QuebecRider.com Summer Get Together

Saguenay Bill

Thought I would post directions to the hotel.

Directions

From I-93 heading North

Take Exit 37, bear left off the ramp to the bottom of the hill (Route 18). Cannon Mountain View Motel is directly to your right, and the entrance is a right off Route 18!

From I-93 heading South

Take Exit 38, bear right off the ramp to the junction of Route 18 in the center of Franconia. Go left onto Route 18 approximately 1 mile, and Cannon Mountain View Motel is on your left, just before the junction of Route 142!

Here is a link to there web site also. http://www.cannonmtview.com/direction.html

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would post directions to the hotel.

Directions

From I-93 heading North

Take Exit 37, bear left off the ramp to the bottom of the hill (Route 18). Cannon Mountain View Motel is directly to your right, and the entrance is a right off Route 18!

From I-93 heading South

Take Exit 38, bear right off the ramp to the junction of Route 18 in the center of Franconia. Go left onto Route 18 approximately 1 mile, and Cannon Mountain View Motel is on your left, just before the junction of Route 142!

Here is a link to there web site also. http://www.cannonmtview.com/direction.html

Thanks GTSE800. I call that junction of Rt 18 and Rt116 in the center of town, Franconia's Time Square. Won't be long now.

Bill

A little update.

It looks like Segway will not be at "The Gathering". Guy I was talking to is no longer with them. When I called two weeks ago another guy told me he would get back to me, but I haven't heard anything from him.

Franconia Notch State Park, about 5 miles from the CMV is having the Governor of NH there that day for a rededication of the park. It is suppose to last from 10A to 3PM, in case anyone wants to listen to speaches. Count me out!

Looks like we will have about 20 people staying at the Motel and about 40 for supper on Sat night. Pretty good turn out.

If anyone has any snowmobile DVD's that they made please bring them with you. doobraap is bring his projector, thanks Chris.

I'll be taking some pictures of the CMV and will post them in the next couple of days just to show you what the place looks like.

Bill

Another Update

Supper will be served at 6PM. It is all you can eat. There will be some door prizes. Some are very nice, other nice. Here is a few pics of where we are having it.

Dang man, that looks like a great time. Wish i could get up there from PA but Little League baseball rules around here this time of year. Have fun and post up some pics.

Our first member to arrive at the CMV is the famous smclelan of Nova Scotia. I left Steven a few minutes ago and he was not having a problem downing those good old US beers. He really liked the price of them. He said Andyman would REALLY enjoy the price of a US 30 pack. Bud Light for $17.99 per 30 cans.

Bill

Our first member to arrive at the CMV is the famous smclelan of Nova Scotia. I left Steven a few minutes ago and he was not having a problem downing those good old US beers. He really liked the price of them. He said Andyman would REALLY enjoy the price of a US 30 pack. Bud Light for $17.99 per 30 cans.

Bill

ha !! ha !! ha !!!

according to your thread '' funny story '' looks like not only the quebecers are looking for beers .those guys from the maritimes really enjoy them !!!

don t forget to tell smclelan to use his tripod to take pics , he might have a few blurred ones !!!! :D

have a nice weel end !!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

Hi Bill,

Just wanted to thank you and JD again for organizing and hosting the QR gathering. I had a great time. Nice to see you guys and some of our other QR buddies. Hope the PA crew gets back home with some shred of dry clothes... Tough day to be on two wheels.......... I'm back home in S. NH now. Wow, it was pouring rain there for awhile. Imagine if it had been snow................. It won't be long. Enjoy the rest of Summer and Fall. We'll see you at the HI this Winter. Thanks for the prizes too. All of "Team Braap" won something. Very generous of you guys.

Take care,

RenegadeBraap

Chris

Hi Bill,

Just wanted to thank you and JD again for organizing and hosting the QR gathering. I had a great time. Nice to see you guys and some of our other QR buddies. Hope the PA crew gets back home with some shred of dry clothes... Tough day to be on two wheels.......... I'm back home in S. NH now. Wow, it was pouring rain there for awhile. Imagine if it had been snow................. It won't be long. Enjoy the rest of Summer and Fall. We'll see you at the HI this Winter. Thanks for the prizes too. All of "Team Braap" won something. Very generous of you guys.

