Sneak Peek Allentown,PA

182ray

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work John! I ordered the same thing only with the Quick Adjusters so we can tell them apart lol!

Yahoooo Ski Doooooooooo

Yup !!!!! I did Next year I will be rolling on a MXZ Renegade X 800R e-Tec with the 3 year BEST warranty. So I got four more year of riding a 2 Stroke.

CrazySnow !!!!!

Good for you John, you're due for an upgrade and you deserve a new sled too. Last time we rode together you were always worried about popping a cylinder and paying the piper sorta speak way out in the middle of no where, when your confidence in your machine is at that level and you want to continue doing what we do here in QC retiring the old girl was the right thing

to do.

OH but Linda ohhh Linda Linda changing your sled already, only 6000klms on her and she's less than 6 monthes old, What gives????

Good for you John, you're due for an upgrade and you deserve a new sled too. Last time we rode together you were always worried about popping a cylinder and paying the piper sorta speak way out in the middle of no where, when your confidence in your machine is at that level and you want to continue doing what we do here in QC retiring the old girl was the right thing

to do.

OH but Linda ohhh Linda Linda changing your sled already, only 6000klms on her and she's less than 6 monthes old, What gives????

I will be honest...I don't know how to fix anything. I keep going further away and lots of times I am riding with people I don''t know very well. I don't want to be broken down. I did a quick math on my snowmobiling and discovered that at the end of the day...after the cost of the sled, service, repairs and carbides, sliders, belts, all that stuff....It works out to be the same if I keep it or trade it. The 25/25 rule didn't work for me this year (ride new for 2500 km for $2500) because I put on too many miles. When I picked up my 2012, I told them I would have the 2013 Renegade with R motion...they looked at me kind of funny...how do you know they will have that? So this year my 'sled' bill was just over $5000. I have girlfriends that have that in one earing lol. I don't want anything else. Just to go snowmobiling.

I chose the short track last year, loved it!! But...I found Jean-Guy and the Gaspesie, Snowfarmer and the rest of Quebec, rode a few with Timbo, Mubs, Andy, Steve and the gang....And I must say I am hooked!! Makes sense to go long track for this next season! I was very close actually to ordering from Halle's in Amqui, they had fabulous prices!! But then the service is a little far (15 hours if I don't stop)...so I am shopping 2 hours from home. However...I might spend next March in the Backcounty of Quebec!

I will be counting the days till the snow comes back (its actually snowing in Deubreville today lol, north of Sault Ste Marie) and saving my money so that I can ride from Dec-April as much as possible.

I am dropping the sleds off today and picking up my atv . Dropping the ice fishing and picking up the water fishing. Lets hope this summer sh$t passes quick!

Lindasledgirl

to do.

I just wasn't ready for a 4 stroke yet !!!!! let's hope the 800 e tec runs good. My old 800 power tek did !!!!

I just wasn't ready for a 4 stroke yet !!!!! let's hope the 800 e tec runs good. My old 800 power tek did !!!!

Hey John:

They run great just not for long... :rofl:

Hey John:

They run great just not for long... :rofl:

I konw that's what I'm afraid of !!!!! I got 7000 miles on my old 800 and still runs good. You know you can still break down even with a new machine !!!! Been there done that !!!! I guess it's all part of the Game.

I will be honest...I don't know how to fix anything. I keep going further away and lots of times I am riding with people I don''t know very well. I don't want to be broken down. I did a quick math on my snowmobiling and discovered that at the end of the day...after the cost of the sled, service, repairs and carbides, sliders, belts, all that stuff....It works out to be the same if I keep it or trade it. The 25/25 rule didn't work for me this year (ride new for 2500 km for $2500) because I put on too many miles. When I picked up my 2012, I told them I would have the 2013 Renegade with R motion...they looked at me kind of funny...how do you know they will have that? So this year my 'sled' bill was just over $5000. I have girlfriends that have that in one earing lol. I don't want anything else. Just to go snowmobiling.

I chose the short track last year, loved it!! But...I found Jean-Guy and the Gaspesie, Snowfarmer and the rest of Quebec, rode a few with Timbo, Mubs, Andy, Steve and the gang....And I must say I am hooked!! Makes sense to go long track for this next season! I was very close actually to ordering from Halle's in Amqui, they had fabulous prices!! But then the service is a little far (15 hours if I don't stop)...so I am shopping 2 hours from home. However...I might spend next March in the Backcounty of Quebec!

