Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

great visit and surprise this morning on tq 5 !!! halfway between the st fidele cable bridge and ste marguerite on my way back a guy stopped .went to talk with him and i had met that guy at andyman ' s bbq .he said i m waiting for andyman.took about a minute for andyman to arrive.talked for a few minutes .they were on their way to cross point for breakfast i guess.

thanks for stopping and sorry can t remember the name of your friend .

groomer !!!

this pm at the clubhouse , i met jackstraw with 2 of his friends.talked for 45 mins i guess .then they returned to matane ,waiting for some friends .they ll be on 595 tomorrow .

thanks guys for the visit ,it has been a pleasure to meet you .hope you ll enjoy your gaspesie trip !!!

thanks again for the souvenir !!!

groomer + isabelle !!!! ha !! ha !!!

Pretty sure I met Jackstraw at the Lac Edouard clubhouse waiting for my tow truck...............If so........real nice guy.

great visit and surprise this morning on tq 5 !!! halfway between the st fidele cable bridge and ste marguerite on my way back a guy stopped .went to talk with him and i had met that guy at andyman ' s bbq .he said i m waiting for andyman.took about a minute for andyman to arrive.talked for a few minutes .they were on their way to cross point for breakfast i guess.

groomer !!!

I was talking to Andyman tonight. That was the "infamous mubs" traveling with Andy. They were sitting in Miramachi for the night drinking woobely pops.

thanks for the info !!!

woobely pops !!!! humm !! humm !! looks like a '' tricky '' word ??????......for me .

andy ,took the pic of the deer during my last hr of grooming .arrived home at 11hrs am this morning ,took a napt and started back at 5 pm .

it has been a pleasure to met you both again !!!

groomer !!!

Pretty sure I met Jackstraw at the Lac Edouard clubhouse waiting for my tow truck...............If so........real nice guy.

hi s pump !!!

sorry i have nt seen your post .sure he is !!! can t remember exactly ,but spent about 1 hr a few weeks back at the clubhouse talking with him + 2 friends .he s in the gaspesie right now .might meet him again this week ,but not sure yet .

groomer !!!

took the pic of the deer during my last hr of grooming .arrived home at 11hrs am this morning ,took a napt and started back at 5 pm .

groomer !!!

I got a picture of a deer on Sunday. Maybe they are related?

IMG_1728.jpg

groomer !!!

Great to see you again Groomer!!! Super trails as usual. Got home at noon today safe and sound 1532 km for 3.5 day ride. Super riding for this time of year.

Andy

hi again andy !!!

what a surprise when mubs told me you were coming !!! ha !! ha !! happy for you if my part of tq 5 was nice .fyi ,i don t think i m wrong with that ,you both are the earliest sledders i ever met early like that in 8 years of grooming.

big change in the weather and temps.was - 22 c at 6 30 am this morning and by noon 0 c .sky is grey ,looks like we re are going to have a few fleurries again !!! ha !! ha !!

thanks !!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

Your going to have a few flurries alright!!! 35cm of snow tomorrow. :wacko: It must be getting to be tough for the highway plows to get the snow off the roads. It must also be very tricky for the groomers being careful not to get off the hard groomed surface. You had better get some sleep, you have a couple of long days ahead of you. :drinks:

Groomer

That last pic is great....it really shows off your work...this year we have a lot of snow and some of our operators are new..hubby and i met one on a green rd last week the groomer was so stuck i thought the guy was gonna cry..Hubby got in the tractor and got it out took a while but when an operator is experienced it shows. And i must say judging by your pictures you are very good.

Mustang00

Your going to have a few flurries alright!!! 35cm of snow tomorrow. :wacko: It must be getting to be tough for the highway plows to get the snow off the roads. It must also be very tricky for the groomers being careful not to get off the hard groomed surface. You had better get some sleep, you have a couple of long days ahead of you. :drinks:

ha !! ha !! i said it on '' purpose '' !!! about getting off the trail ,i try to have a '' point of reference '' on the side of the trail .branches ,trees .when you are use to it ,i can see the '' line '' on the side of the trail .in windy places ,when i can t see where is the '' line '' i try to '' feel '' where is the hard packed snow with the tracks .

i keep my right hand on the '' handle '' for the drag just in case if i fall off the trail .if it happens , i do it the fastest possible ,lift the drag for a second then back down on the trail because it ll make a bump .machine lean on one side ,so if you can imagine that .the snow i m pulling in the drag is going to make that '' bump '' because the drag will lean for a fraction of a second too !!!

lift the drag for a fraction of a second ,because i don t want to pull snow from the ''ditch '' and get stuck and hurry up to put it back down on the trail because i don t want to make a ''bump '' ..... experience !!

not too bad for the hrs of sleep.im use to that.i m not the person to sleep 10-12 hrs in a row .when i groom i must stop too long .it s when you stop that you fall asleep .must keep going !!!

groomer !!!

