Scratchin the itch one one time

NH-Moose

Iceman and and I drove to Rimou today and took a short afternoon ride to Amquii after quick roadside trailer tire change outside Quebec City. Brand new tires a few hundred miles ago, but the Apex XTX was on that side of the trailer where the blowout occurred a- hmmmmm. The side with the Skidoo had no issues ;<)

We're thinking tomorrow a run down to Carlton, up the orange to la cache, down the 595 and stay in New Richmond or perhaps further east.

Saturday run east to Chandler then up 595 through Murdochville and stay in Mont St Pierre or somewhere on the north shore.

Sunday run back to Rimou adding bonus miles as required.

In war, the best battle plans are shattered after the first shot is fired, likewise our plan is likely to change when we get to the first intersection ;<)

The good thing is the stickers stick good in the above freezing temps!

Will the last group off the peninsula, please pick up all the red sticks!

post-478-0-56407100-1396572028_thumb.jpg

hi john and don !!!

just to advise you that once at the '' stop '' sign at t l r ...truck logging road...2 miles east of '' shortcut '' for albertville the '' loop ''..detour... might be plowed for wind mills...if so....

at the stop sign ....go straight ...on the left side of plowed road...( tq 5)...in green ( here )..

it has been packed by sleds and the signage is there..

not too long ...half a mile...

i was supposed to go there tonight to fix it..but warm....snow stick in the drag and stay there...can make a big mess on trail...rather stay home..

4 hrs of grooming and half an hr of work once at logging road...aint worth to go there....

nothing to worry about !!

have a nice trip !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

You KNOW you'll have no regrets gents! If it gets sloppy just think about how you'll be wishing for it in the hot months! Send pictures! Post stickers!

Roger dat over.

Did you make it up the orange to La Cache today?

Did you take the Relais L'Averne short cut too?

Pouring cats'n dogs in MTL was hoping to take the Tundra out tomorrow just to say I rode out of the back yard in April.

Friday ride.

Fist off thank you JG for paving the white road for us down the 5. Only problem was I think there was 1 bump in the trail, not quite sure, may have been a shadow ;< )

Left Amqui and at JG's clubhouse, turned right to 587 south. Super all fresh groomed. Gas in Matapedia. Then onward to TQ 5. Gas in Nouvelle and continued to orange to try for La Cache. Orange trail fresh groomed. Very sweet, many new windmills. Was a part with a lot of soft snow which even though it looked so nicely groomed would suck you in like quicksand. Oh well, onward.

We got about 40 miles up the orange and arrived at the last warming hut there. Find the groomer turned around and it was now a single sled goat trail, but looked like it was well and recently traveled. GPS said about 35-40 miles to go to get to the junction of 595. Looked like a groomer had not been through for some time, so it was bumpy but enough fluff to make it cushiony. We gave her a go for 7 miles but not my cup o' tea. Then most of the sled traffic seems to turn to the left, southward, 'twas not the gps track which showed due north, but looking up that way turned to what looked like maybe only 1-2 sleds had punched through in the past week+. we were 55 miles out from getting gas so nearing a half tank decision time, so we backtracked down the orange to Carleton then got gas. Decided it was too nice and too early to park there and headed for New Richmond. Smooth sailing on TQ 5 into Hotel Francis.

Trails amazing out here, but road crossings are getting black, dry, and rough in spots. Rail crossings require extra attention since the rails are sticking up 4-6 inches sometimes.

Was a busy day, passed maybe 15-20 sleds, but spaced out an hour+ between encounters.

May try another landing approach to La Cache tomorrow as we venture back to the north shore.

post-478-0-71174100-1396663746_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-97786100-1396663772_thumb.jpg

Have a great ride Guys!! Looks like according to the WN you could be into another 15cm of snow today. Who knows what that will translate into once you get to the higher elevations. All good, all an adventure!

Hope the traffic isn't too heavy hahahaha

hi nh-moose !!

thx....great for you ...my club .....but not my side of tq 5 or 587 !!

matapedia river split territory....it has been groomed by operators in albertville.

snowing very lightly right now....-3c...

jean-guy

Riding 595 breaking trail on April 5......check.

New Richmond to 595 to La Cache. 595 to an early lunch at St Paulin club house. Then gas in St Anne then out east on TQ5 to Mont St. Pierre then turned back and we are in St. Anne for Tonight. More new snow up on the 595 then up on the north shore. Nothing crazy but 4-5 inches in places. At elevations.

Saw 12.5 deer (the half was half eaten) middle of the 595.

14 brown Squirrels

Maybe 15 sleds. (its saturday after all.)

Pretty sweet the trails, no doubt.

Back at home. Woke to about 2" new snow in St. Anne It was the icing on the cake for this trip and the season. TQ 5 down past Mont Joli then 578 i think into Rimouski back to truck. Absolutely awesome. Great day to be on the trail. A little windy but otherwise just super conditions the whole way. One Police checkpoint today early near St. Anne. 2 nice friendly guys. Stayed long enough to make small talk and let them have a good look at the sled. No worries. I though maybe by now there would be an all points bulletin issued for the Iceman guy but so far so good. I was gonna give em stickers for their sleds but decided to steer clear of that discussion.

A great 3 day run. NH moose is an anytime anywhere in my book. Great trail partner And valuable team member for sure.

Thanks for all John great run.

I think I am done riding for real now. But I said that 2 weeks ago too so.......

14,204 KM to date this Season.

Just arrived home, 12:50am. Are you sure it's over, how about one more run in May? Will Groomer still be grooming in May? Will the trails be mint? Exactly when does the trail pass expire?

Will post some pics after a much needed sleep ;< )

Moose out

Just arrived home, 12:50am. Are you sure it's over, how about one more run in May? Will Groomer still be grooming in May? Will the trails be mint? Exactly when does the trail pass expire?

Moose out

Hi Moose!

I have it from a good source that he went to put the groomer away! He told me to look at the weather forecast and get my 4 wheeler ready!

Linda

Indeed Linda, Iceman and I were chatting how incredible the ride was, you wouldn't know its April except the temperatures. We definitely caught the tail end the "touring" season up there. That's when we came up with the last group out grab the red sticks comment - LOL.

There should be pockets of incredible riding for a couple more weeks, but open water soon and an ever increasing grind for gas, etc.

55F at my house today, may take the motorbike for a spin this afternoon

Twas a très bonne saison!!!

Moose out

hi nh-moose !!!

sadly ,i took my last run this morning !!! back from albertville 1.5hrs ago !!!checked forecast for the week and bad weather is coming !!

+12c at the forks on my way back home...

its sad because there s still tons of snow !!!

i ve been to st fidele cb a week ago....looks like traffic has been super low...hard to find a bump !!

thx for posting pics !!!

ps : linda..do you have ontarian spies in the gaspesie ??? where did you take that info ????

jean-guy

Edited by groomer

a few pictures from the ride

first grass appears at relais Iceman April 4

find this one...

Amqui

587 just yummy.

TQ5

TQ5

Who's your daddy?

Ice from above

587 WOW

TQ5

Sleds from above

"Find this one"

Still warm, wasn't there a week from last Sunday........ :diablo:

:good:

The one on the yellow bridge was in Woborn PQ ,on the Maine ( Corbin-Gore) boarder :drinks:

post-318-0-53905300-1396902708_thumb.jpg

Edited by momojohnny

"Find this one"

Still warm, wasn't there a week from last Sunday........ :diablo:

:good:

The one on the yellow bridge was in Woborn PQ ,on the Maine ( Corbin-Gore) boarder :drinks:

Yeah i guess I made it pretty easy that one. lol.