Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Groomer, those last years pics will have to do until mother nature takes care of us. Glad to hear about the snow in the interior.

We had a chance to do some woods road riding in western maine this last weekend, seemed good to get out on the sled and put a few miles on.

Stay tuned

RR

hi roadrunner !!

ya ,looks like we have no choice to wait a little bit more. could ride a little bit outside town ,but slowly . i did nt have the chance to take a ride on the truck logging road yet .i wanted to go on the duniere reserve to see a few mooses ,but too busy to do fire wood at the camp for next year .anyways ,snow right now is too ''crunchy '' ...like corn flakes to take a ride and see mooses .make too much noise .

a guy i know , work for the reserve ,last week in a few hrs i guess ,saw 82 and 22 in the same clearcut !!! ha !! ha !!

pics : dec 4- 07 on the way down to the st fidele c b to install the signage .all pics ,east of ste marguerite .

groomer !!!

Longriderss

The first two pics are coming up the hill from the Wardens camp just as you entered the Zec. Remember we crossed the bridge and the camp was right there where you had to sign in?

Hi Steven,

I recognized the area as soon as he said where it was.

Longriderss

hi roadrunner !!

ya ,looks like we have no choice to wait a little bit more. could ride a little bit outside town ,but slowly . i did nt have the chance to take a ride on the truck logging road yet .i wanted to go on the duniere reserve to see a few mooses ,but too busy to do fire wood at the camp for next year .anyways ,snow right now is too ''crunchy '' ...like corn flakes to take a ride and see mooses .make too much noise .

a guy i know , work for the reserve ,last week in a few hrs i guess ,saw 82 and 22 in the same clearcut !!! ha !! ha !!

pics : dec 4- 07 on the way down to the st fidele c b to install the signage .all pics ,east of ste marguerite .

groomer !!!

Groomer,

The deer around here are starting to yard up. I had 7 in the back yard last night. Winter is finally starting to show up.

Longriderss

hi longriderss !!

samething here .they are closer to town and homes right now .some peoples feed them during the winter.for about 4 miles in town , they use tq 5 as their '' main street ''.population of deers is very very low compared to mooses.few years back they closed hunting for 5 years in a row .

wish i could have deers like you next to the house .

on my way back from the camp yesterday , saw 2 mooses ,way too far and missed a few pics of a lynx .he was sitting on the road ,but he just surprised me .

groomer !!!

hi zeusand !!

glad to hear from you .i posted those pics before ,maybe on another forum.in '' quebecois '' we say albinose , but the right word is piebald , learned that last year i think.

took that pic from the road , but they were on tq 5 , 1 mile before arriving to the first cable bridge in town going west , on top of that loooooooong hill before arriving to the cable bridge .where you cross the road almost on top of a hill .

some guys in town saw that deer often ,but personally ,it was my first time .

pic : mooses on duniere reserve a few years back.

groomer !!!

hi coldsmoke !!

looks like it but that second pic on this page is from a local trail north-east side of town.the closest one is the one with my truck.

it s on the truck logging road, tq 5 cross the road (t l r ) roughly 1 miles behind my truck and i met you close to 3 miles (west )from the crossing .town is 1 mile on the right of my truck.. i think you stopped at a gas station in town that day and that gas station is 1 mile on the right side of my truck.

looks like the storm is dead right now ,no more snow .

pic: drifts area ,halfway between ste marguerite and the st fidele cable bridge ,going east toward cross point .

groomer !!!

ha !! ha !! don t need that !!! like we say here in pq ,driver make the difference !! :D .seriously , im waiting for the phone call to groom with that blue beast !!

roughly 12 ''of fresh snow.

just heard on the news , trois-rivieres area 91 cm !!! :wacko: lucky !!!

remember those places on the pics ???

groomer !!!

pics from yesterday on tq 5.woke up at 3 am this morning to do the rest of tq 5 but it was still too warm + 3 c , -4 c by 7 am and now -7 c + windy .

i ll do the rest late tonight .like the colors on the 5 th pic with the fog .

groomer !!!

hi blackcat !!

thanks !! did nt not take much pics ,it was too slow so i did nt want to waste too much time to take pics .should have a lot more tomorrow .sure !! enjoy your trail passes and have a nice week end .

should have a bit of snow tomorrow ,so trails won t be too much icy .at least a bit colder ,- 8c now.

groomer !!!

hi mustang !!

you owe me a bottle of red wine for that !!! ha !! ha !!ha !!! no problems at all.ya looks like mine .the lights on your groomer looks a lot stronger than mine .2 weeks ago ,i went with a friend to fix a local trail with an excavator ,he had xenon lights on it.wooow !!!! very strong lights ,it was like daylight even if it was darkness.not too tough for the eyes .

began grooming at 5 am today and came back at 4 30 pm.nice run.very slow going up hill .there s one about one mile long ,took 22 mins to go up there .snow is bs and there no traction at all.

groomer !!!

hi mustang !!

just back from albertville , another 15 hrs day .put the signage up on tq 5 ,groomed a local trail , then brought the machine back to albertville .

if you groom just start slowy ,2 and 3 th gears first ,then 4-5-6 gears and get used with the drag.i ll always remember the first i used 5 th gear .it ' s like i was going 80 mph on the trail !!! ha !! ha !! geez it was fast at that time !!!

you ll have to make a choice ,grooming or ............

saw a deer today ,did nt expect that !!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi gt rider !!

bienvenue !! i took a quick look when i went there earlier this week and i should be able to turn around right beside the anchor cables ,there s enough room now ,but i rather use the ''old place '' to turn around(pic) .

what happen when it s narrow like that ,with the tracks of the groomer ,i destroy both side of the trail when i steer the machine and sometimes it can make a big mess.so i rather keep the '' old way ''.

when i arrive at the c b ,i m on the far right ,i back up on the left side and avoid to touch the groomed side ,turn around on the left side of the machine (pic ) then backward again on the '' ungroomed '' side , toward the cb .then forward for 50-75 -100 '' to groom the ''parking ''.i do that 6-7 times ,backward and forward .thats the way i do the parking .

for sure the cables are in the way but i ll have to get used to it.one thing i ll have be careful with ,going backward right at the entrance of the c b.sometimes there s snow right behind the packer and you don t see that snow or forget about it .don t want to make a little snow bank every times i go backward right in front of the entrance.some will be mad at me !!! ha !! ha !!

this week was the first time there ,but i still have enough time to find a trick and do it right .hope so .

sunny here ,-14 c and wiiiiiiiindy !!!

groomer !!!

went to albertville this morning to bring the machine home and groom a local trail.very cold .looks like my thermometer is kapuut at home ,but last night the v p told me it was - 28 c around 9 pm.

the fog you see on the pics is right over the matapedia river.like andyman said once before ,there was no mosquitos this morning. :D

groomer !!!

hi andy !!

took a ride in town earlier this morning .for sure trails will be icy .we got rain and freezing rain late last night .for the quantity of snow ,we have nt lost at all .took the pics around 8 30 am, but around 9 am started raining ,very ,very lightly .right now not much damages.

just looked at the trees beside the house,can see a few water dropplets (sp? ) falling down the branches .right now it s +2c and the sky still grey .

i ll post back again tonight or tomorrow morning , it ll give me a better idea .can t go outside town ,up the hills ,roads are too icy .

groomer !!!