Today's Conditions; Snow Hurricane

mikerider

Started snowing last night. This morning still snowing and wind is unreal. TV said this area is having almost 100 K gusts, if I understood it correctly. Certainly looks it. Front counter at hotel has everyone trying to book another night. Two hardy sledders were getting ready to head out, they are nuts.

mikepost-70-0-05272200-1392382986_thumb.jpg

post-70-0-73369300-1392383059_thumb.jpg

post-70-0-25495200-1392383139_thumb.jpg

post-70-0-87648400-1392383317_thumb.jpg

Relax inside Mike! Tomorrow will be a better day!!!!

Andy

X2 on that Andy!

You understood it correctly Mike. When I checked The Weather Network http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ earlier today for RDL, the whole area along the St Lawrence is expecting very high winds with up to 100Km/hr gusts. I can only imagine the drifts!

You are also right about those sledders headed out this morning into this - NUTS - and an almost certain encounter with conditions that they will not be able to handle. Hopefully they will go a short distance, realize their miscalculation and turn around.

Mike it looks like quite a few sleds in the yard there. Is the hotel full? Is next week holidays for the schools there(?)

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

Those pics are bringing back memories of being in Matane. Waking up to that 3 days in a row. "one day I spent a week in Matane."

No one is going very far for a couple of days till they bust them trails open with the groomers(without the drag).

No sense in grooming anyway until the winds die down.

Hotel is full this weekend with hockey tournament but probably a lot of cancellations with the storm.

My room expires tomorrow, suppose to be a bad travelling days until Monday, hoping for a cancellation and I can hunker down here. Besides, only need a few more miles to break 3K miles on the ACE, I'm hoping to be the first on DooTalk.com to do so on the new 900. Maybe I will win a new toaster!

mike

I was not talking of grooming, just breaking the giant drifts that will be out there. It will be probably sunday or monday till any grooming i think.

You are at Universal? Mikerider?

Edited by iceman

I'm at the L'Oiseliere in Montmagny.

Been riding more here than RDL this year, hotel a little better, trails just as good except this is a very, very busy area on the trails on weekends.

Universal Hotel has been terrible foodwise at the restaurant this year, whereas L'Oiseliere is excellent and much cheaper in price. This is about a two hour less drive for me from Maine.

mike

Yes Ok, good spot there for sure. Sunday Morning we will be dropping in just south of Trois Riveres and over the Pont Laviolette. Will be riding for a week in Chaudiere.

Those pics are bringing back memories of being in Matane. Waking up to that 3 days in a row. "one day I spent a week in Matane."

No one is going very far for a couple of days till they bust them trails open with the groomers(without the drag).

I think I was in Matane that same weekend, our sleds looked the same as the ones in Mikes pics.

Mike, how long are you up there for, I am looking for someone to do the Gaspe and a loop thru New Brunswick, Point Crossing down thru Kedgewick and Moose Valley, up thru Cabano. Maybe start Around Cabano or Riviera Du looplast week of Febuary. Bob

Bob, I am headed home Monday. Thanks for thinking of me, would be a nice trip. I am kind of getting used to staying put in one place these days and doing day loops.

More relaxing. Nice to come back to a hot tub and all the nice things of a first class hotel, and do the miles I feel like and not the miles I have to. Getting old I guess.

Will be back up, probably Montmagny, after visiting home for 6 or 7 days.

Thanks,

mike

• 2 weeks later...