Team Maine Racing off to a firey start

Early Rider

Well i do appreciate you guys not posting what happen to the trailer until I was ready

But i think that so many people are aware that something as happened that it might as well be told and get it over with so i can move on and not have to answer the same question over and over.

It kills me to tell you that our hauler burned in JPS door yard on Saturday morning.

We arrived to find the interior of the trailer in flames, Huge thanks to JPS and Travis for his outstanding effort to help us.

We did save the sleds but lost all of our gear and the interior of the trailer is total loss.

We plan to get right on repairs or replacement, depending on the extent of the structural damage.

I have already been in touch with Mission Trailer and they are on stand by to get things rolling, waiting on the adjuster to come look at it. This at there busy time of the year with orders weeks out they are going to get us back in shop and rolling.

I would prefer not to go into detail as to how the fire started, it was however a human error and truly was an accident. They were unfamiliar with the trailer and set up and I should have paid more attention. There is plenty of blame to be shared by all.

This is a major blow to the Team and can't have come at a worse time.

Sponsorships for the race are coming very slow and things are tight for everyone this year.

We have so many other things we need to be working on at this point and having to deal with rebuilding the trailer was not on the list. As it does not end there,as i have allot of time in the trailer after the fact as well.

But with the help of our great sponsor Mission Trailer we will get it done and be ready again to focus on our quest.

The only reason that I post this because I consider everyone one on here a friend and fellow sportsman. I am a open type of guy as many of you know, I will do whatever I can to help a friend. I want to know that when we are pounding across the frozen Tundra of Labrador that there are people at home pulling for us and have shared in our highs and lows. I feel that it makes us all a part of the quest and more emotional invested.

ER

Hang in there ER. Good thing for insurance and the fact it happend now instead of February or March....

Last year during the race we were sitting at the clubhouse in St Sabine talking with a group from Maine about your progress. They were watching closely as we were were too. Lots of people out there pulling for you guys.

WOW! I had not idea! So sorry to hear. I hope you guys get back on track ASAP as I am rather certain you will. Best wishes.

Shane

P.S. If you guys are having a work party some weekend to fix her up, let me know, I would be happy to drive over and lend what help and support I can.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...