Trail update

Saguenay Bill

Hey Bill

How was your summer?

As soon as you get settled in we are looking for any news on if we can make the trip from St. Raymond up to the HI. I keep getting conflicting reports and have had to turn back early season in years past. Trying to get wiser in my old age!

Any news you hear is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and happy trails

Bob "Snow Seeker"

Hey Bill

How was your summer?

As soon as you get settled in we are looking for any news on if we can make the trip from St. Raymond up to the HI. I keep getting conflicting reports and have had to turn back early season in years past. Trying to get wiser in my old age!

Thanks and happy trails

Bob "Snow Seeker"

x2

would like to run up the following weekend!

Hey Bill

How was your summer?

Thanks and happy trails

Bob "Snow Seeker"

Talked to 5 guys last night who rode up from St Raymond last night. They said trails were good from St Raymond, 23 and 83, up to the HI.

If anyone is coming up the 27th and 28th, make reservations NOW. Hockey tournament that weekend. Also tonight and tomorrow night the place is sold out, hockey tournament.

Will have more tonight.

Bill

I believe the river st anne is now Safe repeat Safe for sleds. Its a go from Roquemont. Trail gets better further up.Check club st raymond website says its open as well.(the river crossing)

Hi Rotaryman,

We just spoke with a couple we know that just came up 23 on Thursday from the Roquemont. They said the first 10 miles were rough and then it was very good up to 368. There was one section that was a little bad and there was a broken groomer parked on the side of the trail.

They took 368 all the way across to 83 and then to Chicoutimi. They said 368 was good.

You could do that and see if 383 is open where it crosses the barrage. A couple of weeks ago it wasn't. If it is open, it will save you running all the way to 83 in Laterriere.

The other option like you say is to stay on 23 past the 368 and take 83. We did that 2 weeks ago. We then took Lac Kenogami as a short cut instead of staying on 83. If you've never taken the lac, stay on it for about 8 or 9 miles and look for a church (look for the steeple) on your left. That is where you head north on the lac to get back on 83.

Happy trails.

Jack

Hi Rotaryman,

We just spoke with a couple we know that just came up 23 on Thursday from the Roquemont. They said the first 10 miles were rough and then it was very good up to 368. There was one section that was a little bad and there was a broken groomer parked on the side of the trail.

They took 368 all the way across to 83 and then to Chicoutimi. They said 368 was good.

You could do that and see if 383 is open where it crosses the barrage. A couple of weeks ago it wasn't. If it is open, it will save you running all the way to 83 in Laterriere.

The other option like you say is to stay on 23 past the 368 and take 83. We did that 2 weeks ago. We then took Lac Kenogami as a short cut instead of staying on 83. If you've never taken the lac, stay on it for about 8 or 9 miles and look for a church (look for the steeple) on your left. That is where you head north on the lac to get back on 83.

Happy trails.

Jack

it is open , rode over the dam on saturday