Surfacer St Stanislas

iceman

My Club ...

Club Champlain

Last night. Fell in the river.

Worked thru the night to get it out

No one hurt. But certainly they suffered working in that cold.

post-211-0-00205700-1455482184_thumb.jpeg

post-211-0-52928000-1455482198_thumb.jpeg

Edited by iceman

Looks like the trail goes right to left? Where was he going? Asleep at the wheel?

He was a she and I was thinking the gps was screaming "off course re-calculating" definately taking the long way.

Last week we dropped in going 3 west after lunch @ Roger's (smoke meat on rye still killer), and when we got the intersection on the ice we headed north for the scenic route back to Shawini, but just up around the first bend there were two sets of crossed red sticks so we peeled back down and popped up across the short route.

Does the club groomer cut across the river on 3? The groomer does not go up the orange or does it?

St%20Stanislas_zpsz89llsiy.jpg

Pretty sure this was on the Orange up near the 159 on the small river there.

Iceman....

Are the rivers safe to ride right now...planning to come up to the Gouvernuer next weekend with the wife and a few others. I am assuming they are but want to make sure so there are no surprises, being that some in the group this will be the first ride in Quebec and I want to show them a good time. Thanks in advance !!

Iceman....

Are the rivers safe to ride right now...planning to come up to the Gouvernuer next weekend with the wife and a few others. I am assuming they are but want to make sure so there are no surprises, being that some in the group this will be the first ride in Quebec and I want to show them a good time. Thanks in advance !!

Yes from Gouveneur all good is staked and safe. Rivere St Maurice is all good near Grand Mere as well staked too. Only staked as far north as Grand Piles this year. You cannot go all the way up. You can get to the alternate trail 360 they are using this year to go to St Joseph de Mekinac by getting off river there in Grand Piles. It will be fine.

Yes from Gouveneur all good is staked and safe. Rivere St Maurice is all good near Grand Mere as well staked too. Only staked as far north as Grand Piles this year. You cannot go all the way up. You can get to the alternate trail 360 they are using this year to go to St Joseph de Mekinac by getting off river there in Grand Piles. It will be fine.

Great.....as always, thanks for the info !!