Groomer

That last pic is great....it really shows off your work...this year we have a lot of snow and some of our operators are new..hubby and i met one on a green rd last week the groomer was so stuck i thought the guy was gonna cry..Hubby got in the tractor and got it out took a while but when an operator is experienced it shows. And i must say judging by your pictures you are very good.

Mustang00

hi mustang !!

thanks !!! hey !! im paid to do that !!! ha !! ha !!

nothing beat experience ,you save a lot of &?%$*&?% !!! if it s too easy to groom ,you won t get experience .when you are interested in grooming , there s a lot of '' tricks '' to be learned .it takes time but it worth it .when you are alone at night and there s drifts in front of you ,this is where experience count .use your judgement and think ahead !! it s not time to get stuck in a windy place at - 20 c !!! ha !! ha !!

groomer !!!

awesome storm here !!! :shok::yahoo: since yesterday ,for sure 14-15'' of fresh snow !!! still snowing and windy !!

if weather permit might begin to groom tq 5 a bit tonight and do the rest tomorrow morning .

groomer !!!

awesome storm here !!! :shok::yahoo: since yesterday ,for sure 14-15'' of fresh snow !!! still snowing and windy !!

if weather permit might begin to groom tq 5 a bit tonight and do the rest tomorrow morning .

groomer !!!

Hey Groomer, the snow is still piling up I see. You guys must be having a hard time keeping up with it. If I make it back up your way I going to buy you a beer! See you soon (hopefully)

hi drcoffin !!!

i ll have a good idea tonight ,around 6 pm i ll groom a few hrs around town , it ll give me an idea for tomorrow .i don t think im lying , must be around 18-20 '' maybe more.it was windy a lot here this afternoon .looks like it s going to be a lot of work .

wife of the v-p called in chandler this morning and they received only 3-4 '' and it was raining by noon .

sure hope to see you ,i ll be busy for the next 4-5 days .some locals here i '' tired '' to see snow !!! ha !! ha !!

groomer !!!

Where did you go Groomer?? Are you stuck in a drift? I see it is cold and windy up there this morning, it must be tough going. With the 40cm you were supposed to have got on Friday you must be going non stop to get the trails smoothed out.

hey !!! that storm is good news for you !!! while grooming yesterday ,talked with the president and to do a short story ,your trail pass will be good til july 15 !!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!! :lol:

yesterday snow was better for '' traction '' than friday night.colder on my way back when i arrived in ste marguerite .should be even colder tonight.can t tell you the temps ,my thermometer is buried under the snow !!!!

it has been a 14 hrs run ,luckily i went up to ste marguerite friday night ,saved time and fuel .even yesterday on my way back between ste marguerite and home i was still '' sinking '' in the trail a bit.

the 2 ski center south of riki received 3.5 ' of snow .heard that on the radio .

by 10 am i ll be on a local trail ( farm area ) .i ll see what i can do there.don t know if you have that expression in english ,but i might see the '' devil " :diablo: on that local trail . ha !! ha !! ha !!

groomer !!!

smclelan you were right , i live in a basement so can t see if it was windy .

this is a warning for those who wanted to come up here in the next days.better wait !!!

it s windy like hell right now and it s for sure you ll have poor riding conditions in the '' open spaces '' , clearcuts ,fields etc .i just went to check in the back roads and it s not too nice .

with all that snow we received with the last storm it s for sure you ll encounter nice drifts .better think about it twice !!!!

my nephew wanted to go skiing ,he turned around ,roads was blocked by drifts .

lots of work coming again.

groomer !!!

I have some friends up in the Gaspe right now, they started on Friday. I expect they will have stories to tell. I think they were 3 couples. Don't get me wrong the women were all excellent drivers, but it could be tough when it comes to digging and pulling sleds out of drifts. I look forward to the tales of their Gaspesie adventure. LOL

i met a small group yesterday from nova scotia ,there was one wowan riding her sled and the last guy of the group took time to take a pic of the machine ,waved at me .maybe your friends ??? they were going east .

when i arrived at the st fidele cable bridge ,there was a group of quebecers at the warming shack.from cross point to there ,they had to let their girlfriends on the trail , ''beat '' the snow , turn around for their girlfriends.guys said ,there was big drifts ,they were all happy when they saw me at the cb .

groomer !!!

hi zeusand !!!

ya ,nice pics .here in town ,there s a few volunters to give them food to help them during winter .

it has been a pleasure to meet you and your friend in amqui .started grooming at 10 am and came back at 7 hrs.as you can see on the pics , tons of snow .

should be on tq 5 tonight or late during the night .

hope you did nt have hard time to read my little note !!!

groomer !!! :drinks: