterre, the rooms are clean and roomy and the owner was very helpful to my riding patner who had broken day and needed a lift to the dealer in LSQ but on the down side of all Linda was spot on with the soup issue, we were charged in the neighborhood of 125 bucks or so for the night with supper and breakfast, they wanted to serve us fast food for supper, hot dogs, poutine, clubsandwich that sort of stuff, we didn't want any of that and had to haggle a little more to get a meal out of them.

JG

Did you complain to Peter? Bal is beautiful for sure but $125 at Fallion is a deal compared to what Balb would have charged you. Tamarac is my favorite, they don't come any nicer than Carol and Alan. It's no Balbazard or Canada Adventure cosmetically but I'll take the little places any day...

Forsythe was the best. Too bad it burned down. My favorite girl in QC was the hottie behind the bar with the baseball cap on. SWEET!!! Balbuzard used to be a great stop. Loved cooking on the granite slabs they brought to each table. I don't like the current owners attitudes. Not welcoming or friendly to snowmobilers. I drive right by now. I remember Tamarac when it was a plywood shack. Great stop now with great hosts!

OH yes!! that place, where we all had soup and they didn't have enough so they added water! I have a great picture of you in the parking lot. I sent it to groomer to give to you. You look like some fearless leader or something.

And yes...the corner. No pictures?? Well then...it didn't happen lol I don't see a picture and haven't heard anyone else mention such an event!

Cheers!

Linda

True story. No pics = never happened

Agreed with the above comments. We first stayed at Forsythe in maybe 1998 I think, it was 45 below! The rooms in the trailers were nothing to right home about, but the food and the people were awesome. Stayed in Balbuzard for a few years after that, (yes, all cabins have a tub, no shower). It was fun, they treated you real nice. No gas really. Then 5 years ago or so they became real snowmobile/English unfriendly. No big deal, this year they are at $150 per person! I'd sooner sleep in a snow bank. Stayed at Lac Fallon last year, no issues, the place, accommodation, food and owner were AWESOME! Very, very, very nice and priced right. We will stay again for sure.

Nice ride and pictures. Thanks for posting! Definitely want to do something like this next summer.

Too bad nuthin' over 1000lbs allowed in the Bershire state forests.

I've seen them out on the trails. Doubt you can easily get 2 to pass in opposite directions with the narrow trails

My Razor is the standard model. It is 50" wide, the width of most big 4x4 quads. Weighs 750 lbs. I ride on all trails back home inthe berkshires and it fits no promblem. If I was to ride mostly in PQ I would get the XP model

Look like a real great trip GOOSE :good:

I love to see all those know winter spots in summer...

The damaged rim/tire pic took my attention, look like a rock's carnage result... not the kind of flat you would expect !!!

Thanks for sharing :drinks:

Alain

My Razor is the standard model. It is 50" wide, the width of most big 4x4 quads. Weighs 750 lbs. I ride on all trails back home inthe berkshires and it fits no promblem. If I was to ride mostly in PQ I would get the XP model

Did you shave it to get to 750? I thought they were just about 1k. It was a shame a couple of years back at a club ride when a father & son showed up at Balance Rock with 2 shiny new ones and the DCR guy laid down his scales and made them put them back onto the trailer. I've been dreaming of a 750 pounder!

to be correct ,the manual list the weight as 950 ibs. I consider myself law abiding , but when it comes to the fish cops I usually don't stop to talk to them. With so many woods and trails in w.mass I don't spend a lot of time in the state forests . To many rules and to many riders.

Clear! The trails around the Dalton/Worthington power lines can be more interesting anyway for sure.

I just have to be careful and not get spotted since the tree-hugger cops and the sled club dudes know me from volunteer work-party trail maintenance.

"No good deed goes unpunished!"

Maybe I could "enhance" the weight of a Razr on a bill of sale like the old fake ID play (35 yrs ago)?!