2014 yams or yamacat

grumpysanta

Good Luck with that. Its an abortion if you ask me. Gotta be crazy to buy that thing especially first year.

I see many Yamaha techs making alot more money next year.

Hope I am wrong.

You can put lipstick on a pig(or Cat) and its still a pig.

Artic Cat and Quality and Reliability just do not go together.

Supertrax is leading us to believe that it is a complete new YAMAHA, not buying it, literally...sorta let down.

Come on Summer I'm getting tired of this sport...

Yup all done and looks nice : cat chassis , yampowertrain ,cat el. reverse , new nice gauge , 3 TRACK SIZES INCL. XTX.. made at T.R.F.. usa . but THE price remains JAPANESE ...

Not sure it will be made in TRF. Yamaha has extensive facilities in Wisconsin.

Good Luck with that. Its an abortion if you ask me. Gotta be crazy to buy that thing especially first year.

Hope I am wrong.

x2

Really funny how Yamaha is trying to talk this up, Like they really did something.

Well, given the state of the US (and World) economy and the mostly flat sled sales, not sure what was 'expected'. If Yamaha can raise the bar on the quality via their engineering and attention to detail, this sled may be a winner. The Nitro never had a large market and they have taken its motor (very good) and put it in a chasis that everyone says is very good. It seems to be primarily a Yamaha so Cat is somewhat of a silent partner. The Yamaha name is on that sled and except for the somewhat distinctive Cat front end, there isn't much Cat there. The extent of their relationship could change when Cat's announcement date comes since they are reportedly cutting ties with Suzuki and doing all engines domestically. Maybe that is where the rest of the Yamaha partnership comes in?

Not sure about everyone else but do we really need new sleds with motors pumping out more HP than there is now? Let's face it, for the riding style of most QRs, reliability, comfort, handling, cargo room, and mileage (maybe not in that order?) are what is important.

Just my 2 cents worth.

VT

"Not sure about everyone else but do we really need new sleds with motors pumping out more HP than there is now? Let's face it, for the riding style of most QRs, reliability, comfort, handling, cargo room, and mileage (maybe not in that order?) are what is important."

This is it in a nut shell. Make them LAST!!! 120 HP is MORE than enough I am done with big power would like to have a sled that lasts...

Too soon old too late smart!!!

Hope I am wrong.

X2 Iceman only thing possibly worse would be Yamaha chassis BRP motors. Definitely not buying one first year, I hope it works out cause what is left? I guess Polaris but geez talk about 2 steps back! I do agree that this constant evolution of chassis and power is going way overboard. My first trip to Quebec was with an 80's 440 Exciter fan and we had a blast and did 150-200 mile days then. When I hear people cry that a certain sled doesn't ride or handle like they want it I know they have not ridden anything from that era.

LITE WEIGHT SMALLER MOTOR IS WHAT MOST NEED . A.C. HAS 120, MODELS AND NOW YAMAHA HAS ALOT OF SLEDS NEAR THE SAME PRICE , wher is the economy in building too many models the yam cat looks nice ,handles pro. better than some yams , To me its more a CAT THAN A YAM . WITH POWER TRAIN FROM YAM ,, MOTOR CLUTCHES AND CHAINCASE WITH CAT CHASSIS AND SUSP. FRONT AND REAR CAT BODY WORK AND SWITCHES AND BRAKES ,WITH YAM COLORS. The question i have is because alot of cat parts come from china and or kimpex , why is the price of the sled so HIGH.. almost the price of a turbo cat. The combo is not a bad idea but the price has to come down . we need a 100+ hp lite sled

If you more then a rainy day racer they have nothing to see imo. The price tag did get better not I'll take a basic ride with 120 to 130 hp any day over window dressing. I live my life via the kiss system (keep it simple stupid)

Edited by rmk

Lets start a list of things that the Price has gone down on in the past 2 years............

Anyone?

Your Dreaming if you think things will go down in price. Come back to Earth.

You will wait a long time. No matter who builds whatever.

Edited by iceman

VT "Not sure about everyone else but do we really need new sleds with motors pumping out more HP than there is now? Let's face it, for the riding style of most QRs, reliability, comfort, handling, cargo room, and mileage (maybe not in that order?) are what is important." This is it in a nut shell. Make them LAST!!! 120 HP is MORE than enough I am done with big power would like to have a sled that lasts... Too soon old too late smart!!!

Make a sled that lasts, you see what you put your poor sled through? LOL!

Lets start a list of things that the Price has gone down on in the past 2 years............

Anyone?

Your Dreaming if you think things will go down in price. Come back to Earth.

You will wait a long time. No matter who builds whatever.

the amount I can sell my homes for. but your right just dont like the line up.

I think I will be on a doo next year again. only because of the 1+1 seat looking at the summit line 600

X2 Iceman only thing possibly worse would be Yamaha chassis BRP motors. Definitely not buying one first year, I hope it works out cause what is left? I guess Polaris but geez talk about 2 steps back! I do agree that this constant evolution of chassis and power is going way overboard. My first trip to Quebec was with an 80's 440 Exciter fan and we had a blast and did 150-200 mile days then. When I hear people cry that a certain sled doesn't ride or handle like they want it I know they have not ridden anything from that era.

Maybe BRP 2 strokes but the 1200 has been bulletproof.

Waiting for the pics of the BRP 1200 with 30,000 miles show me that. Then we can talk about being bulletproof.

With no major repairs that is.

Edited by iceman

Waiting for the pics of the BRP 1200 with 30,000 miles show me that. Then we can talk about being bulletproof.

With no major repairs that is.

how long does the aver. person keep a sled. you dont see a poss rate of return on the high cost sled till after 4 years. Or thats the math I came up with.

The Doo GSX 1200 SE is the best handling sled i've ever ridden. My riding partner came off a a 2006 APEX and now rides a GSX SE 1200 and says it's the best sled he's ever owned. I wouldn't knock it until you try it yourself....plus the handlebar warmers actually work without the need for big handlebar muffs.

Handwarmers yeah so very important. Definately a selling point. I need to get a Ski Doo now. So my hands are warm. OK.

Muffs yeah no.

Funny.

If you properly set up an Apex they handle just fine. Not an issue.

Do not get me wrong when and if Yamaha is no longer building sleds in JAPAN then I would ride BRP.

Hey relax, I'm not bashing just responding to the other posts.

In the end the market will dictate who is and who is not in business. None of them could care less what any of us think or feel.

At 12K to 14K+ I personally expect eveything on the sled to work regardless of how unimportant someone thinks it is.

I ride a sled for 5-6 seasons. I expect it to last much longer than that without ANY major repairs. I beat sleds. I ride very hard. I have a 2006 Apex GT with over 21,000 miles with NO major repairs. I love the ride. Now I'm riding a 2013 Apex XTX. Amazing sled. If Yamaha did not produce snowmobiles then I would definitely ride a Doo. No question. But Yamaha will not go bankrupt or have to be sold & parted out like BRP. Yes, they are too big/profitable/diversified to fail. It's Yamaha for me as long as they make snowmobiles.