Update 1-5-12

iceman

Loop from home today.

Sorry got no national Geographic picture layout for you.

Things have improved greatly near home.

Went to St. joseph via the 360 then Pipeline to La Tuque then 73 to Riviere Pierre. All top shape 10/10

Note 353 is closed between 73 and 23 for Logging.

Took it anyway being it was saturday and no workers today. GPS guided us thru. But its closed.

Hooked up on the 302 then to 3 to 23 back to 3 to the house.

Outstanding conditions.

Was at Kanawata and then thru St Michel and St. Zenon also earlier in the week. Then back south to St Alexis. All great.

997 miles in 4 days.

Loop from home today.

Sorry got no national Geographic picture layout for you.

Things have improved greatly near home.

Went to St. joseph via the 360 then Pipeline to La Tuque then 73 to Riviere Pierre. All top shape 10/10

Note 353 is closed between 73 and 23 for Logging.

Took it anyway being it was saturday and no workers today. GPS guided us thru. But its closed.

Hooked up on the 302 then to 3 to 23 back to 3 to the house.

Outstanding conditions.

Was at Kanawata and then thru St Michel and St. Zenon also earlier in the week. Then back south to St Alexis. All great.

997 miles in 4 days.

Thanks for the info !

AWESOME! Sunday the 13th cannot come soon enough!

And....THANKS for the update.

997 miles in 4 days.

What was the new trail like between Kanawata and Repos, in and out of the ditch, criss crossing the road or was the trail on it's own.

Going to Kanawata I took the Express (the road) the "new" kanawata Trail mirrors the road quite a bit then veers off from what i saw of it. Sorry did not use it. Road was snowy and much faster.

Took 33 south to St Michel. Crossed 2 lakes there not staked or sticked. South of Repos saw lots of sled tracks going to St. Michel (left turns before Repo's as I headed north)

Really sweet for first week of January.

Nice report iceman, I look forward to reports from you and Towing. I don't get to ride as many days in Quebec as you guys but i have been on most of the trails and the reports you guys give puts us right on them with you! :clapping:

Going to Kanawata I took the Express (the road) the "new" kanawata Trail mirrors the road quite a bit then veers off from what i saw of it. Sorry did not use it. Road was snowy and much faster.

Took 33 south to St Michel. Crossed 2 lakes there not staked or sticked. South of Repos saw lots of sled tracks going to St. Michel (left turns before Repo's as I headed north)

Really sweet for first week of January.

Thanks for the report, Ice. Thad and I will be up there next week, leaving from St-Donat, and planned on running the road up to Kanawata.

timbo :hi:

Iceman,

Any word on the status of tq73 from LaTuque towards relais 22? We will be leaving shawinigan on Sunday the 13th Staying at Odanack Sunday night, then 73 to the orange trail towards Windigo. I've heard in the past 73 could be a horror story, any feedback would be great.

73 to Relais 22 i have not been on yet. Its open and seems to be fine. Says excellent on site. The first year with the new trail was rough sure its better now.

The Orange trail could be another story. They say is still alot of branches and they are working on it. Not sure on that.

Just run all the way to Relais 22 get the gas then burn out to Windigo. Are you staying at Windigo? If you are go thru 22 on the way up then at Windigo see about the shortcut back to 73 (orange trail)

Yup! If you don't need gas from Relais 22, there's a 90 degree right turn about half way up 73 from LaTuque, if you read a GPS and see the water on the left just over that berm, hop off and take the ice right to Windigo's back door. You'll know you're in the right spot when you pass a big orange roof on your left (not Howard Johnson's).

Not for those who need perfect signing.

Yup! If you don't need gas from Relais 22, there's a 90 degree right turn about half way up 73 from LaTuque, if you read a GPS and see the water on the left just over that berm, hop off and take the ice right to Windigo's back door. You'll know you're in the right spot when you pass a big orange roof on your left (not Howard Johnson's).

post-464-0-75251400-1357783945_thumb.jpg

Edited by markusvt