Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

went down to the st fidele cb this afternoon.looks like they added extra room to put the firewoods.don t think it was there last winter.then went to ride somewhere else.close to 80 miles .forgot to check.

coldsmoke : pics of the sunset,right in the field a few hundred feet behind , from where we had met the second time.

groomer !!!

another 70 miles of riding with my 4 wheelers this afternoon.sorry if they looks alike,effect of the sun is a bit different on each pics........i think ??????

smclelan ,the road on the right ,it s about 2.5 miles up the ''stump '',on the way up to the lake.the fields on the left ,it s where the machine was parked ,first time we met ,outside town.

groomer !!! :drinks:

took a 100 miles + ride with my 4 wheelers today.saw 5 mooses.getting cold to ride !!

smclelan and longriderss ,right where the bulldozer was.camp is 1 mile in straight line on the right.the brook is right in front about 3/4 mile in straight line.lake is on the left.

won t start a thread for that.saw on the french forum ,that on mount groulx,north-east of the manic 5 reservoir on the north shore,there s 12/15'' of snow there.

groomer !!!

hi traiblazer !!

not sure if it was in 97 or 98 ,but i was there at the méchoui .my brother in law had leased the faribault camp with one of his friend from cross point .do you remember that guy who had fell in the brook with his sled ????ha !!ha !!

faribault area was a nice place to ride off the trail.last time i went there,must be in april 98.took a huge risk going there alone .started from the 28 miles on the truck logging road using ''back roads '' only to go there.then landed roughly 10 miles from mount logan.no traffic at all ,it was about time to turn around before being in troubles.

i wish i could go back with my 4 wheelers ,but can t even ride on the truck logging road crossing the duniere reserve.

groomer !!!

Sorry Groomer i don't remember the guy in the brook, i do remember the guy that was running it back then his name was Bertie, during our stay he found us someone that could lead us up to the summit of Mont Login. We reached the summit the next day by sled, the locals said they didn't have much snow that year and it was due to that that we were able to get to the summit, because the last part where you need to climb to the antenas it was quite steep, if there was alot of snow we wouldn't have been able to reach it. I got pics of a cloud floating by pretty cool.

Sorry Groomer i don't remember the guy in the brook, i do remember the guy that was running it back then his name was Bertie, during our stay he found us someone that could lead us up to the summit of Mont Login. We reached the summit the next day by sled, the locals said they didn't have much snow that year and it was due to that that we were able to get to the summit, because the last part where you need to climb to the antenas it was quite steep, if there was alot of snow we wouldn't have been able to reach it. I got pics of a cloud floating by pretty cool.

i ve been on top of mount logan at least 10-12 times.my only goal to go up there ,was to take pics of the sunset over the st lawrence river.went one time for sunrise,but sunsets are way better.

been there 2-3 times during the summer.winter are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.one year , in april, arrived at the faribault ,it was raining very,very lightly.but on our way up there ,wow !!! it was hell ,snowing like crazy .stayed there 5 mins .we were unable to see 25 ' in front of us.

last time i went there,april 28-00.awesome day !!!

second pic is a 35 mm one.

groomer !!!

i ve been on top of mount logan at least 10-12 times.my only goal to go up there ,was to take pics of the sunset over the st lawrence river.went one time for sunrise,but sunsets are way better.

been there 2-3 times during the summer.winter are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.one year , in april, arrived at the faribault ,it was raining very,very lightly.but on our way up there ,wow !!! it was hell ,snowing like crazy .stayed there 5 mins .we were unable to see 25 ' in front of us.

last time i went there,april 28-00.awesome day !!!

second pic is a 35 mm one.

groomer !!!

Wow, nice pics, brings back memories i bet. Back then my pics were in 35mm aswell, i'll try to dig a few up, scan them and post.

I love to visit the area with my four wheeler must be really nice in the fall over there. I have a chalet too, it's in the Laurentians and i try to go as often as i can in the fall riding my atv and for just being there, i love the smell of a wood burning stove and the heat it gives off, there's nothing like it, but it's no where as nice as having those mountain caps in the background. I guess the call of the wild is calling out for me that time of year. lol.

Off trail riding at Faribault, we did a bit of that with Bertie, he took us to a little town called St.Margerite through some abandoned forest roads, was alot of fun and alot of snow (for us, but for the locals they didn't have much snow that year, ya right the snow was up to my waist when jumping off the sled). We stopped at some little tiny bar, drank some big beers('cause they didn't have any small ones) and went back later that night only to have a few more big beers at Faribault. What is it with you guys and those big beers?

Had a great time wanna go back

JG

few more pics.frames i have at home.just took pics of them.colors are way nicer on the frames.

took those pics back in april 89 or 90.last ride of the season.last pic,can t remember exactly,mount mattawee,collins and maybe fortin.

about the beer,everything is big here.we don t know much have small format !!! :lol::lol: just joking !!

the problem now ,since a few years we can t ride with atvs or sleds on the duniere reserve.so ,it does nt interest me much to bring my truck almost all the way to the faribault.duniere reserve stop about 8 miles before arriving to the faribault.

groomer !!!

where its written ''clearcuts'' i was there in april 00,awesome hills to climb and play.

no roads-valley : awesome to climb,between 3/4 to a mile up :yahoo: ,between the trees.you can see that valley from the faribault yard.must use the bridge to go there.once on top of the hill,can see the truck logging road down to the 24 or 16 miles.awesome view :o

bridge/camp; first time ,we went by that area ,a bit on the right.scenery was awesome ,we arrived from the north-east side of mt logan.few extra miles.

on the east side of the ''bogan ''area, not too far from la cache ,there s a place named ''indian brook ''.nice area to ride.went there one time ,turned around at the gaspesie park ''border ''

groomer !!!

thank you mustang !!

not bad hey !!!...trailblazer !! :lol:

pic : this is the place i call ''the school bus ''.at the intersection of the local trail for albertville and tq 5 .last house outside town going toward ste marguerite.

on the pic im coming from albertville, my town is 2 miles on the left.

groomer !!!

smclelan and longriderss ,right where the bulldozer was.camp is 1 mile in straight line on the right.the brook is right in front about 3/4 mile in straight line.lake is on the left.

groomer !!!

I think we saw a cow and calf in that same cutover this fall. We were just coming up from the bottomof it.

Edited by smclelan

I think we saw a cow and calf in that same cutover this fall. We were just coming up from the bottomof it.

right ,the bottom of the hill is just a few hundred feet in front.

lots of rain here this afternoon.

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...

just back from my camp for the last time this year.left around 9 am this morning.

very happy !! from 8 to 12 '' of snow.last thursday or wednesday ,rained here.roads were messy a bit.many trees over or on the roads.specially alders .

sorry for the last pic,left in a hurry this morning ,forgot to shave !!!haaaaaaaaa!!! :lol::lol::lol::p

pic ,taken at lake causapscal,north of town.you can see the lake on the gaspesie map.

saw 4 sleds on my way back.

hi mustang !!

thanks !!don t worry !!ha !! ha !! ''old ladies '' in the gaspesie like that !!! :lol:

better not shave ,nobody won t recognize me in town, even at the clubhouse or on tq 5 !! :lol:

hi smclelan !!

ha !! ha !! i don t remember that ????????? :nea: !!right on both affirmation !!! :good:

went up by tlr and came back by lac frenette and causapscal.first pic on this post ,just before arriving to that little bridge not too far from the camp on the way back.

third one ,little brook not too far from lac frenette.

last 2 ,before arriving to lac causapscal.

friend of mine took that pic.mount nicol-albert just a bit off the middle on the left side.trail 595 .

groomer !!!

Hi groomer

Glad to see all the great pics order my annual pass yesterday from Dale in Chandler he said almost a foot of new snow can't wait

Hi groomer

Glad to see all the great pics order my annual pass yesterday from Dale in Chandler he said almost a foot of new snow can't wait

hi crazysnow !!

thanks!! read on the french forum last week that there was 12 '' at the ski center in gaspé and close to 2 '(not confirmed) somewhere around murdochville.

at least ,it s good start for now.i ll be at the clubhouse by 10 am.one of the operator wants to see me .

the pic on the last post ,guy took it roughly 48 miles east from town....''friend's pic''

groomer !!!

Wow, nice pics, brings back memories i bet. Back then my pics were in 35mm aswell, i'll try to dig a few up, scan them and post.

As promised i managed to dig a few up, not so sure about the quality. When it comes to those digital photos i am not as good as you Groomer. Here are a few scanned 35mm photos of our time at Faribault and Mt.Logan back in Mar of '98. If you can see, check out the bonfire pile. JG

hi trailblazer !!

thanks for sharing.great souvenirs !!!one time i ve been near that bowl ,could hear the wind making ''noise '' a few hundred feet below .just like there was thunder.

just lucky there s sticks on the way up that last steep hill when its windy(blowing snow ).very easy to get lost.

on my pics ,the first one,i was going up hill right in front of the second sled.liked that.making '' high marks ''.

second one ,6-7 miles up the bridge of the ''50 ''.i ve been there 1x at 5 -5 30 am.i like better at the end of the afternoon...to take pics.