Windigo Trail

FCL

Where do you turn off of 73 north of Latuque to run the lake to Windigo and how far is it. I have been told it is about 30 miles from Windigo to 83 on the north side due to trail re route because of logging west of Relais 22. Anyone know for sure ? Thanks.

Left Windigo last Thusday morning and went across the lake. When we came off of lake ran into somebodys front yard with a locked gate. A nice gentlemen in the house gave us a key and 73 was 6 miles ahead. Not sure if this is the only trail to lake but if you come upon it you will know wat to do. From Windigo to 83 approx 6 miles, from 83 to Relay 22 about 20 miles. From Relay 22 to Robeval fist half 10-10 second half 6-10 imo

If you take the right trail, no gate, no yard. Best with a GPS, the track above get you the correct way.

Left Windigo last Thusday morning and went across the lake. When we came off of lake ran into somebodys front yard with a locked gate. A nice gentlemen in the house gave us a key and 73 was 6 miles ahead. Not sure if this is the only trail to lake but if you come upon it you will know wat to do. From Windigo to 83 approx 6 miles, from 83 to Relay 22 about 20 miles. From Relay 22 to Robeval fist half 10-10 second half 6-10 imo

If you take the right trail, no gate, no yard. Best with a GPS, the track above get you the correct way.

The track above looks to be same track that we took. This trail is no longer groomed according to Martin at Windigo and we had trouble finding a trail from the lake side heading south to 73. If you find it you cut about 75 miles off the ride to Windigo

Pourvoirie Duplessis is the place you get off the lake from Windigo .... then head east to the 73

That is were we got off the lake. Trail is not groomed and some small trees across the trail that we had to go around and over. When we got off the lake the guy at Duplessis came out and handed me a key to open the gate that he had locked.

Does the outfitter Duplessis keep this gate closed and locked all the time. I was told that there was not a gate if you are on the correct trail, but after reading the above posts not sure now ? Thanks

Heading out for 4 days and was hoping to take that way to learn for future short cuts (No gps yet,next new sled) going 73 North and will try with out gps,thanks ever one for the info,anything to ad would be great.

No gate, No gate, No gate, No gate.

There are tons of ways on/off the water. The main one we took, as picture above, No gate. If you pop off in someones back yard, all bets are off. Dogs, cats, gates, angry land owners, naked woman, rabid foxes are all possible.

Mark.

Yeah sorry I was not refuting or confirming the presence of a gate. I was just suggesting you might have a chat with the Duplessis for clarification. But I could use a variety of mapping software to gauge the distance to Mark's track on that road to Duplessis to get to the lake.

Please remember that Martine at Windigo told us the trail was not groomed and sure enough we could not find a groomed trail. She also told us it was 10Km's or 6 miles to 73 after we got off the lake and sure enough it was exactly 6 miles we came out on 73. Maybe we had the wrong trail! I am not sure now, but the gps traks shown on the earlier post is the way we left the lake.

It was 11 days ago since we went there, maybe it has changed now and the trail is groomed. Not sure!

If it truly was Duplessis that I came out to it looked like there are cabins ect. there to rent, like you would normally find at an outfitter. Nothing at all was plowed around his house or cabin, just a couple old set of snowmobile track covered with fresh snow. I did find the dog (black lab)first then the old man but were was the naked women, I did not see her. lol!

Edited by 600IQHO

That trail off 73 to the resevoir heading to Windigo is never groomed. Its a trail used by the locals to access their camps. Maybe it was groomed in the past when Duplessis was open. They are now closed in winter as far as I know. On the reservoir there are tracks going everywhere so unless you know its not easy without GPS.