Need a Family Destination - Riders & Non-Riders - Other Activities

snowpromod

Hi All,

The days are getting shorter and it's time to think about sledding!! Just got back from Hay Days, first time and the show was awesome! Anyways, looking to plan a trip that can cater to both sledders and non sledders . . . I know this can be difficult. Looking to find an area that offers everything within a pretty close distance, need the ability to ride out the the back door tho! Any good recommendations? How close to Mt. Tremblant ski area could we find lodging with sled access?

I figured I would post it up and get some expert advice from QR!

Thanks

Hi All,

The days are getting shorter and it's time to think about sledding!! Just got back from Hay Days, first time and the show was awesome! Anyways, looking to plan a trip that can cater to both sledders and non sledders . . . I know this can be difficult. Looking to find an area that offers everything within a pretty close distance, need the ability to ride out the the back door tho! Any good recommendations? How close to Mt. Tremblant ski area could we find lodging with sled access?

I figured I would post it up and get some expert advice from QR!

Thanks

You can get pretty close to Tremblant. Not as close as the old days when the linear parc ran from Saint-Agathe to Laurier, but there are motels along route 117 that you can sled into.

Comfort Inn St Jovite is the closest. You can taxi to Tremblant from there. There are nice condos for rent there. Be careful with your stuff thefts have happened at the Comfort. There are also several smaller lodging options west of the Comfort inn that are trail accessible. Mt Tremblant is a cool experience. Nice resort.

From my map it looks like the Royal Laurentian Chalets look fairly close to Mt Tremblant Ski area, and claim to have direct trail access. Anyone ever stay there? I thought about Lac Tureau as well, seems like a nice place that offers enough activities for the non sledders on site.

From my map it looks like the Royal Laurentian Chalets look fairly close to Mt Tremblant Ski area, and claim to have direct trail access. Anyone ever stay there? I thought about Lac Tureau as well, seems like a nice place that offers enough activities for the non sledders on site.

I stayed there a few years back when I took the family skiing. The trail is at the door. If you book early I believe there are some that have hot tubs. We booked at the last minute and took what we could get. Nice units well equipped. About 10 minutes by car to St Jovite, Didn't have my sled there that trip but likely about the same. I would recommend the place.

Mike

You could look at Mt St Anne also, ski area, snowmobile trail right there, ice skating, resto, full service resort. A good friend who is on this site has gone there with his family and another family the last 2 years for New Years

Yup we stayed here in Beaupre, QC and there is plenty to do for non-sledders. Its basically a ski resort but you are 35-40 minutes from Quebec City and the Ice Hotel. Groomed trail right to the place.

http://www.chateaumontsainteanne.com/en

Seems we all have an itch that needs scratching.

Can take family to Quebec Inn, indoor pool and atrium and hot tub. Trails access out of front door, can do Ice hotel, winter carnival and Old Quebec city. Dog sled and snow ski too.

Stayed there 4 times twice with family, trails around city get beat a little on weekends, but nice in the week.

reply back if questions or pm me.

I would agree with bridgebuilder

If they have snow there is a lot of variety from Quebec City

Been very happy with the Quebec City inn

With what they had to offer including security for transport

Schooter