Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi bob !!

im not sure ,maybe i should ask smclelan ,i think it s between 21 and 23 ,000 ft !!! ha !! ha !!! we had to hurry up ,beers was freezing on the way up !! ha !! ha !!

seriously ,it s 830 meters .at the beginning the wooden part is going up hill ,95 % of the time i guess ,then once over the trees line ,part of it was off-camber for a while ,then flat ,but going up hill.

because we were nt too much in shape ,we took 3 hrs if i remember well to go up there ,average is 2 hrs.

in the wooden part there was a few steep hills ,but not for long.

winter time i don t do much ,i m always seated in the groomer ,at the computer ,in my truck or on the couch.it has been a little rough at the beginning in the wooden part ,but after a while it was nt too bad.not too rough for the legs even if i was nt in great shape .

there s nice mountains in the gaspesie park with nice view or scenery.

groomer !!!

LOL 3hr hike........I think you mean 3 / 12 pack hike. hahaha

Thanks

hi rfm !!

you re close .not 3 ,it was 4 !! ha !! ha !! seriously brought 1 or 2 each,if i remember well.

went grooming tq 5 + a local trail today.began at 5 am ,around -20 c .great day for riding ,trail was hard packed.very low traffic.14 hrs run .

great day to take pics too !!

groomer !!!

hi rfm !!

you re close .not 3 ,it was 4 !! ha !! ha !! seriously brought 1 or 2 each,if i remember well.

went grooming tq 5 + a local trail today.began at 5 am ,around -20 c .great day for riding ,trail was hard packed.very low traffic.14 hrs run .

great day to take pics too !!

groomer !!!

:drinks:

went grooming tq 5 today ,trail was very hard packed .sunny day and great riding.

traffic was low.

groomer !!!

Nice picture of the deer framed between the trees. I like the way the zoom works on your camera.

Edited by smclelan

thanks smclelan !!

if you remember where is the first cable bridge in town ,going west ,(where you can see the church closely ) .i took the pic about 400 ' east of the c b going east.deers in that sector ,looks like they re not afraid of the machine.he was maximum 25 ' from the machine .

took time to open the door and stood on the track.you only see one one ,but there was 3 together.when i go up that hill east of the c b ,i can see them between the trees often.

zoom work very well ,but the difference in the colors are maybe from the mode i use.colors are more ''filtered ''.

groomer !!!

hey you guys from new jersey !! here s the pics !!

on my way back from the st fidele c b this morning ,met those two funny guys from new jersey.they slowed down ,so i thought maybe they know me .so i stopped and they came by the machine .

they recognized the machine and asked if i was groomer ???

they come here on qr ,but they re nt registred .

came back home at 4 pm .snowing heavily right now .

thanks for stopping guys !!

groomer !!! :drinks:

HEY GROOMER!!!!

We are finally back from Gaspe. What an amazing trip. The best backpacking trip I've ever been on!! So funny seeing you because we read your posts all the time and we were hoping to see you on the trail and sure enough, we did. Thanks for all your hard work and for making the trails perfect!!! Sledneck.....out!

sledneck ...........ladies first !!! ha !! ha !!

hi mustang !!

thanks !! great light yesterday around 6 00 pm to take pics .don t look too much at the ribbon ,between the 2 fields ,always windy there and it s hard to make a nice ribbon,very icy .snow was really hard packed........but after a few sleds ,you won t even notice.

hi sledneck !!!

very glad that you have registred !!! it has been a pleasure to meet you and your friend.i like geography and meeting sledders from different states or provinces ,always interesting .

happy for you if trail was nice !! started grooming tq 5 at 5 am this morning ,but turned around about 3 miles outside town.trail was still very nice and hard packed .probably too much.no whoops ,no grooves in the curves ,very nice !!!

on the way back in town ,i noticed an oil leak ,so will try to fix it this morning .

thanks to you and your friend for stopping and talk for a few minutes .if weather permit ,i should groom for the next 2 weeks .so a few more pics coming !!

awesome day again here to ride !!!

thanks for the comments and say hi to your friend !!!

hi gt rider !!

thanks !! since the tq 5 has been modified ,my run on tq 5 begin about 2 miles outside town.roughly 8-10 miles east of the clubhouse in albertville.

so , it give me between 20- 23 miles to go to the st fidele c b .cross point is about 60 miles from the clubhouse .i live in causapscal and it s 50 miles from cross point .

