Lac Fallion closed this winter!!!

Andyman

I am surprised they aren't going to sell gas. A facility that size is not easily shut down, I would think there would have to be some heat kept on and security on site. Selling gas would help offset these costs somewhat. However doesn't look like that will be the case, a big hole in the trail.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Balbuzard still has the same size fuel tanks there will be serious issues with rationing & them running out of fuel. Going west your tank needs to be fully topped off at Balbuzard in order to make Louvicourt. Coming east from Louvicourt is a major crap shoot now. If Balbuzard has no fuel it's game over!

Edited by Florida Snowman

If Balbuzard still has the same size fuel tanks there will be serious issues with rationing & them running out of fuel. Going west your tank needs to be fully topped off at Balbuzard in order to make Louvicourt. Coming east from Louvicourt is a major crap shoot now. If Balbuzard has no fuel it's game over!

Explora is showing about 120 miles from Clova to Louvicourt. If that is correct most should make it. A friend of ours ran out on his Apex at 122 miles last year and that was with a 9.2 gallon tank. Might actuallybe more than Explora is showing so riders may not make it without fueling at Balbuzzard. Anyone have the exact distance?

That's only like 13/14 mpg, i thought they did way better than that?

I think a lot of people are going to be carrying gas this year, i have a 2.5 gallon tank for on my GSX and i can go 140-150 on a full tank so i should be good.

Explora is showing about 120 miles from Clova to Louvicourt. If that is correct most should make it. A friend of ours ran out on his Apex at 122 miles last year and that was with a 9.2 gallon tank. Might actuallybe more than Explora is showing so riders may not make it without fueling at Balbuzzard. Anyone have the exact distance?

Checked my notes and also checked my GPS tracks. Depending upon the route that is used for the TQ83 this year I believe you will find Clova to either Louvicourt or Senneterre to be 160 statute miles give or take. So subtract Clova to Balbazard and you have in the 103 mile mark to pump gas in Louvicourt or Senneterre.

Andy

ps: If you buy me a beer I will let you in on a short cut that will save some time/distance.

Checked my notes and also checked my GPS tracks. Depending upon the route that is used for the TQ83 this year I believe you will find Clova to either Louvicourt or Senneterre to be 160 statute miles give or take. So subtract Clova to Balbazard and you have in the 103 mile mark to pump gas in Louvicourt or Senneterre.

Andy

ps: If you buy me a beer I will let you in on a short cut that will save some time/distance.

160 is for sure too far for most. I dont need a short cut as we are good for 200+ per tank. But I will still buy you a beer if we ever run into you.

I called Clova this morning to see if Dominic had any info on this subject but it went to an answering machine. I sent an email to him and no answer yet. Thanks for the offer of the beer 600IQHO! i hope to be able to take you up on it sometime.LOL

Andy

It will be interesting to hear the story on Clova and how Dominic will manage the Tamarack. For a small community it certainly has lots of rooms, between the school house, the big cabin, and now the Tamarack.

Clova has always been one of my favorite stops, a neat little spot in the middle of nowhere.

It will be interesting to hear the story on Clova and how Dominic will manage the Tamarack. For a small community it certainly has lots of rooms, between the school house, the big cabin, and now the Tamarack.

Clova has always been one of my favorite stops, a neat little spot in the middle of nowhere.

Just make sure you don't park your sleds on the railroad tracks Steven! Lol

Not sure of the size of their tanks but the last two years there has been a road plowed into Balbuzard so they must be able to get gas in during winter,hopefully they will prepare for it

For gaz at WEMONTACI just beside WEMONGAZ

call Reynald Francoeur 819-666-2667 last year ok, this year ?

And between Manawan and Parent , stop gaz and lunch at LUNIC and Pourvoirie 100 Lacs all services

Edited by Coyote

I was hoping to have word back from Clova on the grooming /fuel situation but nothing heard. I am heading to Cuba in the morning and if I hear anything I will post when able.

Andy

Wave when you fly over..

Timbo

Unsavory looking characters!!!

Is Mr. Chin getting a Quebec pass so he can demonstrate his off trail riding abilities or his navigational skills or his keen sense of sight/hearing? LOL He might even have the latest Ski-doo gear to prevent frost bite!

post-14-0-04865500-1417602866_thumb.jpg