A little Parent info

snowmaster2112

Look, I dont care how you raise your little snot nose, snowflake kid but here is the deal in Parent, Qc

Hello all fellow snow thrashers !! Hope everyone is healthy and enjoying the holidays. I have some little tid bits of info for everyone on the booming metropolis of Parent.

The O'mbre du Vent wont be open to snowmobilers this winter as Hydro Quebec is doing some project up near there and have gobbled up all the cabins and house.

Word is they are closing in on the Central too. Also, the cellular service around there wont be up and functional this winter. I guess the lines and towers are up but not all connected yet so probably for sure next year. 

I have the exact sentiments as Je me souviens about what to do or not do regarding this season. With the December 9th date closing in I guess I have to make some decisions soon. The thought of not riding in Qc again this winter chills me to the bone. 

Thinking of doing another crazy solo northern run between Christmas/New years but have to get a hold of my indigenous buddies and see what the scoop is. Being around them and their reservations adds another level of complexity to all this bullshit. If I dont have their support to fall back on it's probably not wise for me to be up there alone. 

My best buddy and I often reflect back to March 18th 2020 when we got "kicked out" of Canada that "who woulda thunk" that almost two FU&%ING years later we would be dealing with all this. BTW, his 78 yr old father here in Dansville, NY was put on a ventilator two days ago (this will be day 3) Please pray for him !!!

That sucks about Parent, but good for Genevieve and Andre.  Back to the free testing….I have not done it myself, but that is what I hear.  Appointment is key due to limited availability.  I think I will try a couple longer trips rather than the weekend gigs.  I am not sure I can handle another year of local riding.  It is riding and all, but once you have seen Quebec it’s pretty hard to go back to NY, VT, NH or ME, they are simply not on the same level, and cost just as much.

Glad Parent will still have fuel, 

Bought a 2021 four stroke to run in Canada, and have not crossed the border yet with it!  Guys I ride with are getting  anxious to get trips figured out, taking a test and crossing the border within 72 hours will be my biggest challenge, once we make that happen the first time I think we will be good to go.

Think snow, and when winter gets here, lets enjoy.

11 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

78 yr old father here in Dansville, NY was put on a ventilator two days ago (this will be day 3) Please pray for him !!!

I assume Covid?

I'm sorry to hear it. All will pray for a quick recovery. ( Deity of your choice ) 

Later

GutZ

13 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Look, I dont care how you raise your little snot nose, snowflake kid but here is the deal in Parent, Qc

Hello all fellow snow thrashers !! Hope everyone is healthy and enjoying the holidays. I have some little tid bits of info for everyone on the booming metropolis of Parent.

The O'mbre du Vent wont be open to snowmobilers this winter as Hydro Quebec is doing some project up near there and have gobbled up all the cabins and house.

Word is they are closing in on the Central too. Also, the cellular service around there wont be up and functional this winter. I guess the lines and towers are up but not all connected yet so probably for sure next year. 

I have the exact sentiments as Je me souviens about what to do or not do regarding this season. With the December 9th date closing in I guess I have to make some decisions soon. The thought of not riding in Qc again this winter chills me to the bone. 

Thinking of doing another crazy solo northern run between Christmas/New years but have to get a hold of my indigenous buddies and see what the scoop is. Being around them and their reservations adds another level of complexity to all this bullshit. If I dont have their support to fall back on it's probably not wise for me to be up there alone. 

My best buddy and I often reflect back to March 18th 2020 when we got "kicked out" of Canada that "who woulda thunk" that almost two FU&%ING years later we would be dealing with all this. BTW, his 78 yr old father here in Dansville, NY was put on a ventilator two days ago (this will be day 3) Please pray for him !!!

Get Ivermectin, Knocks it right out from what I hear. Problem is getting it as it actually works!