Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi all !!!

few pics from today....doing my firewood at the camp !!!

very strong winds !!! snowed on my way up and a bit on my way back !!! brook is very high !!!

wednesday i think , about 4 miles from camp...could see mt albert ....all white..very nice !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Giddie up G man it is happening...

hi phil !!!

hope to have snow early !!!

2-3 more trips at the camp and i ll be done with firewood and it ll be the end for this year at the camp !!! ill bring back 4w at home and

hope to ride a few hundred miles before it s too cold !!!

expecting to go to st fidele cb next week !!!

with all that rain ...road was muddy ...

jean-guy

not about snow ...but there s maybe a few hunters here ...

remember that moose i posted from park matane ????

More than four years after the death of the mythical moose nicknamed "the monster of Matane," we always hard panache while the proceedings are increasing to identify the true owner of the trophy.
In September 2011, the hunter Jérémy Boileau, with the help of the guide Sépaq, Claude Lavoie, was fatally hit "the monster", a moose featured the famous reserve of Matane for his unusual plume 60 points. Now, unable to recover the dead animal in the forest, the hunter had abandoned research to finally kill another beast tomorrow.
Two days later, the guide who had pursued research had, however, found the carcass of the monster and recovered the trophy could be sold up to $ 300,000 at auction, according to an expert (see other article). A survey of the wildlife protection officers had, however, led to charges against the fence for failing to declare a wildlife officer
So for four years, prosecutions and requests accumulate in this folder. In March 2012, the hunter had first filed a civil complaint of $ 96,000 for damages against the fence including allegations that he had tried to sell "illegally" panache. The latter responded by filing a lawsuit for $ 275,000 for damage to reputation against the hunter. "The judgment and witness the wildlife officers contradict the version of the hunter," argued the lawyer Eric Tremblay guide.
To preserve its "reputation", Claude Lavoie guide has also launched a long criminal trial in which the judge finally acquitted. The evidence also reveals that the hunter had abandoned the search for the "monster." "He [the hunter] added that they came to hunt in the reserve, not to do research," said the judge in his decision.
The interpretation of the judge, however, is challenged on appeal by the DCPP. "We consider that the judge erred in law in its interpretation of Article 68," argued the prosecutor Jean-Gabriel The squire.
In addition to the civil suit Jérémy Boileau, Sépaq, manager of the reserve of Matane, claims the object, the DCPP has made an application for forfeiture of the seized property and Jérémy Boileau want the object to be seized pending the outcome his civil action.
A decision is expected by the parties in this case. The saga surrounding the hunting story is heard in three different courts.
A taxidermist who was consulted in an attempt to assess the value of the plume of the "monster of Matane" believes that "trophy" worth several thousand dollars. "It is worth the money. In the US market, you can get a $ 250,000 to $ 300,000, "says Georges Landry.
He gives the example of a Canadian, Miilo Hansen, who shot a deer with perfect panache in 1994. "It was a record. He did make identical reproductions of the plume and it sells. He is a millionaire with it today, "he illustrates.
Evaluator for Boone & Crooket a universal scoring system that evaluates a plume, Mr. Landry explained that atypical plumes in Moose are rare at this point that there is no scoring system for this kind of trophy. "It's so rare that there are no standards to measure a plume like that."
Application initiating proceedings Jérémy Boileau: He claims $ 96,000 Sépaq Claude Lavoie and his illegal appropriation Guide plume
Request for reputational Claude Lavoie Jérémy Boileau accused of having sullied his reputation by continuing to $ 275,000
Criminal trial of Claude Lavoie guide: five days of trial, many witnesses. Claude Lavoie is acquitted.
Call: the Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions bears the case on appeal to the Superior Court. Hearing scheduled for spring
Request for confiscation: Although Claude Lavoie was acquitted, the DCPP request the forfeiture of offense-related property, or panache.
Request for claim of property seized: Sépaq claims the plume as it was hunted on its territory and regained its employees.
Request claim the seized property Jérémy Boileau request that the plume is given to a third person during the proceedings.
Article 68 of the law of protection of fauna:
n the case of an animal found or an animal killed or captured accidentally, a person must, without delay [...] if it is wounded or dead, declare it to a wildlife protection officer and, if the latter requires, deliver it to confiscation ".
Abandoning the research of Matane monster and killing another animal the next day the hunter Boileau may be shot in the foot:
"In this hunting expedition, your client [Jérémy Boileau] is entitled only to a moose. He can not shoot two moose. He is entitled to, but he kept the other. How can you claim that has rights to the first [the monster]? "
- Judge John Paul Coste on petitions claim good.
Application initiating proceedings Jérémy Boileau:
- It is clear that the guide [...] knowingly mislead [the hunter] to help find his moose with the aim of appropriating himself "
"This plume was the subject of an attempted sale for a sum of $ 100,000"
Although he did not explicitly "told [the monster] to a wildlife protection officer" and that, "without delay" as required by Article 68, the Claude Lavoie guide considers that his "it my bosses told me to do. " He had entered by an "x" on a map the location where the animal had been shot and where he had found "
"Claude said it to me. He said in the papers. The director of the Reserve knew. You could not say that we had not said that animal, "a guide colleague who was brought to the defense of Claude Lavoie.
"I thought, this is the best promotion tool for Sépaq," said the guide court claiming that he never tried to sell the plume.
Defamation of Claude Lavoie:
"Besides being totally incorrect, libelous allegations were irrelevant to the case and were made maliciously."
jean-guy

Looks like it is time to start checking lights and cleaning windows on the groomer!

hi smclelan !!!

hahhahha...not my department...im the operator...not the mechanic !!!...hahhaha

should be done by mechanic by now !!!

let see if you and others are good in geography ????...ahahhaha

where s the pic taken ???

jean-guy :drinks:

Could that be the bridge between the golf course and the Ranger station heading toward 8 Mile Lake?

