La Verendrye lodge open??

Sled Dog

Anyone know if its open? How about the condition of 63? We are leaving from Maniwaki. I'm putting the mileage at just under 200 miles.

We've gotten gas there on the way to Lake Trout. Have a first time Quebec rider with us so trying to keep the miles down!

thanks for any info!

Anyone know if its open? How about the condition of 63? We are leaving from Maniwaki. I'm putting the mileage at just under 200 miles.

We've gotten gas there on the way to Lake Trout. Have a first time Quebec rider with us so trying to keep the miles down!

thanks for any info!

Pretty sure that would be a yes on open. 63 I can not tell you got nothing sorry.

thanks for any info!

I read here the other day that someone went down there for fuel $2.00 litre.

Rode 63 east to west last Thursday from Mont Lauier . All good! Get reservations ,took us a delay of two nights to get in . Was ok thou we just made our trip last a little longer.

Edited by snowfarmer

Is it true they have no beer there? Saw that on another forum.

When we were there last March they had beer, I dont think they had a big choice, very limited.

New owners are going to add a bar and additional rooms.

Rich,

Sorry for the delay…..

Maniwaki to Pourvoirie Laverendrye is approx 150 miles. We rode the park Friday. Kitsisakik to Le domaine is 198 kms. Trail was awesome.South of Kitsisakik, 386 runs next to a plowed road for about 8-9 miles but they left room for the groomer but easy on the throttle. TQ63 has been slightly rerouted around Pourvoirie Laverendrye. Le Domaine to the Classic hasn’t been groomed since the last snowfall but it was smooth sailing with 3-4 inches of powder with more closer to the classic. 322 from Classic to Grand-Remous was tabletop. 13/63 from Grand-Remous down to Maniwaki : few bumps in the corners but otherwise excellent. We have lots of snow in Maniwaki. Close to 2 feet since last Tuesday. We have as much snow as Abitibi. Another 5-6 inches friday night. A little bit of rain Saturday but nothing to worry about.The 600’s are back in Maniwaki with 1527 miles. Maniwaki to clova via lepine road, Roberval, Chibougamau, Senneterre, LaSarre, Val d’Or. Great trip...great conditions!

You guys have a safe trip. Keep an eye on the weather....possibility of another snowstorm next week.

Rode 63 east to west last Thursday from Mont Lauier . All good! Get reservations ,took us a delay of two nights to get in . Was ok thou we just made our trip last a little longer.

Well - Well Dave. Must have passed you on the trail :drinks: Was there on Thursday myself (1pm-ish) on the way to Mt L. Who knew 8) Did a 4.5 day 1400 miler from Matawin to Val Dor Rouyn, down to Ville Marie (tons of snow in the Abitibi) Down the 63 back to the truck. Sorry we didnt bump into Ya. FYI Y'all,,, they are opening- grooming the BIG road down to Rapid D- J this Monday. Love the Rapid 7 club house.

post-318-0-78765500-1456007332_thumb.jpg

post-318-0-24044300-1456007357_thumb.jpg

post-318-0-54993700-1456008557_thumb.jpg

Edited by momojohnny