New Adirondacks snowmobile trails stir conflict

lindasledgirl

=@ Tree Huggers... =@:aggressive:

There are several projects underway to promote Ski-Dooing in NY all met with opposition.

We need to explain some of the benefits to people other than helping the local economy.

What needs to be talked about is how the hikers may be hurting the wild life when they walk the trails in the spring and disturb the spring time mating season. Or scare a bird off their nest so a fox or coon can come in and eat the eggs. These people want the parks for themselves and they know if they bitch enough we as snowmobilers will give up. We need to do the same as they are doing , get stupid laws passed when no one is looking and harrass the state people the same as they do to get your own way.

Nonsense these hippie tree huggers, if it is so fragile then close it to everyone,

i agree with shore1066 there is much more harm in spring,summer,fall when animals are most active then any sleds passing and the occasional groomer during winter in an essentially dormant forest.

Public to me means for all.

Damn granola eating morons.

Time for a Revolution. Rise up Sledders.

I know Peter Bauer. He is a trust fund baby that has never worked an honest day in his life. His is a self righteous egotistical left wing nut case. He fails to mention that if you ever walk a hiking a trail you will see that the soil gets disrupted from foot traffic and when it rains the water follows the path of least resistence and subsequently washes away the top layer of soil and causes extensive erosion exposing rocks, root systems etc. Ever see a snowmobile trail in the summer? Usually covered in grass, brush and growth. Sleds and groomers travel on SNOW and don't distrupt the ecological system. I am also on the Board of Directors for NYSSA (the New York State Snowmobile Association) and we are fighting this idiot with all our fire power.

I also know and am friends with Jim Rolf the Trail Coordinator. He is a GREAT GUY and GREAT TRAIL BOSS! Couldnt ask for a better man at that position.

Edited by Shane

SkippyDoo, not sure but think they were nothing that most people usually ride (shhhh, don't tell the tree huggers), the main trail from Indian Lake to Inlet is the same

Thanks, that's what I thought. They must have closed the trails that go "nowhere". Had a lot of fun riding those trails a couple years ago. I'd like to say what I really think about tree huggers but probably best I don't. They might take down my screen name and hunt me down later when profiling non left wing voters becomes the politically correct thing to do here in the USA.

Thanks for all your hard work & efforts Shane! You are an Ambassador for this recreational sport we all love so dearly.

Best,

Tom

Thank you for the kind words Tom. Happy Hanukkah (Thanksgivakuh) to you and yours.