I will be counting the days till the snow comes back (its actually snowing in Deubreville today lol, north of Sault Ste Marie) and saving my money so that I can ride from Dec-April as much as possible.

I am dropping the sleds off today and picking up my atv . Dropping the ice fishing and picking up the water fishing. Lets hope this summer sh$t passes quick!

Lindasledgirl

Linda

You'd be surprised at how many men out there riding a sled know absolutely nothing about it or what to do when a little hic up happens. It's always good to have a basic knowledge of the simple things that can be troubleshooted or repaired on the trail, simple stuff like recognizing when a plug fouls and how to change it, understanding the sound of a belt just before it rips apart in pieces through out your cab ,checking the chaincase oil level.

I have rode with guys that never even brought a spark plug wrench with them and entirely depend on others to bail them out when in trouble.

There are still men out there that don't know how to change a spare tire, these guys very well may be riding a sled on there down time and won't even know how to change a belt or a plug.

Beware Linda, know who you ride with and their knowledge above all try to be independant as possible.

Good luck with your new ride, long track the way to go.

JG

I have rode with guys that never even brought a spark plug wrench with them and entirely depend on others to bail them out when in trouble.

Didn't know you needed to change spark plugs on a 4 stroke....

I konw that's what I'm afraid of !!!!! I got 7000 miles on my old 800 and still runs good. You know you can still break down even with a new machine !!!! Been there done that !!!! I guess it's all part of the Game.

The REV platform is good for 10000 miles. Just make sure the header bolts are secure as they tend to loosen and fall off at this point.

Congratz on the new sled purchases!

I must say I like the new LinQ System Fast and easy !!!!!

:clapping: nice

Interesting. Wonder how expensive this new system is? Like the idea of the non CARB can. Too bad I can't get these in NY.

Thanks for the pictures, John.

Edited by hparaptor

Linda

You'd be surprised at how many men out there riding a sled know absolutely nothing about it or what to do when a little hic up happens. It's always good to have a basic knowledge of the simple things that can be troubleshooted or repaired on the trail, simple stuff like recognizing when a plug fouls and how to change it, understanding the sound of a belt just before it rips apart in pieces through out your cab ,checking the chaincase oil level.

There are still men out there that don't know how to change a spare tire, these guys very well may be riding a sled on there down time and won't even know how to change a belt or a plug.

Beware Linda, know who you ride with and their knowledge above all try to be independant as possible.

JG

Hi JG!

Thanks for the note. I must say that I am sure I know how to change the belt, just haven't even done it once. I just put a new one on at the beginning of the season, and have yet to blow one. I guess I am afraid that if I am ever too much work, I won't get to go! I always write into my sled purchase that I get an hour with the mechanic in the shop going over everything. Last years R Motion, I took notes and still didn't 'catch' it all lol

Oh well, I learn as much as I can and ride with lots of good people! I am not afraid to ask for help, just rather not have to.

I can't wait to try this new Rmotion in the Renegade!! The hinged snow flap was designed with me in mind I am sure lol and yes...anyone that has helped me with my bags, will love the new Q bags! lol

Lets hope the snow is ready early this year! Soon, I will be counting the sleeps!

LIndasledgirl

Linda

JG

If your going to buy a Skidoo, a mechanics course is mandatory. lol!!! Just kidding, I couldn't resist.

Linda,

If you plan on buying a longer track sled for next season and plan on riding more off trail, changing a belt will become more common. I ride 95% on the trail so am much like you in that I never have to change it otherthan putting a new on at the beginning of the season. My season is not done yet, planning on still going to Mont Valin for one last run. Not expecting anything fantastic but there is still snow in the mountains.

Interesting. Wonder how expensive this new system is? Like the idea of the non CARB can. Too bad I can't get these in NY.

Order it online from dealer that can sell them, or eBay?

I'm not saying to not support your local dealer, but one item....

Later

GutZ

If your going to buy a Skidoo, a mechanics course is mandatory. lol!!! Just kidding, I couldn't resist.

Linda,

If you plan on buying a longer track sled for next season and plan on riding more off trail, changing a belt will become more common. I ride 95% on the trail so am much like you in that I never have to change it otherthan putting a new on at the beginning of the season. My season is not done yet, planning on still going to Mont Valin for one last run. Not expecting anything fantastic but there is still snow in the mountains.

Hi Fozzy!!

Well sure! Toss a little dig...that's ok, I can handle it! I have been down the Yamaha trail...it was too heavy and rode on one ski! At my age , the CAT won't work!! And POLARIS? Well lets just say I have way too much 'ski doo' stuff. So, yes, I love my Doo!

