Winter Grand Gathering

timbo

Me and a few of my buddies will more than likely be in that area that week, we''ll try to end up there Wed. evening. :drinks:

Sounds great Jackstraw I hope you guys make it there so we can put some more names to faces.

Andy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy-

Unfortunately I'm not going to make it. Would have loved to have been there.

I will be arriving at Andre's parents next saturday the 17th for a week of fun.

Ride safe and HAVE A BLAST!!!!!

Chris

That is too bad you can't make it Chris are you heading to Andre's camp? If so say Hi to him for me.

Andy

My riding partner and I will be arriving in Shawinigan on the 14th and the heading out for 10 days the next morning. I am trying now to figure out a way where we could to stay at 100 lacs the 20th or 21st when passing through. Hope to see you there. It may depend on conditions in the Val d'or area as that would help us spread things out. :drinks:

My riding partner and I will be arriving in Shawinigan on the 14th and the heading out for 10 days the next morning. I am trying now to figure out a way where we could to stay at 100 lacs the 20th or 21st when passing through. Hope to see you there. It may depend on conditions in the Val d'or area as that would help us spread things out. :drinks:

Look forward to seeing you snowbound.

Andy

Snowbound

Great snow throughout that region. Trails good to excellent. You should have no problems getting there from Shawinigan. (or from Val d'Or via 83)

Shortest way is 318 to St-Michelle, then TQ33 thru Manawan to TQ 13. About an hour to Cent Lacs from the 33/13 intersection. If you like to ride, that would be a good day's ride. I'm guessing 280 miles.

Other choices would be to head up to La Tuque, then take TQ73 up to TQ 83. Take 83 west, thru Parent, and get on TQ 13 South just beyond Parent. That's a two day ride for most guys. Another would be to take TQ 63 out of Shawinigan, over to Mont Laurier. Jump on TQ13 north there.

Hope to see you guys there.

timbo

Anyone know the aproximate mileage from 100 lacs to the Esteral?

Depends whether you would go thru Ste-Agathe and try to screw around with TQ 43, trying to take 323 or 315 to get up to Mont Laurier, or to go thru St-Donat thru the Park, and take TQ 63 to ML. 43 has a few "missing links" this year with portions closed or re-routed I am told, and it might be a little squirrely that way. (Mid Range or one of the guys who rides that area might have more info on that).

Going thru the Park, i'm guessing 260 miles. Cent Lacs is about 2 hours from Sainte-Anne du Lac.

hope to see you. the attendee list is growing. should be a hoot. call Cent Lacs if you can make it.

timbo

Anyone have any info on TQ 43, from Ste-Agathe over to Val-des-Bois?????

Just got a PM from three guys who want to come to the Gathering next week from Rapides -des-Joachims. They would be crossing over from Ontario. Anybody have recent info whether the trail from RDJ to Jonacas; and from Joncas thru the Verendrye to Louvencourt, is open?????

thanks

timbo

Do you have an approixmate head count for this most excellent event?

greetings Steven

I will have to interogate Chopper, but I would take a wild guess and say it's around 20, and growing.

timbo

I reserved spot for 4 of us for Wed. night, with a little luck we should see you all Wed. night! Alot can happen in the first 800 miles of the trip! :drinks:

That is an understatement after the weekend I had!!! See you next week Jackstraw.

Andy

I reserved spot for 4 of us for Wed. night, with a little luck we should see you all Wed. night! Alot can happen in the first 800 miles of the trip! :drinks:

Great! We'll be glad to see you!

timbo

Timbo,

Just reserved two rooms for next wednesday night. 93northbound & hojon will be joining me.

Longriderss

Most excellent, longriderss! We're in for a jumbo time.

timbo

Most excellent, longriderss! We're in for a jumbo time.

timbo

add three more!!! dave ed and curtis will be there. we call ourself d.e.c. tours. were up every other week somewhere riding were all lurkers but enjoy all the posts. we must of past one of you somewhere allong the way !! now we`ll meet!!!! : :drinks:

add three more!!! dave ed and curtis will be there. we call ourself d.e.c. tours. were up every other week somewhere riding were all lurkers but enjoy all the posts. we must of past one of you somewhere allong the way !! now we`ll meet!!!! : :drinks:

Welcome, Ed.

Look forward to meeting you. if you guys are in la belle province every other week, every winter, i guarantee you have passed a whole bunch of us on the trails.

timbo

Well my riding partner has an issue that is going to prevent us from going to the gathering now. We had planned to be leaving for Shawinigan this afternoon but that is not going to happen now. Unless someone else from Pennsylvania is leaving and has room for me or wants to share a ride up with me I will not be attending. :sad:

they are on their way to the winter grand gathering !!

met andyman ,smclelan ,mubs and ron this morning at the gas station in albertville .wow !!! -40c at 6 30 am.they were still smiling !! they should be in cabano tonight.

thanks for stopping guys and have fun at the gathering !!

groomer !!! :drinks:

they are on their way to the winter grand gathering !!

met andyman ,smclelan ,mubs and ron this morning at the gas station in albertville .wow !!! -40c at 6 30 am.they were still smiling !! they should be in cabano tonight.

thanks for stopping guys and have fun at the gathering !!

«hi Groomer, «it`s cold out. We made it Friday night to Sawninigan and headed north by sled. We did make it to Roberval. Glad to see Andy got his sled back together. «looking forward to the gathering.<<«longriderss.

«hi Groomer, «it`s cold out. We made it Friday night to Sawninigan and headed north by sled. We did make it to Roberval. Glad to see Andy got his sled back together. «looking forward to the gathering.<<«longriderss.

hi longriderss !!

ya , happy for him !! still cold here this morning ,-37 c.temps should be a lot better for our friends from the maritimes today .hope so !!!

enjoy your trip up there and have fun !!

Good to meet all you guys.The rest of the trip went off without a hitch.Real masse' was a great place.I haven't been on 63 from the ranger station in the park to mt lauier in 3 years ,nice reroute.Andy i see from Bills post you made the Hi friday.Did you make 100 lacs to outback Jacks in one day?See you on the trails.By the way we had time to kill when we got to reals so we headed to St-come to view the bar dedancues but was told about half way there it was closed.I always thought that was one business that was recession proof.