Doesn't look like the the picture was taken this past summer. LOL

no....st fidele bridge back in the 70's !!!..hhahha

its blurred a bit between the 2 ears...but when i was young ..i was going there with my oldest brother...dirt bike riding...for fishing

i think the bridge was there...notsure 100 %.....then before end of 70's ...bridge was kaputt and to go to st fidele clubhouse or l alverne by sled...had to go directly on river right behind warming hut !!!

jean-guy

No wonder I didn't get it, the picture was taken behind the warming hut!

Maybe you should be grooming with one of those Bombadiers, you could charge for ride tickets and sell drinks along the way. Aaaaa maybe not, the trails would never get done, you would be doing moose tours in the Zec haha

No wonder I didn't get it, the picture was taken behind the warming hut!

Maybe you should be grooming with one of those Bombadiers, you could charge for ride tickets and sell drinks along the way. Aaaaa maybe not, the trails would never get done, you would be doing moose tours in the Zec haha

i could spend winter on '' rouge '' while grooming with friends !!!

back in the 70's ...the club in town had a bombardier...then switched to twin tracks...sled...then a bombi ...

took a ride with a bombardier going up to lake...lots of fun !!!

jean-guy

Yes touring around in a Bombardier would definitely be an alcohol related event!

Awesome old logging pics.

they were wise back then for the little equipment they had...

pic with cable bridge....3 miles lower than routhierville..milnikek river ...where there s a bridge for railroad...

pic taken from road 132...they were building railroad i think....look on the left ...looks like steam coming from trains

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh1.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh2.jpg

bonjour linda !!!

thx for sharing pics...!!! great to see you all 3 in great shape !!!

saw your post this morning ...but had no pics since i came back from camp !!!

i made a '' special du chef '''....went down to routhierville this afternoon to take a few !!!

that kid must keep you busy ....if problems...let me know...i come from a big family ...so, i could give you a few tricks...

no diapers please !!!! hhahahaha.... :tease:

always great to see winter friends coming back artsled !!!

jean-guy

Good Morning Jean-guy!!

I will keep you in mind should I need help with the little people in my life...if they get out of hand I will be sure to send them to "Camp" for some training! Not of the diaper kind of course!

Your pictures are spectacular as per usual, and your stories keep us all smiling!

Glad to see there is wood in the camp for the winter! I will bring the spaghetti sauce and vin rouge!

Linda xox (that's one for each cheek and a hug!)

Merci Beaucoup, Mon Ami!! Picked this up at the post office today!!

Let the snow begin!!

attachicon.gifIMG_20151102_163020.JPG

Always glad to support your club, the trails are always excellent.

hi smclelan !!!

woowww !!! fast !!!

great thx again for doing business with our club again !!!

jean-guy

I just finished looking through the Gaspesie Snowmobile Trail Booklet sent with the permit. BRAVO to Gaspesie Tourism!!

This is a great, informative, comprehensive guide!! The booklet covers everything by region with good pictures and completely bilingual. For people that haven't snowmobiled much in the Gaspesie there is a section that shows 11 different loops that can be made in the region, the time it takes to do them and the total kilometers. What a useful little book. Best little book for snowmobilers I have seen in all of PQ.

Thanks to you and Herriette for getting me the permit so quick.

I just finished looking through the Gaspesie Snowmobile Trail Booklet sent with the permit. BRAVO to Gaspesie Tourism!!

This is a great, informative, comprehensive guide!! The booklet covers everything by region with good pictures and completely bilingual. For people that haven't snowmobiled much in the Gaspesie there is a section that shows 11 different loops that can be made in the region, the time it takes to do them and the total kilometers. What a useful little book. Best little book for snowmobilers I have seen in all of PQ.

Thanks to you and Herriette for getting me the permit so quick.

that little booklet can be very helpful !!

btw ,called secretary this morning and gaspesie maps were nt in yet !!!

jean-guy

When I was at the show in Toronto the Gaspe booth said the map is not coming as we know it. They developed the booklet that Steve mentioned with the trails, routes etc. I like Steve think its a great publication with a lot if info. Frankly I don't think many of us on the site need a map to get around the Gaspe.

Mike

When I was at the show in Toronto the Gaspe booth said the map is not coming as we know it. They developed the booklet that Steve mentioned with the trails, routes etc. I like Steve think its a great publication with a lot if info. Frankly I don't think many of us on the site need a map to get around the Gaspe.

Mike

For people coming to the Gaspesie to sled that are not 100% familiar with the area it will be very useful. For example if a group were to be up there and a storm come in and a day is lost, it will be great for route options to see the area in the time the group has left.

I can see it laid out on a bar table with 4 guys pointing at different loops saying lets do this one!! LOL