Farmers?

800steve

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most areas are involved. There are exceptions. Charlevoix, center of Quebec, and south of the River I think Chaudiere Applaches. Not 100% on the last area but the first two for sure. These areas are not involved in the blockade not sure why. Regardless it's bad news.

Most areas are involved. There are exceptions. Charlevoix, center of Quebec, and south of the River I think Chaudiere Applaches. Not 100% on the last area but the first two for sure. These areas are not involved in the blockade not sure why. Regardless it's bad news.

Definately bad news.

I hear ya on the waiting for buying the trail pass.

Let's face it yeah saving $60 is great but paying $240 and then they do not work things out means a loss of $240.

I mean let's be realistic here if $60 is too much more to pay maybe snowmobiling is not the sport for you.

It can be an expensive addiction.

Hi I'm Don my drug of choice is snowmobiling. Welcome to the group.

My feeling is it will be worked out.

That's a lot of money to deny the hotels restaurants sled dealers and everyone else involved in sledding up here, I do believe they will settle it but when is the question.

I will buy my passes early. Just because I am keeping the faith.

A winter without these trails is hard to imagine for me. I think it would result in a mental breakdown for me. I need my motoneige.

Any updates on the Farmer issue?

I am following the situation on a daily basis. This morning on my way to work, I heard on the radio that Québec's Premiere is ready to listen to the farmers.We will have to wait and see what the outcome will be.

In the meantime,as a result from last weekend meeting in Saguenay Lac st-jean region, some local clubs have put their trail pass sale on HOLD for now.

I have been reading many articles on this whole issue and the farmers in Saguenay-Lac-St-jean seems to be the ones who are fighting this very strongly.

I am following the situation on a daily basis. This morning on my way to work, I heard on the radio that Québec's Premiere is ready to listen to the farmers.We will have to wait and see what the outcome will be.

In the meantime,as a result from last weekend meeting in Saguenay Lac st-jean region, some local clubs have put their trail pass sale on HOLD for now.

I have been reading many articles on this whole issue and the farmers in Saguenay-Lac-St-jean seems to be the ones who are fighting this very strongly.

thanks mid range for the update i was going to send for my permits but know im not sure i should

Thanks to all of you for the info. Last year I bought a season pass and due to the lack of snow never crossed the border!! I was really hoping to make up for it this year!! Thanks again and please share any info you get!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBe9pIDOcng&feature=player_embedded#!

sorry ,the video is in french.

im doing my best to translate.

according to that wowan,goverment cut 25% of the bugdget for the farmers.down to 650$$ million

loss of 80 $$ million for the farmers.looks like the goverment wants to make a clean up .they want to get rid of 25 % of the smallest farmers and some big ones too.those who are not much productive .

some farmers are going to lose from 4 to 15,ooo.oo $$ and they need that money badly .

mid range ,don t be shy to add your comment ,your english is better than mine .

groomer !!!

Hopefully they will come up with some sort of solution that satasfies the farmers soon. Snowmobiling in Quebec generates an economic impact of $1.5 BILLION every year! That was the number a two years ago. It may be down a bit with the down turn in the USA enconomy.

according to that wowan,goverment cut 25% of the bugdget for the farmers.down to 650$$ million

loss of 80 $$ million for the farmers.looks like the goverment wants to make a clean up .they want to get rid of 25 % of the smallest farmers and some big ones too.those who are not much productive .

some farmers are going to lose from 4 to 15,ooo.oo $$ and they need that money badly .

mid range ,don t be shy to add your comment ,your english is better than mine .

groomer !!!

In a nutshell.....I think Groomer,you are brushing a good picture of the situation.Québec Government wants to impose

cutback to the farmers's insurance but they don't agree and taking us as hostages in order to force the Government to step back on its decision.

Le milieu de la motoneige en Mauricie et au Centre-du-Québec pousse un soupir de soulagement. La saison 2010-2011 est sauvée grâce à un compromis.

Les clubs de motoneigistes des deux régions se sont concertés pour n'utiliser que des corridors publics plutôt que les terres agricoles qui sont bloquées par des agriculteurs en moyen de pression avec Québec.

Rappelons que les producteurs agricoles veulent convaincre le ministre de l'Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l'Alimentation (MAPAQ), Laurent Lessard, de modifier les règles de l'assurance stabilisation des revenus agricoles (ASRA). Selon l'Union des producteurs agricoles (UPA), l'exclusion du quart des fermes les moins productives pour le calcul des indemnisations de la Financière agricole entraînera des pertes importantes pour les agriculteurs.

En Mauricie et au Centre-du-Québec, les clubs de motoneigistes doivent donc identifier les terres publiques et corporatives que pourront utiliser les gens. La signalisation sera refaite sur les corridors qui seront utilisés.

L'industrie de la motoneige génère des retombées économiques de 75 millions de dollars annuellement dans les deux régions. Quelque 1000 emplois dépendent de cette industrie

:clapping:

the season of the mauricie and centre du quebec area will be saved for 10/11.they are going to use public (crown )and corporative land for their trails.they are going to install new signage ,etc .

snowmobiling in those 2 areas generate 75 million$$$ and 1000 jobs.

forgot to mention ,on the video .president of the club in matane said that 50 % of their trails will be rideable and they are looking for alternative roads to connect with other clubs.

saguenay bill ,only a guess ,most of them must be dairy farms, at least for a good pourcentage.

groomer !!!

