St-Côme ice sculpture festival pics ride report

towing

Last sunday we did a ride at St-Côme ice sculptures festival. I would have prefered a sunny day for pics but we got a gray and snowy day with comfortable winter temperature.

We did the ride from home which  finally looks like that

carte_jM3cWyDXzsgL8auD7AtgD1.jpg

We had just got few very deep cold days and the trail base was hard as a rock very nice

DJI_0221_eLC8MKXUHYmqSPNmBM5LxY.JPG

snow had continue to accumulate

DJI_0245.JPG

There is a small trail section shared with ATVs and they don't groom their trail, they plow!

DJI_0248_pVxQVWmBerEfPxpFsARifT.JPG

The Sculpture festival was just started and most ice art works were not completed, more work in progress but the festival continue for the 2 next weekend so those who will have the chance to go will see even an better exposition than us. Again the gray day gave deceiving pics but it give an idea of what it looks like

DJI_0275.JPG

DJI_0283.JPG

In the middle of the village there is a large life-size fresco in construction under the western theme

DJI_0308.JPG

DJI_0312.JPG

this boat is quite impressive

DJI_0341.JPG

This festival is always a great snowmobile destination in Lanaudière, trail #343 crosses right in the middle of the village so you can't miss them. you still have until February 19 if you pass in this area.

We looped back home by getting on the #63 trail and went south.

DJI_0362.JPG

DJI_0365.JPG

The trail over Riviere Noire in St-Jean de Matha wasn't safe yet and we had to pass on the road bridge. I was scared a bit by looking at those slushy sled's tracks but I heard from non officials sources that they had staked the river this week.

DJI_0390.png

We finally got back home at the end of afternoon with another 232kms of good sledding in my neck of the wood!

After few days in arctic cold the temperature seems to stay warmer than usual but it is not the snow that is missing! still snowing actually, may have a bit of rain tonight but not an issue for sure. It's  the best time of the season to enjoy!

Alain

Thank you guys! We can tell for sure it is a classic sure value as a nice stop in the area, it is the 41e edition this year and the first one was in 1967!!!

If you take a look here the history link of the festival web page, it's not in english but by scrolling down you will be able to take a look at many of the most impressives pieces of art work having been done in the past there

https://festivalstcomeenglace.com/notre-histoire/