North by Northwest - Season Ender 2016

Day 1:

Snowmobiling can be a finicky sport. Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you get very lucky. Today was the latter!

Woke up to crystal clear blue skies and a temp of -22F. After a quick breakfast, Jim (LowRider) & I pulled out of Shawinigan at 7:15 AM. We knew there would be abundant snow since 2 storms hit PQ in the previous 4 days dropping over 2 feet of new fresh pow-pow. Prayed to the groomer gods that all groomers were out in full force the prior 2 nights to work in this new bounty. We weren't in the mood to break trail for a few days like Team Iceman was doing. Different sleds are needed for that workout!

Took LT / TQ23 / 351 / 355 / LT1 / TQ73 / 355. All trails were either groomed last night or the night before! Took gas & had lunch in Lac-Edouard. Continued on a perfectly groomed 355 to Lac-Bouchette & took gas. Continued on 355 / TQ83 East & dropped on LSJ in Chambord at the Lac Saint-Jean Chalets & Spa. Rode up the lake to Roberval & checked out the practice round for this weekends Snow-Cross race. Unbelievable the amount of talent. Oh to be young again! Got off the lake & took TQ83 west to 711 / 373 to Saint-Felicien. Unloaded at Hotel du Jardin & just had a fantastic meal here.

281 miles

It doesn't get better than this! Load your trucks & trailers & get up here now!

Stay tuned.

Tom

Edited by Florida Snowman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome Tom. Ripi it up! Can't believe we are in Maine instead of QC thanks to the fine Canadian border agents. Headed home Monday before the heat wave.

What's this all about?

Day 2:

So you think yesterday was as good as it can get? Well think again! Woke up to 2" of new fresh snow, +7*F & total darkness. Saddled up the ponies and pulled out of the pen at 6:00am. I just love starting in the darkness & riding into the daylight. The groomer gods were in my dreams all night and listened to my wishes. Immediately after exiting the parking lot at Hotel du Jardin we made first fresh tracks. That trend continued for 75% of today's ride! Today's destination was Senneterre. TQ93 all day. A good days work indeed.

Took gas in La Dore, Lumber Mill, Chibougamau, Chapais, Desmaraisville & Senneterre. While we were in Chibougamau we were able to watch a parade of classic old sleds go by. Festival Folifrets Chibougamau Rally Minoune was taking place today. How lucky can we get! We were told 1851 entries were there for this festival. What a blast seeing all these old classic sleds driving around a loop for them.

Just a fantastic day start to finish! It doesn't get any better. Happy to be in Abitibi - Temiscamingue again. My favorite area of all Quebec to ride. Checked in to Motel Senabi at 4:00pm.

420 miles

Edited by Florida Snowman

420 Tom........amazing you got a few snap shots in.

A few years back I introduced my NY boys to the 400 mile club on that route, LSQ Chibougamau La Dore then Relais 22, they wanted to be a part of the 500 mile club but they couldn't give up lunch so 400 mile club is where they're gonna stay, saw mill is slow on refuelling too.

420 Tom........amazing you got a few snap shots in.

A few years back I introduced my NY boys to the 400 mile club on that route, LSQ Chibougamau La Dore then Relais 22, they wanted to be a part of the 500 mile club but they couldn't give up lunch so 400 mile club is where they're gonna stay, saw mill is slow on refuelling too.

And they took in a Parade of Antique sleds too. On the way.

Day 2:

So you think yesterday was as good as it can get? Well think again! Woke up to 2" of new fresh snow, +7*F & total darkness. Saddled up the ponies and pulled out of the pen at 6:00am. I just love starting in the darkness & riding into the daylight. The groomer gods were in my dreams all night and listened to my wishes. Immediately after exiting the parking lot at Hotel du Jardin we made first fresh tracks. That trend continued for 75% of today's ride! Today's destination was Senneterre. TQ93 all day. A good days work indeed.

Took gas in La Dore, Lumber Mill, Chibougamau, Chapais, Desmaraisville & Senneterre. While we were in Chibougamau we were able to watch a parade of classic old sleds go by. Festival Folifrets Chibougamau Rally Minoune was taking place today. How lucky can we get! We were told 1851 entries were there for this festival. What a blast seeing all these old classic sleds driving around a loop for them.

Just a fantastic day start to finish! It doesn't get any better. Happy to be in Abitibi - Temiscamingue again. My favorite area of all Quebec to ride. Checked in to Motel Senabi at 4:00pm.

420 miles

Congrats on that day, with pics, HATS OFF TO YOU.

420! Amazing riding Tom. You had time to watch a parade? Trail report with Photos. You guys are getting it done.

Thanks,

Jim & Gemma

He was on the trail at 6 am....That meant he was in Chibougamau around 10 ish

No breakfast either Tom?

Day 3:

Woke up to another clear & sunny day with a temp of +22*F. Saddled up & pulled out of Hotel Senabi at 8:00am. No restaurant at Hotel Senabi so last night was a delivered club sandwich and no breakfast today for the second morning in a row. Great way to lose a few pounds eh? Shot up to TQ93 & burned my favorite tank of gas in Quebec. TQ93 from Senneterre to La Sarre always rocks & today was no exception. How sweet it is (as Saguenay Bill or Jackie Gleason would say)! Continued onto local orange trail out to La Reine to set foot into Ontario & A105Q. When will they ever start grooming that trail on the Ontario side? Seems stupid not to want reciprocity between both provinces. FCMQ & OFSC need to communicate & cooperate. It will help both federations. Continued down south via several orange trails & took TQ93 south to Rouyn-Noranda & checked into Le Noranda as per Jeff & Sandy's recent recommendation. Just had a fantastic dinner at the restaurant here in the hotel. Beautiful hotel & very comfy rooms. Will definitely put this stop on my list for my next time in the area. Trails all B+ to A+ all day long!

285 miles