We roll again

8 hours ago, viper2 said:

Looks like he was a musician  originally from  Wemotaci

Yes and if you google his name you can find an audio clip of one of his songs. He was a talented individual. I can’t seem to find anything else on the net about him but will surely be inquiring with the locals next time I’m up there. Would like to know more about his life and untimely death at 46 a couple years back.

Sweet trip Chris.  We crossed paths on Saturday morning, two skidoo’s headed out while you were headed back to Mattawin.  I did not notice it was you until you were by me or else I would have signaled the head tap again….lol

Yes… you did catch me giving a hand signal, shame on me old habits are hard to kick.

Edited by Je me souviens

7 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

Sweet trip Chris.  We crossed paths on Saturday morning, two skidoo’s headed out while you were headed back to Mattawin.  I did not notice it was you until you were by me or else I would have signaled the head tap again….lol

Yes… you did catch me giving a hand signal, shame on me old habits are hard to kick.

Damn it

would have loved to seen you again and chatted

out paths will cross again I’m sure

One more thing I wanted to point out to everyone about the Camp de Base place in Casey.

Now if this don’t chap your ass nothing will. Well at least for me. 
Last Friday me and the boys and a group of Québécois that were also staying at Windigo the night before pulled into camp de Base in Casey for lunch. A total of 8-9 of us. Who is there hosting but “Rafael” (goes by Raf) Nice younger kid who was also there last year. I saw the Starlink on the roof when we pulled in and I’m like “hell ya “

after everyone ordered their stuff I whip out the IPad and see the network is secured. 
im like …”Raf”….what’s the password?

he replies “can’t give it to you” I’m like….WTF do you mean you can’t give it to me. He says he’s under strict orders from owner as there were too many people pulling up outside and using it and never coming in to support the place. I said… Raf…I’m in here supporting it NOW , and LAST year AND the first year it opened when Norman was running it I was the FIRST fucking customer they ever had. He says ….I know Chris but I can’t.

chapped my ass something fierce and don’t know if I’ll get over it or not.

just an FYI for everyone 

You survived and made it home safe.

Remember the good old days when a Starlink was something only Captain Kirk used?

We made it through those times too, snowmobiling in Quebec.

The sleds were running good, no one was hurt and you're sitting in the middle of God's country and thats a problem?

Edited by NSHM

2 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

One more thing I wanted to point out to everyone about the Camp de Base place in Casey.

Now if this don’t chap your ass nothing will. Well at least for me. 
Last Friday me and the boys and a group of Québécois that were also staying at Windigo the night before pulled into camp de Base in Casey for lunch. A total of 8-9 of us. Who is there hosting but “Rafael” (goes by Raf) Nice younger kid who was also there last year. I saw the Starlink on the roof when we pulled in and I’m like “hell ya “

after everyone ordered their stuff I whip out the IPad and see the network is secured. 
im like …”Raf”….what’s the password?

he replies “can’t give it to you” I’m like….WTF do you mean you can’t give it to me. He says he’s under strict orders from owner as there were too many people pulling up outside and using it and never coming in to support the place. I said… Raf…I’m in here supporting it NOW , and LAST year AND the first year it opened when Norman was running it I was the FIRST fucking customer they ever had. He says ….I know Chris but I can’t.

chapped my ass something fierce and don’t know if I’ll get over it or not.

just an FYI for everyone 

Yeah its small stupid things like that that are going to kill the place.  We spent the night and they wouldn't allow us to charge our phones.  Couldn't spare the power.  I get they are offgrid, but the system couldn't be that close to being drained.