Monteregie, Laurentians, Outaouais, Abitabi, Laurentians

Trailblazer

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well at least you did not spend your money on a cube van or dancers . Lots left for your next trip . how is the gps working out . that will save your ass ,,, some use a scroll map but hard to read at spead...lol...

Well another great day, after a night at the Tamarack with Sleddog and crew we parted and headed to Windigo.

83 east was sweet with about 4" of fresh snow, and still snowing. Lunch at Wemotaci, only choice on our route. Food was great, not the greatest atmosphere. On to Windigo, burn section tough to tell where your going snowing hard, slow going. No sign for Windigo going East, end up at relais 22. Fuel up backtrack , small sign you can see headed West arrived at 4 pm . A good 6-8" the further ESt we went. Across the resavoir tomorrow to 73 and back to trucks in Shawinigan tomorrow.

There is a ton of snow up here so anyone with plans to come up , don't worry about the warmup, there's plenty of snow !

Now the attempt to post pics!

The sled off trail is the newbie

Only 3 times in close to 1500 miles, I give him credit, I don't think he new what he was in for.

Edited by Jackstraw

Have fun Jackstraw! It was nice meeting you guys. The snowmobile season is over for the fun bartender I told you about but Windigo is still a cool place. Nice riding through the fresh snow this morning. Heading back to Syracuse and reality right now.... :(

Looks like a nice trip you guys did, survived the great white north and stories to tell about it. Too bad the timing was off just a tad, we could've bumped into each other.

Drive safely home

JG

" Lunch at Wemotaci , not the greatest atmosphere " ..... Whats the name of the place ? , Think i've been there !

Yeah but the new grocery store in town is nice and THE ONLY place I have ever seen in Quebec that had Michelob Ultra single cans for sale in the cooler !!!!

Heading up to Le Domaine today and running the Abitibi all week. A GREAT day to start my birthday today !!

" Lunch at Wemotaci , not the greatest atmosphere " ..... Whats the name of the place ? , Think i've been there !

Is that the joint upstairs overlooking the indoor skating rink?... The Kuatuar A 9 Amiw, Wemotaci, QC G0X 3R0, (819) 666-2666

After a mishap in a not so frozen marsh nearby they put our wet/frozen boots into their oven. I like mine medium-rare.

Edited by PLAYHARD

Back in shawinigan, safe and sound, left Windigo took the shortcut across the resy, found the way off but there's more then one goat path on the other side. Ended up at another house and luckily there where speeders there and told us to follow there tracks on another lake to get to 73, actually quicker. 73 down to La tuqe for early lunch. Then holy crap, they must have waved the green flag in shawinigan . We must have passed 75 sleds in a half hour period coming at you like bullets then only a handful the rest of the way. Trails in great shape the whole way despite the traffic. 1630 miles for the week. First of all I want to congratulate my newbie, his wife called me to ask if I could take him to Quebec for a Christmas present. I've known him for 48 of my 50 years. He's ridden before but a 1600 mile ride I wasn't sure about. He was a trooper and had a trip of a lifetime . Met some great people on the way , Sleddog it was pleAsure to meet you and your crew, Kel, I hope your trip was as good as ours. Hoping for one more trip this year in March. 3100 miles for the season so far. Out for now I'm pooped!!

Edited by Jackstraw

75 sleds........c'est la weekend Jim that's what happens around town.

Crazy train, wish i was on it, have fun and take care of Groomer for us. He needs a little laugh or two now.......too much overtime.

JG