I hope never to be alone and change a belt, but I am sure I could do it! I am mostly on the trail anyways. I did however really enjoy my trip with Groomer for a small taste of the untamed snow...didn't look like it would be that deep lol. Anyways...he got it out ! lol

Sure...now that you know I have traded in my sled, why not mention Valin!! ARGH!!! I am about to put the ATV and fishing crap in the trailer. Have to give it up...I am now "Sledless in Sarnia" lol.

Until it snows again!

Lindasledgirl

I have the cataloge with the bags for next year. Most of them are around $139, even the gas can. I get 20% off my first order with the sled, if anyone wants me to get them bags....pm me.

Once I spend 10 minutes figuring out how to post the pictures in here again...I will post some!

Lindasledgirl

Hi JG!

Thanks for the note. I must say that I am sure I know how to change the belt, just haven't even done it once. I just put a new one on at the beginning of the season, and have yet to blow one. I guess I am afraid that if I am ever too much work, I won't get to go! I always write into my sled purchase that I get an hour with the mechanic in the shop going over everything. Last years R Motion, I took notes and still didn't 'catch' it all lol

Oh well, I learn as much as I can and ride with lots of good people! I am not afraid to ask for help, just rather not have to.

I can't wait to try this new Rmotion in the Renegade!! The hinged snow flap was designed with me in mind I am sure lol and yes...anyone that has helped me with my bags, will love the new Q bags! lol

Lets hope the snow is ready early this year! Soon, I will be counting the sleeps!

LIndasledgirl

It's a always good to practice in the garage at home, understanding how to follow through and knowing what tools are needed to complete the task. From there the tools can be accounted for and stored on the sled for security and the knowledge aswell.

Fozzy's right about the belt, when riding offtrail the sled will work harder and so will the belt.

I have been very lucky with my Apex, my first belt lasted 16000 klms, changed my slides and carbides for the first time at 12000 klms, mind you i bought good quality ones and kept the sled in snow from day one. Spark plugs, chaincase oil, motor oil and filter change at the beginning of every season. Runs like deer. I ride the sled in the trail only, i have another for offtrail.

What are Q bags? I remember a time when i used to use a spider web bungy cord to tie down a hiking back pack on my gas tank for luggage. Technology.

JG

What are Q bags? I remember a time when i used to use a spider web bungy cord to tie down a hiking back pack on my gas tank for luggage. Technology.

JG

trailblazer....I already own luggage(saddle bags) and that`s what i will use next winter .... spider web bungy cord (cargo net)

The system is called LinQ. Developed first for BRP's 4 wheelers. Now available for the sleds. I have all the old style bags but my dealer through in the mounting brackets for LinQ as welll as a bag or gas can. So...for those that have seen my pack...I will be the one on the trail with a LinQ with the spider web bungy holding my new older style bags that I bought this year! lol...

I think Snowfarmer said I need a Sherpa??? !!! I don't know, someone to carry all my stuff lol

Anyways...we have a few months to figure out what we are going to load up on...but I am going with last years plan I think. Studs and Cobra Carbides and knee pads. oh and i need to get the gps, Quebec maps card, Quebec, Michigan and Ontario pass (if you live in some wonderful place that has lots of snow and it requires another trail pass...don't call me!! I will be broke!).. Is that it? OH yes...wait, mirrors and an air mattress!

Linda

.... spider web bungy cord (cargo net)

...I will be the one on the trail with a LinQ with the spider web bungy holding my new older style bags that I bought this year! lol...

Linda

Ok Ok!! i get it now :unknw: ..........well it looks like a spider web.

I hate the spider web one actually....Way too much work! I just didn't want to complicate the thread and mess up Mid Range. lol :sorry:

Snowfarmer has really neat straps...hopefully he will pipe in here and tell us what they are called. Work better than anything else!

Order it online from dealer that can sell them, or eBay?

I'm not saying to not support your local dealer, but one item....

Later

GutZ

Thought of this after ordering the can... will do on the next purchase! Thanks for the advice.

I have the cataloge with the bags for next year. Most of them are around $139, even the gas can. I get 20% off my first order with the sled, if anyone wants me to get them bags....pm me.

Once I spend 10 minutes figuring out how to post the pictures in here again...I will post some!

Lindasledgirl

Thanks for the offer. I've standardized on mounting the bag on the seat (2005 vintage) and will consider another style once this falls apart.