Take care,

RenegadeBraap

Chris

Diddo from here too. Great time with some great people. Wife and I had a great time. Looking forward to the next gathering.

Bob

Hi everyone

this weekend's Gatherin I feel was a great sucess. I want to thank all those who drove so far for coming. Best people in thw world are Snowmobilers. I also want to thank Ray and Yvonne, owners of the CMV for putting on a nice BBQ, the 2 nite stay and for their hospitality. Also the Holiday Inn Saguenay for thier nice donation as well as Joel Beam for the nice Choko donations. Wayne Garneau for letting us have on display the 2009 SD ETEC sled. In adddition the owner of Cabin Fever Distillers for coming up and putting on the demo of Cabin Fever Whiskey. I want to thank all of you for making the weekend a sucess. Here are a few pics: We even had a Harley Chick here.

Thanks for putting it on Bill. I know it's a lot of work and we appreciate it. Thanks to J.D. too. It's nice of here to give up a summer weekend for "snowmobiling" too....

Ryan (LilBraap) had a good time picking the winning raffle numbers. It was also nice to finally meet a lot of the people here on the site. I wish I could have spent some more time mingling but I had my hands full with the two little ones.

Thanks again

Chris

Hi Bill

Lisa myself and smclelan stayed in Calais Maine last night and had a few more cool ones and a nice dinner and we headed home this morning. 1023 miles round trip. I just want to say thanks again for the super party that you and JD put on for us. Many thanks to the sponsors who provided the prizes and to all the great sledders who took time out of their busy lives to come and spend a couple days renewing old friendships and making new friends as well. God willing we will all be able to get together again and tell some more lies and watch Fluffy drink Merlot!!! I will post some pics in the near future.

Andy

My very good friends Mr and Mrs racersinc, Dean and Beth, where in Boston for a wedding on Friday and Sat. They drove up to Franconia on Sunday and spent Sunday afternoon and this morning with Juliedele and I. These are other people, what else they are snowmobilers after all. Here is a picture I took of them this mroninmg just before they left the CMV. Makes me feel so good to see all of you and these folks go out of your way to come to Franconia to enjoy our relationships.

Bill, you are a real asset to the sport, we go to another country to ride and you make us feel at home at the HI when we get there.

Then you put on a great get together , and it was was a success.

We know you put a lot of effort into putting this thing on and everything worked out great!

We met new people, talked about different routes to ride, looking forward to next season. :good:

Hats off to Garneau's, Cabin Fever, Joel Beam , and CMV. (Too bad they don't have a trail going to there place)

I am glad I brought Christian with us, he had a good day. He even got to meet littlebraap! and them two know how to pick the winning tickets for sure. lol

Thanks for the great gifts, we will see you in the fall.

Here is a few pic's I took.

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

Hi Bill,

Take care,

RenegadeBraap

Chris

Chris

most pleased to report that rich, fluffy and i touched down in Central PA late afternoon. yesterday was 8 hrs; in the rain, new hampshire, thru vermont and most of new york. today, from utica, home, the first half of the day in the soup, then into 90 F in pa. ahhhhh, the thrill of the open road.

great time with all the Quebec Riders who took the time to celebrate in franconia.

richie is hard at work laying on our mid-winter gathering at 100 Lakes. tentatively scheduled for 20/21 january, 09, in the high laurentide below parent. more to follow on this in the next few days.

thanks to bill and jd for co-ordinating this event. it was quite a hoot. nice to put faces with all the "web handles".

enjoyed it!

timbo

It was very nice to meet everyone! My wife and I are looking forward to seeing some of you again this upcoming season. Without question, this is the finest group of snowmobilers that we have ever encountered. Thank you Bill, for everything you and your wife do for our small community, and extending us the opportunity to meet the true icons of our sport. Steve

WOW! what a turn out, Great job Bill & JD.

I really wish I could have made it but my three girls are on the swim team and they have meets every Sat. & Mon.

Anyway I love reading the posts and seeing the pictures.

Question??? Did anybody try dooing a snow dance, you did have a demo sled right there & and anti freeze. LOL

Hope to see you this winter.

Bob