Le milieu de la motoneige en Mauricie et au Centre-du-Québec pousse un soupir de soulagement. La saison 2010-2011 est sauvée grâce à un compromis.

Les clubs de motoneigistes des deux régions se sont concertés pour n'utiliser que des corridors publics plutôt que les terres agricoles qui sont bloquées par des agriculteurs en moyen de pression avec Québec.

Rappelons que les producteurs agricoles veulent convaincre le ministre de l'Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l'Alimentation (MAPAQ), Laurent Lessard, de modifier les règles de l'assurance stabilisation des revenus agricoles (ASRA). Selon l'Union des producteurs agricoles (UPA), l'exclusion du quart des fermes les moins productives pour le calcul des indemnisations de la Financière agricole entraînera des pertes importantes pour les agriculteurs.

En Mauricie et au Centre-du-Québec, les clubs de motoneigistes doivent donc identifier les terres publiques et corporatives que pourront utiliser les gens. La signalisation sera refaite sur les corridors qui seront utilisés.

L'industrie de la motoneige génère des retombées économiques de 75 millions de dollars annuellement dans les deux régions. Quelque 1000 emplois dépendent de cette industrie

:clapping:

the season of the mauricie and centre du quebec area will be saved for 10/11.they are going to use public (crown )and corporative land for their trails.they are going to install new signage ,etc .

forgot to mention ,on the video .president of the club in matane said that 50 % of their trails will be rideable and they are looking for alternative roads to connect with other clubs.

saguenay bill ,only a guess ,most of them must be dairy farms, at least for a good pourcentage.

groomer !!!

Thanks groomer. I thought that was the case but wasn't sure.

Which farmers are being effected, dairy, fruit, vegetable, livestock or anyone who farms anything? I'm just curious.

l'ASRA, the harvest insurance that is in the center of this dispute apply to farmers for cereals,apples,potatoes,also pork and lamb and some other products. It does not apply to dairy farms because Quebec manage those products with quotas and control their prices.

But the farmers union, l'UPA is the same for all farmers so the decisions they take apply to all farmers.... those who don't use ASRA tend to show solidarity and follow the union words.

Alain

Edited by towing

This is a very very good news :clapping: Many area have alot of trails that are not affected but it's really nice to see that the clubs are already working on "B" plan to get as much as possible trails connected and get less dependent from farmers :good:

:drinks:

Alain

Groomer,

For many years now I have trusted your good fellowship and noteable your honest reports. As you read more on this topic of the Farmers and the insurance please keep us posted. I ride mostly where Seguenay Bill rides up in the Mt. Valin area, but also in the Maurice area and Quebec City.

Many Thanks !!!!

Groomer,

For many years now I have trusted your good fellowship and noteable your honest reports. As you read more on this topic of the Farmers and the insurance please keep us posted. I ride mostly where Seguenay Bill rides up in the Mt. Valin area, but also in the Maurice area and Quebec City.

Many Thanks !!!!

hi brdgbldr !!

thanks for the great words !!i was almost shy to read your post!! :lol:

first of all , i slowed down a bit to read posts on the french forum(f f).why ?? because there s a few too many threads and posts.those on the f f who don t keep themselves up to date they start their own thread.thats a lot of posts to read.

for now mont valins will be open .lanaudiere-outaouais-gaspesie area will be open.last week i think ,minister of agriculture was in rdl and he said that bsl area will be open.but according to some posters on the f f ,some of them were sceptical???if i remember well ,president of the club in rimouski or someone else, said they are going to wait til early december before making a '' move ''

one poster said that he had seen signages in some fields south of rimouski.

i read somewhere that the fcmq asked all the clubs to re-route their trails to avoid farmer's lands.

i must check again ,sorry, i have a memory blank ,but mauricie area should be / will be open.saw a reportage about that on tv.

last night i think ,upa (farmers union ) asked the farmers to close their lands all over pq.but this is only ( imo ) to ''shake '' the goverment.

president of my club is a farmers and it ll be no problems to use his lands.

forgot ,sherbrooke area will be open.north shore will be open too.

i can t remember everything, i read waaaaaaaaaaay too many posts.

hope i did nt make a mistake and hope this will help you a bit !!

groomer !!!

hi brdgbldr !!

thanks for the great words !!i was almost shy to read your post!! :lol:

first of all , i slowed down a bit to read posts on the french forum(f f).why ?? because there s a few too many threads and posts.those on the f f who don t keep themselves up to date they start their own thread.thats a lot of posts to read.

for now mont valins will be open .lanaudiere-outaouais-gaspesie area will be open.last week i think ,minister of agriculture was in rdl and he said that bsl area will be open.but according to some posters on the f f ,some of them were sceptical???if i remember well ,president of the club in rimouski or someone else, said they are going to wait til early december before making a '' move ''

one poster said that he had seen signages in some fields south of rimouski.

i read somewhere that the fcmq asked all the clubs to re-route their trails to avoid farmer's lands.

i must check again ,sorry, i have a memory blank ,but mauricie area should be / will be open.saw a reportage about that on tv.

last night i think ,upa (farmers union ) asked the farmers to close their lands all over pq.but this is only ( imo ) to ''shake '' the goverment.

president of my club is a farmers and it ll be no problems to use his lands.

forgot ,sherbrooke area will be open.north shore will be open too.

i can t remember everything, i read waaaaaaaaaaay too many posts.

hope i did nt make a mistake and hope this will help you a bit !!

groomer !!!

thanks for keeping us informed

ok it looks like ill send for my permits