The boys have arrived in the west

snowfarmer

Richard , Rob , Lenny and myself have landed in LaBannik arriving by the blacktop trail. We drove up through North Bay and over through Temiscaming then to Villa Marie. Snow around North Bay looked like spring conditions. The trail out of Temiscaming to the Ontario side has not been groomed yet. Roads are bare and would not be nice to get over the bridge in Temiscaming ! The trail north out of Temiscaming was groomed table top smooth. Snow amounts increased the further north we drove. Heading north to La Sarre in the am.

post-280-0-93221500-1454633685_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-22216600-1454633808_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-40444000-1454634183_thumb.jpeg

Edited by snowfarmer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The owner of La Bannik is pictured with us. He came by to chat for a moment. Said to leave the keys to the truck and trailer he has people to come and get ya if you ever have trouble. Great service here!

post-280-0-96892800-1454677888_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-62304500-1454677921_thumb.jpeg

The owner of La Bannik is pictured with us. He came by to chat for a moment. Said to leave the keys to the truck and trailer he has people to come and get ya if you ever have trouble. Great service here!

David have fun, sounds like thats a good idea to leave your keys with them, would not want the same problem as last year with keys and truck lol!

David have fun, sounds like thats a good idea to leave your keys with them, would not want the same problem as last year with keys and truck lol!

I had forgot that story! LOL

Much better to leave the keys with the lodge owner than in the trucks ignition with the engine running!!!

Ahhh the memories!

Have a great ride David & Co.

Edited by Florida Snowman

It's all good, David.

Prolly see you in the next few days................The Flying Potatoe Brothers have pulled the plug on our proposed cross country trip from Grand Mere, up thru the lowlands south of the river to the Gaspesie, around the Gaspesie across to Baie Commeau and back to Grand Mere. We were departing GM on Monday morning.

I am pleased to say that we are booked-in to La Bannick, arriving Sunday evening. We'll do a 10 day loop from there, to "somewhere" North, and back.

Hope you are still in residence when we arrive. Be great to see you again and catch up.

timbo

It's all good, David.

Prolly see you in the next few days................The Flying Potatoe Brothers have pulled the plug on our proposed cross country trip from Grand Mere, up thru the lowlands south of the river to the Gaspesie, around the Gaspesie across to Baie Commeau and back to Grand Mere. We were departing GM on Monday morning.

I am pleased to say that we are booked-in to La Bannick, arriving Sunday evening. We'll do a 10 day loop from there, to "somewhere" North, and back.

Hope you are still in residence when we arrive. Be great to see you again and catch up.

timbo

Keep updated on your travels . We have no plans after Saturday.

Made it to La Sarre after a great day on the trails. We traveled 63/83/93 north and really no complaints. Most all trails seem to have been groomed overnight or since the last bit of warm up. Places where it was the roughest was on a bit of a reroute of a trail but passed a groomer on the way through that section. Lots of snow . You can see that they are trying to widen out the trails so they can be a bit soft on the edges. Ran into a police check in Rouyn-noranda. They checked all paper work and this is the first time I have ever seen them write down our registration numbers on a pad of paper. Saw more sleds then usual , but have never ridden this area close to a weekend. Even had a chance to check out a relay that is not open during the week. The hotel is busy ! 200 rooms and they are all full!

post-280-0-56611300-1454718496_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-23297500-1454718594_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-80559800-1454718650_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-97890100-1454718687_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-73692500-1454718713_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-52643600-1454718780_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-21560200-1454718824_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-35694500-1454719411_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-21666500-1454719523_thumb.jpeg

Edited by snowfarmer

"The hotel is busy ! 200 rooms and they are all full!"

La Sarre has a hotel with 200 rooms? Which one is that if you don't mind? Motel Repo's is big but not 200 I don't think. Maybe it's not that one. Thanks.

Enjoy your run. Seems like a great start.

"The hotel is busy ! 200 rooms and they are all full!"

La Sarre has a hotel with 200 rooms? Which one is that if you don't mind? Motel Repo's is big but not 200 I don't think. Maybe it's not that one. Thanks.

Enjoy your run. Seems like a great start.

The numbers on the doors go that high but will check it out!

The numbers on the doors go that high but will check it out!

y

Your right ! 70 rooms ! They must be superstitious up here with the room numbers . Like floors in a high rise.

Edited by snowfarmer

y

Your right ! 70 rooms ! The must be superstitious up here with the room numbers .

All good still alot of full rooms for La Sarre. Go ride local near there anything orange trail wise is really nice.

All good still alot of full rooms for La Sarre. Go ride local near there anything orange trail wise is really nice.

Was thinking of doing that. We have reservations in Amos Saturday night so we are looking for some side trails to do. Any recommendations for a place to eat lunch?

Was thinking of doing that. We have reservations in Amos Saturday night so we are looking for some side trails to do. Any recommendations for a place to eat lunch?

I'm sorry but I got no help for you on the lunch, which stop in Amos? Amosphere? Hotel Eskers?