just back from the clubhouse ,went to meet smclelan .he came from cross point alone ,while waiting for 2 members coming from the usa later tonight in cross point .they ll spend a few days in the gaspesie .

i ll meet them again monday or tuesday .

hi to your wife ,btw !!

groomer !!!

gt rider !!

i forgot ,it can take from 9 to 14 hrs grooming tq 5.depending of the conditions ,drifts ,whoops ,cleaning canals + little extras , including lunch, few coffe breaks + talking to members on tq 5 !!!

most of the time ,average is about 12 hrs .

groomer !!!

gt rider !!

i forgot ,it can take from 9 to 14 hrs grooming tq 5.depending of the conditions ,drifts ,whoops ,cleaning canals + little extras , including lunch, few coffe breaks + talking to members on tq 5 !!!

most of the time ,average is about 12 hrs .

groomer !!!

Thank you Groomer for the fantastic job you do. White carpet trails and national geographic photos at the same time. :good::drinks:

Groomer,

We are in Matane at the moment,Does your brother own the skidoo dealer in Amqui? If so thank him for having a short block in stock for my Mach Z, blew the motor on Thur on the 597 about 10 miles from Chandler. They sent it up on a bus, was done by 6pm the next day! Thank god for warranty, on are way back to RDL. The trails have been mint the whole way, especially your part of TQ5. :drinks:

hi jackstraw !!!

good for you !! won t forget to tell him .nice weather to ride hey !!

smclelan was all smile when he arrived in albertville last friday .tq5 was great .

saw your little note in the guests book , thanks !!!

sky is grey here with very light snow .

thanks gt rider !!

one of my brother has a subscription with national geographic , i used to look time time at the pics in that magazine .great pics and photographers .i wish i could have their equipment !!!

went to meet scorpionbowl ,longriderss and smclelan at the end of the afternoon.

looking at their pics ,weather was nice since they started their trip last saturday.

thanks for stopping guys !!

groomer !!!

went to my camp this morning to do a bit of fire woods .came back early at the camp .waited for the sun to be lower and went in the swamps to take a few pics !!

great day to ride off the trail.i did about 60 miles !!! thats hardcore !!! :D

ps :last pic looks like a golf ball !!! :D

groomer !!!

went to my camp this morning to do a bit of fire woods .came back early at the camp .waited for the sun to be lower and went in the swamps to take a few pics !!

great day to ride off the trail.i did about 60 miles !!! thats hardcore !!! :D

ps :last pic looks like a golf ball !!! :D

groomer !!!

Hey groomer,

what are those tracks of ??... no not the curvy one going the tower, ha ha. were they Bobcat?

hi rfm and smclelan !!

i m not a trapper ,but looks like it !! 2 miles right in front of that pic ,there was coytes tracks .must be lucky to see a bobcat .i ride a lot in the woods and seldom you see them.

those curvy tracks ,i did it on purpose to give more ''caracter '' to the pic !! :tease::p

better take a close look at the last pic ,i won t post that pic twice!!! this could be the shadow of a gaspesian sasquash(sp???). :tease::tease::tease: :D :D . he was very close !!!jumped on the sled and went back to the camp....to drink a few glasses of wine !! ha !! ha !!!

btw ,i should take my last run on tq 5 this week .according to the weather ,maybe tuesday morning.

woke up at 3 am and began grooming at 5 am.my last run on tq 5 .6-8 '' of fresh snow .on the way back ,west of ste marguerite snow was sticky a bit.no traffic at all .only 2 deers outside town.

according to the long range forecast ,looks like will have many rainy days in the days to come .maybe groom one more local trail tomorrow if temps permit .

must be around 700 hrs of grooming this season .will check later.

took only a few pics ,sky was too grey .

groomer !!!

THE END !!

brought back the machine to albertville this morning .still enough snow to ride .a little bit of dirt on the inside of a few curves .

i would like to thanks those who supported our club by buying trail passes and those who took time to stop at the clubhouse.

when the br broke down in february ,it has been a very busy month for me .more grooming hrs than sleeping hrs !! ha !! ha !!

i did nt ask ,but i m sure both waitresses would like to say thanks and hello !!!

thanks to that member who made a very quick ''pit stop '' at the clubhouse to say hello .found that one really funny .his friends were very anxious to ride .

i know i missed a few members ,because of translation problems from part or i can t be everywhere at the same time .just too bad.

thank you all again !!

have a nice and safe summer !!!