Trip advise and lodging?

benz500

We are starting just above Laval in Terrebonne. Thinking about heading from here to Mont- Laurier, maybe stay at Comfort inn??? From there we dont know where to go? maybe toward St- Michel des Saints, Clova, Parent? Then back to Terrebonne. Any suggestions on areas to ride good trails and good accomadations that are snowmobile friendly and easy trail access. Like to do 225-275 miles a day.

Leave on sleds Thursday morning and return to Terrebonne Saturday evening. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated for both areas to ride to and from with lodging suggestions.

Thanks....

North of Mont Laurier you very quickly can see Devil's Mountain and Windigo falls on your way North. Last week we stopped at Fer De Chaval outfitter up trail 13 and had lunch. It was very nice and I would guess maybe 100 miles from Mont Laurier. Once there you are about 40-50 miles to Parent. Our plan before the rain hit and messed stuff up was to leave from Maniwaki and sled to Fer De Chaval for the night. The next day put in a very long haul from Fer De Chaval to Parent then Clova and back down to Rabaska lodge. I think the the total 3 day trip (back to Maniwaki) was about 800kms 450-500 miles. Bottom line though is the trails are great starting in Mont Laurier and heading North. Pick a few dates, call the outfitters and make sure they have rooms and you can't lose.

Edited by gashog

Thanks for the info. I think there is only 2 hotels in Parent??? Hotel Central Parent and another one. Only looks to be 160-180 miles from Mt Laurier. So probably drop off stuff at hotel and then go out for another 60-70 mile run somewhere???

Any other accomadation suggestions?

Thanks for the info. I think there is only 2 hotels in Parent??? Hotel Central Parent and another one. Only looks to be 160-180 miles from Mt Laurier. So probably drop off stuff at hotel and then go out for another 60-70 mile run somewhere???

Any other accomadation suggestions?

There used to be some chalets in Parent I don't know the name though

Clova is around 80 miles past Parent, there are two places to stay there. We arrived in Parent at dusk one night realized we did not want to stay there and beat feet for Clova was an easy 80 miles.

I've seen some nice Warming Huts that could work for sure.

Hotel Central reminds me of the Bar Scene from the first Star Wars. The few times stopping in there.

Never slept there but hear it gets crazy on the weekends.

How crazy can it get? I cant imagine the locals light the place up.

Anyone know the trail conditions up that way?

LOL how crazy can it get? Lets just say maybe not the locals so much but what about the natives from outside of town when they come for the firewater :help::rofl:

I guess Parent is not the place to stay. Aubege clova looks decent, heated garagebfor sleds, gas station, convenient store.

Don't count on a heated garage for the sleds in Clova unless they just built it in the last 2 1/2 weeks.

You can't go wrong in Clova. I have stayed at the Tamarac and Auberege Clova. Auberge has a little nicer rooms in the old school house with a nice sitting/gathering room in the basement. I guess the drawback is you have to ride down to the gas station/rest. to eat. Domenic is the owner of the Auberge and gas station and rest. Very good guy helped us out big time last year to get a couple sleds back to Mont Laurier. Tamarac is just passed the gas station on the other side of RR tracks. Older hotel clean rooms nice bar and restaurant all in one building. They do have a barn for the sleds but not heated.

Exactly right on Viper, Natives and Firewater equals crazy.

Never stayed at Auberge Clova just lunch and taken the gas, I have Stayed at Tamarac cozy there nothing fancy but fine.

Auberge Clova seems fine but just so you know the Auberge is a Separate building from the Restaurant so you need to walk or ride down to eat or ride or walk back up to the Auberge to sleep. You can see one from the other not far but not right next door either.

Trails were great last week thru there sure its just as dandy now.

Exactly right on Viper, Natives and Firewater equals crazy. Never stayed at Auberge Clova just lunch and taken the gas, I have Stayed at Tamarac cozy there nothing fancy but fine. Auberge Clova seems fine but just so you know the Auberge is a Separate building from the Restaurant so you need to walk or ride down to eat or ride or walk back up to the Auberge to sleep. You can see one from the other not far but not right next door either. Trails were great last week thru there sure its just as dandy now.

We had to leave our buddy in parent when he blew his motor, it was a Super Bowl sunday he said the bar was open all night, he woke up in the morning the door to his room was wide open and about 4' of snow in his room on the floor, the door blew open from the wind and snow. When we met up with him 2 days later he said he wanted to move to parent! Can't be that bad, Something about the waitress!

I certainly don't want to stay in a trailer!! Lol

Suggestions on a destination from Mt Laurier

about 225-250 miles to a decent place.

But has to be about 200-225 miles to Our original

starting point in terrabonne

Not really a trailer like you are thinking more of a modular bunkhouse with community bathroom.........ok a trailer

Sounds good to me Jackstraw.

I'll bet Parent is kinda like the Island I used to live on where "you don't lose your girlfriend, you just lose your turn."

lol.

All kidding aside I would live in Parent. My wife says if I go I will go alone. She said the same thing for La Tuque. Too Boring for her.

I rember hearing a story about that place from MichaganREV. Nice place to visit. :rofl: :rofl:

Ha, ha Jim, brings back memories. lol We knew we were in trouble when the room to our door had a big boot print hole in it and the numbers to the room didn't match, but the topper was when we could here the guy snoring and burping in the next room. At least I can say I was in Parent once. I can laugh about it now. Dave