BRP OKS FUSE UPGRADE

grumpysanta

For those having problems with electronic reverse failure do to blown fuse 20 amp . I had my dealer check with BRP after blowing 3 fuses that they OKED the fuse replacement to 30 amp because of a spike in motor to 27 amps , so this is the fix for now and should be no warranty problems . with this mod.

What years and models does this apply to? Thanks Grumpy.

For those having problems with electronic reverse failure do to blown fuse 20 amp . I had my dealer check with BRP after blowing 3 fuses that they OKED the fuse replacement to 30 amp because of a spike in motor to 27 amps , so this is the fix for now and should be no warranty problems . with this mod.

I don't want to be an alarmest, but I hope the gauge of wiring in that circuit is up to carring the extra amperage.

This is for the 2016 models with 4 stroke and electronic (push button) reverse, not Renegade X for instance, a few years ago they also lowered the amperage on the starter fuses and they kept blowing, up it by 10 amp fuse and all was good, no worries on the wiring size as it is only a momentary surge, just put in the higher fuse on your new sleds and all will be OK

if it's OK to put the 30 amp fuse in why did it not come from the factory like that? I can only imagine if I would call my local Peterbilt dealer and ask them if it's OK to put heavier starter relay in because it keeps kicking lol

if it's OK to put the 30 amp fuse in why did it not come from the factory like that? I can only imagine if I would call my local Peterbilt dealer and ask them if it's OK to put heavier starter relay in because it keeps kicking lol

Darned if I know

All TSB's are like that no? If things came correct the first time out you would never need updates. Man the perfect world. Something about the wire being rated for 40A, the old solenoid drawing less, new one draws more, BRP says go to 30A. No need to overthink it, the sky is not falling.

Edited by markusvt