Where am I? 2016 fall edition.

iceman

Hmmmm......I remember that place from many moons ago and only cuz I visited, those kind've places make an impact on your snowmobile memories, not just because it's a sign across the street from the motel but a little more.

Saint Andy

Edited by Trailblazer

Mike & Bill, officially retired (semi) will be able to spend more time with you guys this winter. I recognize nearly all the photos but can't remember the names, old age I guess.

Edited by jak

Correct GT rider.  The pic of the house is the former relais for gas and food run by Andre? on trail 35 south west of RDL.

And I believe you are correct on the lighthouse.  It is the island in the St. Lawrence near RDL. Coldest ride ever riding across the ice to get to it.

mike

55 minutes ago, 182ray said:

I generally know where this is but it's not so much where this is but what happened here

VERY few know the what but maybe more know the where

I'll leave at that for now

IMG_1759.JPG

You robbed a bank? Damn don't post stuff like that. Better to keep it quiet. lol.

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

Correct GT rider.  The pic of the house is the former relais for gas and food run by Andre? on trail 35 south west of RDL.

And I believe you are correct on the lighthouse.  It is the island in the St. Lawrence near RDL. Coldest ride ever riding across the ice to get to it.

mike

That looks tricky Mike. My better half wont allow it.

Light%20House_zpsn28dyme5.jpg

8 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

That looks tricky Mike. My better half wont allow it.

Light%20House_zpsn28dyme5.jpg

GT Rider you are on it. 

I will say that riding on the river Ice is not my favorite thing. I never been to the lighthouse there in this map. But crossing to the Isle d'Orleans outside QC city with playhard and BillD was a real gut check for me anyway. There is something about seeing the water not so far away wide open and at the same time trying to find the path marked with little pieces of trees through the icefield that looks like another planet with all the heaves and pressure ridges. Not my favorite experience out on that ice. 

However once on the isle was another story. Well worth the exploration with the awesome loops less traveled we found out there. 

But Mrs. GT is a smart cookie. We know that.

34 minutes ago, iceman said:

GT Rider you are on it. 

I will say that riding on the river Ice is not my favorite thing. I never been to the lighthouse there in this map. But crossing to the Isle d'Orleans outside QC city with playhard and BillD was a real gut check for me anyway. There is something about seeing the water not so far away wide open and at the same time trying to find the path marked with little pieces of trees through the icefield that looks like another planet with all the heaves and pressure ridges. Not my favorite experience out on that ice. 

However once on the isle was another story. Well worth the exploration with the awesome loops less traveled we found out there. 

But Mrs. GT is a smart cookie. We know that.

Team Ice has some great adventures. We enjoyed reading about that one.

We mostly travel alone so I don't think it's in the cards for us.

Same with the island off RDL. Trees stuck in the ice to show what is supposed to be the safe route, a windy crooked path to the island across ice that did not look so great.

As I recall it was some distance getting there, wind was howling and brutally cold. Once on the island there is no signs, we had to look around quite a while to find various

points of interest. Also the island was wind blown and thus not enough snow. Interestingly, there was a nice groomer on the island, but no sign it had been used.

mike

16 hours ago, 182ray said:

I generally know where this is but it's not so much where this is but what happened here

VERY few know the what but maybe more know the where

I'll leave it at that for now

IMG_1759.JPG

This is definitely too obscure since the other Quebec Rider that is the subject of this post has posted a few times since I put this up & hasn't recognized it.

This other snowmobiler needed some cash but when he used the ATM, it confiscated his card!!! But he was in great company his "buddy" "loaned" him some cash that's when a Mainer found out what's it like to owe someone from Jersey who's name ends in a vowel...lol

This bank is along a converted rail line in the Mt. Laurier area

Edited by 182ray