Daytona-Neige

182ray

Awesome Video! Man seeing all the water when you first took off no wonder that groomer went under. Too bad you did not have one of Chinook copters you could have yanked that groomer right out and flew it to shore. LOL

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really cool Ray.

If we knew you were going up in your chopper, we would have been ready and you could have stopped and picked up me, Sandi and the Gutz boys. We would have even bought you lunch! :lol:

Jack & Sandi

PS: I see SnomoGary is reading at this time. How are you doing over yonder Gary?

Edited by revct1

Another thing that happened that I never thought about was this. As you saw in one of Ray's picture were the cases of beer in the sled. Two PQ police were at the event on sleds. On our way down the road the cops passed us hauling the trailer with the sleds in it. Just before we came to the intersection of 172 they were stopped with 2 additional cop cars parked on the side of the road with them. The cop motioned us to stop, which we did. He asked us if we had been drinking alcohol which we hadn't. I'll bet some guys/gals got busted. Two nice looking gals were walking around selling beer and the guys were like a bee on a posey.

Thanks for the pics and videos Ray!!

I must not understand ice very well, not sure how the sled is in the hole, but all the people and sled stand there and pull that sled out without the ice on the edge giving way! I know I wouldn't be standing on it that's for sure!

Don't feel bad about not understanding the ice. I didn't either. I was standing about 50' from it and I didn't want to get any closer. Friend of mine, Alain Spence, son of Jac Spence who owns the SD deale ship in Jonquiere, is on a 4 wheeler pulling the sled out of the water. You don't see him on the video Guy who sunk it also had to go back into the water to attach the tow strap. He must have thought that the water was laying on top of ice becasue he was just easing the sled along before it went in for it's bath. FYI, groomer and Jac Spence know each other. Groomer's Dad's SD dealership is the oldest SD dealership and Spence is #2. When I got back from the Winter Gathering. I went into Spence;s and showed Jac a picture of Groomer, that I had taken, and asked Jac if he knew this guy. He immediately told me it was Jean-Guy and that they had hunted moose together in the Gaspe. Everybody in Quebec knows JG, aka groomer and soon to be NJ. Ray's getting the plane ticket..

Don't feel bad about not understanding the ice. I didn't either. I was standing about 50' from it and I didn't want to get any closer. Friend of mine, Alain Spence, son of Jac Spence who owns the SD deale ship in Jonquiere, is on a 4 wheeler pulling the sled out of the water. You don't see him on the video Guy who sunk it also had to go back into the water to attach the tow strap. He must have thought that the water was laying on top of ice becasue he was just easing the sled along before it went in for it's bath. FYI, groomer and Jac Spence know each other. Groomer's Dad's SD dealership is the oldest SD dealership and Spence is #2. When I got back from the Winter Gathering. I went into Spence;s and showed Jac a picture of Groomer, that I had taken, and asked Jac if he knew this guy. He immediately told me it was Jean-Guy and that they had hunted moose together in the Gaspe. Everybody in Quebec knows JG, aka groomer and soon to be NJ. Ray's getting the plane ticket..

Hi Bill,

I have heard lots about you and I am sorry I didn't get to meet you this season! I made my first trip to see Jean-Guy a couple of weeks back. Just a great place and a great trip to meet (finally) a great friend that I have been emailing with for about a year now. I was the lucky recipient of 2+ days of back country riding and a private trip to the camp! I must say....I don't know of a better photographer and enjoy seeing all these great pictures!! I am not sure if Jean-Guy will drive him if he doesn't....so don't take no as an answer!

Let's plan to meet next season! Unless of course you go back to fish or ATV? I will be there again soon! lol

Linda

Hi Bill,

I have heard lots about you and I am sorry I didn't get to meet you this season! I made my first trip to see Jean-Guy a couple of weeks back. Just a great place and a great trip to meet (finally) a great friend that I have been emailing with for about a year now. I was the lucky recipient of 2+ days of back country riding and a private trip to the camp! I must say....I don't know of a better photographer and enjoy seeing all these great pictures!! I am not sure if Jean-Guy will drive him if he doesn't....so don't take no as an answer!

Let's plan to meet next season! Unless of course you go back to fish or ATV? I will be there again soon! lol

Linda

Linda

You need to come to Paradise and let me show you the Saguenay=Lac=St=Jean region. Plan on at least 6 days of riding, You should also plan to come to the Summer Gathering the 3rd weekend on July here inthe beautiful White Mts of NH. We usually get 25-30 QR members and have a great time. I'll be posting something on this in a couple of weeks.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I will plan on it Bill! The Paradise trip anyway!! I will look forward to hearing about the Summer Gathering as well!! thanks!!

Linda

Linda you can make it to the gathering. Just get that little red wagon out throw your fishing poles in and head out. Lots of great lakes in N.H. I 'm thinking about it if I can find a lake close enough to drop the Donzi in. No fish guts though in the boat lol!

Linda you can make it to the gathering. Just get that little red wagon out throw your fishing poles in and head out. Lots of great lakes in N.H. I 'm thinking about it if I can find a lake close enough to drop the Donzi in. No fish guts though in the boat lol!

David, Let's go!! If you can't find a lake...I will bring one! And yes...I know, no guts in the boat!! Best not give me any alcohol either then! lol

hi saguenay bill !!

here s the spot where he was hunting !!about 6-7 miles in straight line with my camp..east side ...in front of my camp...a bit to the right !!

i have nt seen jacques in years !!missed him when i worked for challenge kanada back in 96 !! i think i called him while in chicoutimi !!can t remember !!

jean-guy

• 3 weeks later...