Summer Gathering

looks like the 2nd is shaping up to be the date. sorry that we can't "please" everyone with the time-frame, but last minute craziness like this conclave of sno-mo-nuts did not afford much advance notice for scheduling. We're looking at Amqui, in all probability, cuz I am fairly certain that most of the attendees would appreciate operating a/c, and other accouterments, etc.. Those that might wish to do a little off-roading, atv'ing, dirt-biking, etc., could schedule that for one of the afternoons that we would be in town (including a mountain-high sleepover for those inclined). I well know that a lot of the attendees would liefer sit around drinking beer, telling lies about past shared sno-mo exploits, off trail excursions, and thoughts about adventures to come this winter. Any way, it's all good.

Will post as soon as able on the site selection. It looks like the weekend of the Aug 2nd will be the timeframe. Sorry we can't accomodate everyone on the dates. Last minute events are difficult to please all.

timbo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Quebec Riders. We are confirmed for a block of rooms at the Selectotel in Amqui, for arrival on Friday, 1 August, and departure on Sunday, 3 August. Rooms are in the building next to the Swimming Pool. Call the hotel at 418-629-2241, or 800-463-0831 (CA only).

The reservations are for double rooms (2 double beds in each room), They have an array of other rooms, should you desire other accomodations.

Let me know if you have any trouble reserving a room.

timbo

• 2 weeks later...

The Select will be a great spot for a Gathering! Pool, hot tub, great bar inside and patio. The weekend of the Gathering is also the kite/hang glider festival at Mont Saint Petrie. They launch off at the look-out over town, you can also pay and ride tandem down with a pilot. An option for those not riding with JG.

• 4 weeks later...

Less than two weeks to the QuebecRider Gathering at the Select in Amqui!! It will be great to see everyone, have a beer and listen to snowmobile stories in August from crazy people.....like myself!!

Sounds like there will be a few attending, any more thinking of heading to the Gaspesie for this gala event?

How is the speech coming along Jean Guy, been practicing?

JG

Hopefully your remarks will be well lubricated with un peu de vin rouge!

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Timbo

bonjour timbo !!!

hahhaa......lets wait and see!!!!

i have no skills for speech........

jean-guy

Is there an atv ride arranged with JG

hi jg !!!

you guys decide...if we ride ,on the z e c only ...no provincial atv trails for me......and i need to bring back my 4w in town...need to know in advance...

10-11$$ to access z e c !!

we could start from just outside town....near that golf course on the way up to lake...

jean-guy :drinks:

hi jg !!!

you guys decide...if we ride ,on the z e c only ...no provincial atv trails for me......and i need to bring back my 4w in town...need to know in advance...

10-11$$ to access z e c !!

we could start from just outside town....near that golf course on the way up to lake...

Given your response it sounds like nothing had been set up yet.

I have no problem with zec trails, I don't have a provincial pass anyways always ride in forest roads and off trail.,

Wondering if I will be the only one with an atv at the gathering, is Linda and company gonna be there or any others with atvs?

Oh wondering if anyone will be bringing there spouses.

There's always hang gliding in St.Pierre lol

I am trying to get off that week and tour the gaspesie mon-wed, and Trailblazer I am bringing my wife , i will know tomorrow for sure, hopefully there will be a room left!

I have rode the Zec with Jean Guy on ATV many times, well worth the trip. There as many, many nice site where he will tour you. The Gathering is certainly an event that spouces are more than welcome!! The more the merrier!!

Given your response it sounds like nothing had been set up yet.

I have no problem with zec trails, I don't have a provincial pass anyways always ride in forest roads and off trail.,

Wondering if I will be the only one with an atv at the gathering, is Linda and company gonna be there or any others with atvs?

Oh wondering if anyone will be bringing there spouses.

There's always hang gliding in St.Pierre lol

good morning jg !!!

no, nothing had been set up ....was just waiting if some were interested !!!

jean-guy

I've gotten a set of top secret carborundum/graphite slide rails. I'm thinking of bringing my 2014 600 Indy sp along to the gathering and will ride with the ATV's for a few hours. Distributor maintains I can ride in sand/snirt/gravel for 100 miles, if bearings in idler/road wheels don't fail. I've fabricated an ice/pack umbrella to lay atop the cylinder heads that will be good for about 55-60 minutes in 90 degrees F ambient temp. I'll need a little help from you ATV guys to haul a cooler with a little extra ice, if we will lurk around in the bush for more than a few hours. C U Taterheads in a few days.

Stay clear of the puckerbrush!

yours truly

The Blizzard Wizzard

• 2 weeks later...

bonjour a tous !!!

just to say a big MERCI to all for the awesome week end !!!

lots of fun...jokes ....memories and stories !!!

great weather all the time...

we landed in msp yesterday for about 2 hrs...and once back in amqui....chef mclelan cooked us the best tasty ailes de poulet matapedia valley could offer while lisa was taking care of music !!!

once again ... BIG THX !!!

here's the result smclelan !!! :tease: ....hahhahaha !!

despite it was monday ...not too bad at work...still very hot !!!

only started to fall asleep ...in the last 3 tank of gas !!

great day !!!

hi doo4adoo !!!

Gaspesie is just (almost :-) ) as beautiful in summer as it is during the time of snow and Ice.

A jumbo good time for all who made the trip to Amlqui. Great pics, as always, JG. First time I ever was eating wings along the lake, and saw an eagle and a blue heron within 3 minutes.

Thanks for the good times in the Coulee Vert.