How many miles per day do you like to travel when on a trip?

smclelan

How many miles per day do you like to travel?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles per day do you like to travel?

• 100-150 miles
    • 150-200 miles
    • 200-250 miles
    • 250-300 miles
    • 300-350 miles
    • 350-400 miles
    • 400 plus miles

Half of the guys in my regular group could do 300-400 a day but the other half isn't good much after 200 so we usually do 200-250. If we're day tripping we'll send the other guys back and keep on gettin it. Last yeat thoses dummies went back to Alma and missed Mt Valin vista.

Half of the guys in my regular group could do 300-400 a day but the other half isn't good much after 200 so we usually do 200-250. If we're day tripping we'll send the other guys back and keep on gettin it. Last yeat thoses dummies went back to Alma and missed Mt Valin vista.

That's what happens when yoy take in too much of the finer culture of the area.............You know the "ballet".

That's what happens when yoy take in too much of the finer culture of the area.............You know the "ballet".

I have to say when I go away to ride I want to ride not watch the ballet or drink myself to sleep so I don't want to get up- 200-250 is what I plan.

We tend to get going a little later than most but still manage closer to or more than 300 a day. It's more a matter of fuel that limits us. In the last couple years since I have a fuel efficient machine (Apex) I tend to play around more and explore the pits, fields, hills and powerlines. Hopefully this year I can get to some of those secondary trails I passed at 60mph and wondered where they go.

We tend to get going a little later than most but still manage closer to or more than 300 a day. It's more a matter of fuel that limits us. In the last couple years since I have a fuel efficient machine (Apex) I tend to play around more and explore the pits, fields, hills and powerlines. Hopefully this year I can get to some of those secondary trails I passed at 60mph and wondered where they go.

Don't get on those secondary trails S pump. Stick to the blue main trails. Those secondary green trails are not worth it. By all means stay off the orange trails as well. Leave them unspoiled for the rest of us to enjoy. Just bustin on ya. Those secondary are the best trails.

Don't get on those secondary trails S pump. Stick to the blue main trails. Those secondary green trails are not worth it. By all means stay off the orange trails as well. Leave them unspoiled for the rest of us to enjoy. Just bustin on ya. Those secondary are the best trails.

I hope to be able to get some days to play up in Valins this year. It's always such a rush trip when we're up there we don't seem to have the time to explore....................I know you can't relate Bill.

I hope to be able to get some days to play up in Valins this year. It's always such a rush trip when we're up there we don't seem to have the time to explore....................I know you can't relate Bill.

Oh, I can relate. Remember I started coming up here 25 years ago this year. I was 44 years olds then. I rode 6 days for quite a few years, then it went to 10 days, then 7 weeks and now 9 weeks. There is one good thing about getting old, more time to ride, but you are on the down side.

200-300 Depending on the weather, but always try to be in by dark. Thats when all the animals seem to use the trails. Unfortunately we found that out first hand!! Notice the deer parts!!

Where did you hit the deer or the deer hit you? In all my 25 years of riding in the Saguenay area I've only seen 1 deer and 1 moose. Deer was 2 years ago and the moose was 3 years ago.

Leaving the Ice Hotel, headed back to Shawinigan, just before you get to the pipeline. We left the HI at 7am and made too many stops on the way down 23. We didnt get back until 9pm. There must have been 20 deer in that 1 straight away. Other than 50 of the coldest miles ever(due to no windshield)neither the deer or my buddy were injured.

It is amazing how few people see any and others see lots of them.

I have been going to NH since 1980 and I had never seen a moose until 3 years ago, and since then I seen lots of them.

In one weekend up in Pittsburg 05 /06 season I seen 8 of them on the trails.

In Canaan Vt. Ive seen 6 moose on the trail in less than 45 minutes of riding!! Ive never seen any moose or deer far north, near the HI but have seen plenty in southern Quebec.Heres a few 25 miles or so north from Derby line crossing..I took pics 1 handed while riding.

I debated voting for 300-350 and 350-400. Went with 350 400 as we usually do a 3 0r 4 day trip and get between 900-and 1500 miles but also drive the truck to iand from in those days. So a day we have to use the truck we get 300ish and a day with just the sled 350 atleast. My biggest day is 502. Had a bunch of 400+ Biggest 4 day trip was 1480 with 5 hrs in the truck on the 1st and last days. Trail 35 we usually make up ALOT of time but it sure is weird burning a full tank of fuel in less than an hour

trip03-4.jpg

I debated voting for 300-350 and 350-400. Went with 350 400 as we usually do a 3 0r 4 day trip and get between 900-and 1500 miles but also drive the truck to iand from in those days. So a day we have to use the truck we get 300ish and a day with just the sled 350 atleast. My biggest day is 502. Had a bunch of 400+ Biggest 4 day trip was 1480 with 5 hrs in the truck on the 1st and last days. Trail 35 we usually make up ALOT of time but it sure is weird burning a full tank of fuel in less than an hour

trip03-4.jpg

Awseome! :good:

• 2 weeks later...