Welcome Hotel Lac Carling

ckf

7 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

Do we get a discount if we mention his name???

Or you might have to pay his outstanding bill!😃

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how much I'll get to Quebec this season in a year when I have a new sled and season pass but 4 of us left MD Thursday at 6a for Lac Carling. Good driving distance for us to reach good riding and the garage for the truck. Met Marc when he rode in on his sled. We got to the hotel a little before 6:30p after getting the passes in town for those that needed.

Just as Iceman described it's a huge beautiful facility, nice rooms, ambiance etc.  Pool and hot tub, and indoor sports amenities. The place was virtually empty I hope they have the ability to stick around. Great place to start a tour. Oh the service was excellent but there was little competition for the staff's attention. The food was excellent.

Rode the choppy p'tit train through Laurier up to Devils mountain and Windigo for a good dinner. A mixed bag some good some bad but hey we're riding. Gas in La Minerve and  lunch at a new bistro with good pizza. 319 and 323 in this area was fairly rough groomer was parked at Gaz in La Minerve.

Rode over to Comfort Tremblant for Saturday night. At the connection to the local trail to La Conception we discovered some yellow snow and soon found the hole in the coolant crossover tube 06 Apex ER. 20 mile tow. Lucky timing. Too late on Saturday for ANYWHERE for pieces but on the way to the pool we asked to speak to maintenance and found enough gear to Macgyver it up after a dip in the pool. Taxied to the resort for an awesome dinner and had the cab stop at a depanneur for anti-freeze. Good lunch in  Nominingue at the Auberge.  Trail passes got checked down the hill after Mt Diable.

Filled up the coolant this morning at 6a elbowed the skiers and sliders for breakfast and scooted 65 fun mikes back to Carling to head home. Band-aid spit a small amount of coolant but held up for the entire ride. 

All of guidance apps took us 81 up and back stating as much as 2 hours calculated advantage to the 87 route. We have taken 87 almost all other times to Quebec. We rolled in to Carling at 11:45a and I was home at 10:20p  

Absolutely worth the trip. As is often the case for me one of the four was a first timer. We rode sections new to us, ate great meals, saw awesome scenery and had a blast and have a great new option for safely leaving our truck.