Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

bienvenue rmk and crazysnow !!!

back from grooming tq 5 and 1 local trail at 2 30 am....

it has been fast ...looks like traffic is clockwise....eastbound was still nice !!!

15-20 mins into my run , met that group from boston 1 lady and 3 guys...

on their way to amqui...talked a few mins....they said conditions were great !!!

one of them knew me from qr .....

ps ; that sealed beam / light never came back to life....put a new one in ste marguerite and kaputt after half a mile !!!!

-25c here !!!

thx for stopping !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Hi JG, did you get the note I left with the bar man at your clubhouse ? Had a great first trip up there but does the wind ever stop blowing ?

Mark

hahha !!!

hi mark !!!

talking about wind ,awesome day for riding...-12c ,blue sky....but very-very windy !!!

i called earlier this morning waitress at clubhouse to tell her that i had groomed tq 5 last night.

she told me that someone had left a note for me...i guess it was you !!! big thx !!!

very sorry if we missed ,since last 2 weeks i had an epidemic of flat tires....many-many....so, i remember working on that last saturday !!

went to bed at 4 30 am .....so,mechanic came to gas station this morning and brought machine inside to let ice and snow melt for a check up tomorrow morning !!!

thx again !!!

Hi JG, did you get the note I left with the bar man at your clubhouse ? Had a great first trip up there but does the wind ever stop blowing ?

Mark

hi mark !!!

went to clubhouse late afternoon...needed oil for the motor of the groomer !!!

waitress gave me the stuff !!!

took a few pics on my way up !!!

very windy !!! must be some nice drifts somewhere on the trails !!!

big thx again !!!

jean-guy

Wow! Beautiful pics this week! I don't care too much about seeing footprints, but it looks like you're walking miles away from the machine to get the shots?! I'm getting tired just looking.

hi playhard !!!

thx !!!...well ....footprints...even if im an amateur photograh...its the difference between an amateur and pro !!!...ahahahahaha

ya...sometimes i can go up to 200' from machine.....but angle of camera can bring confusion with distance too !!

pics taken between trees....walked on a sled track...frozen enough..but just before arriving back on trail..i sank..had snow up to waist!! had to '' swim '' a bit to get out !!!

grey sky here,-20c right now.....

hi mcstar....

sorry ,i just realized that i had forgotten your post !!

no problem...hi to all !!!

pic...causapscal river..on my way up to lake!!

jean-guy

machine was at doctor office since last 2 days waiting for her annual appt this morning !!!

oil change...air filter...check up !!!

put new lights at the height of windshield ( middle )....added one on drag...near tractor and changed the one at the other end....

we kept the ''artificial respiratory machine '' ( yellow thing ) close by just in case air filter could have been very dirty...no one was interested to give mouth to mouth !!!

we ll have the 2 tires missing next week !!!

ready for tomorrow !!!

very light snow !!

dr jean-guy

Yellow artificial respiratory thing ha ha ha good one JG, takes great imagination to be a good writer.

Garage missing some machine tools for emergency repair work

hi jg !!!

not bad hey ???

all the tools were behind me....but don t worry ,we are use to work with not much in the gaspesie !!!

btw,....great visit today !!!

had supper with playhard + one of his friend !!they were coming from r d l ...

great laughs !!! great times !!!

thx for supper !!!

Pic of Causapscal river brings back childhood memories when dad brought me fishing. No salmon just brookie trout but was the best memory of all.

:friends: JG

hi jg !!!

dad has been a guide for salmon anglers for 30 years + on patapedia river.....

its south /s-w of albertville.....behind st francois...l ascension area.....nice little river !!if memory is good,that river connect with restigouche river on nb side..

the other pic of causapscal river,on my way up to lake...back in the old days..they were floating woods /pulp...there was always a jam there...back in the early 70's....

dad had a cabin back then at the lake !!

great day for riding....bit windy.....-12c

Thanks to Playhard for the delivery to Groomer.

attachicon.gifGroomer team Iceman.jpg

hi iceman !!!

big thx for posting !!!

it has been great to meet playhard and his friend..

not sure if i have the right word...great story teller..thats why we laughed a lot !!!

great day for them to ride !!!sunny with a few clouds !!!

like i told him,i ll put the stickers on machine as soon its warm enough to put them on the windshield !!!

thx again !!!

few pics taken before diner...

showing power line near by logging road....the tress down on power line..tq 5 is just on the right..stop sign at logging road...

p- 3 ....logging road is half a mile behind me..on top of first hill...looking toward ste marguerite...tq 5 is right behind trees.

on some pic you see a timberjack..in quebecois we say a ''jack''...logging road is just next...left to right..

last pic.....shortcut is just on the right...power line on the left going down for road 132 ...

time for a nap...i ll be on tq 5 tonight...still windy !!!

jean-guy

hi iceman !!!

big thx for posting !!!

it has been great to meet playhard and his friend..

not sure if i have the right word...great story teller..thats why we laughed a lot !!!

great day for them to ride !!!sunny with a few clouds !!!

like i told him,i ll put the stickers on machine as soon its warm enough to put them on the windshield !!!

thx again !!!

My pleasure my friend, sorry i could not be with them. Yes Mr. Playhard (David) is a super guy. He's got BillD along with him this week 2 of the best to hit the trails with.

If things stay great I may get over to see you in person in a few weeks.

Don

Edited by iceman

Great place to fish!! I hope to come back for fishing!

Keep up the great work on the pictures!

hi iceman and linda !!!

groomed tq 5 last night!!!...-30c !!!trail must be very '' stiff '' this morning !!!

woke up an hr ago,-22c in the shade....now -16c...big clouds are showing up with a mix of sunshine !!

caught with a moose again mid way between ste marguerite and st fidele cb for half a mile..tracks of 2 more on my way back....

took tons of pics !!!

no problems iceman..if not too busy or sleeping !!!....or on the couch like smclelan said a few times !!!

fyi linda....

matapedia come from the indian word...matamajaw....means big salmon.

patapedia>>>>>>>>>>patapajaw........small salmon ....dad spent 30 years on that river...not true ..there s big ones too !!!

Hi JG

I wanted to mention that I hope to be in your area on March 15th.

Our plans keep changing and this is why I didn't get you our permit information?

WE hope to get passes in Pt. La Croix. WE are now 16 sleds.

We leave Pt. La Croix March 13th.

Thank you for the offer to get our permits.

It has been crazy putting this trip together with so many people!

None of these people have ever been to Quebec. All english too.

My (very) limited french will be tested.

Look out for an all black Ski-Doo looking hard at the groomers looking for you!

Thanks again JG!

Cheers

Hi JG

I wanted to mention that I hope to be in your area on March 15th.

Our plans keep changing and this is why I didn't get you our permit information?

WE hope to get passes in Pt. La Croix. WE are now 16 sleds.

We leave Pt. La Croix March 13th.

Thank you for the offer to get our permits.

It has been crazy putting this trip together with so many people!

None of these people have ever been to Quebec. All english too.

My (very) limited french will be tested.

Look out for an all black Ski-Doo looking hard at the groomers looking for you!

Thanks again JG!

Cheers

hi whaler !!!

no problems ,i understand that !!!big group for sure !!!

well, the best way to find me,will be stopping at clubhouse i guess....president don t want us to groom during daylight.....

but yesterday i cheated a bit..it was cold and very-very low traffic...many narrow places on trail crossing town....going up to lake better.

pic..on my way up to lake yesterday...

jean-guy

first of all., hope my post is nt kaputt....few bad luck happened while posting !!!

went grooming lake-st alexandre and lac saumon last night !!!

-27 c at mid night !!!a bit windy on my way back ...but very calm now !!!

blue sky day..-15c in the shade !!!

iceman..........pic 3 is where i put sticker on....about 3 miles from gas station .....waited for windshield to be '' warm '' enough .....put all the ''drafts '' toward windshield...waited a bit ...then put sticker on !!!..half a mile before arriving to farm !!!

jean-guy

iceman..........pic 3 is where i put sticker on....about 3 miles from gas station .....waited for windshield to be '' warm '' enough .....put all the ''drafts '' toward windshield...waited a bit ...then put sticker on !!!..half a mile before arriving to farm !!!

Looking good jean-guy.

Welcome to the Team.

pics from last night on tq 5 !!!

-25c at 2 30 am when i came back...and -4c at 10 am when i woke up !!!

cloudy a bit ...-7c about an hr ago !!!

met the groomer operator from cross point side for the second time in 14 years of grooming !!!

saw 2 moose...mom + calf !!

jean-guy