SledMagazine.com check it out

Greg du Vermont

I invite Quebec Riders to check out the snowmobile web magazine SledMagazine.com and to share it with others who enjoy the incomparable passion of snowmobiling.

Over the past year SledMagazine.com has significantly increased its “unique to SledMagazine.com” content and widely expanded it’s targeted market and readers .

SledMagazine.com began as an English sister site to Quebec’s well known, respected and most viewed snowmobile web magazine Motoneiges.ca. SledMagazine.com’s original target audience was predominantly the English speaking provinces of Ontario and New Brunswick with mostly translated content related to Quebec.

SledMagazine.com now offers unique content specifically relevant to American Quebec Riders and snowmobilers who enjoy riding destinations and experiences throughout Northeastern US and Canada.

News from across Northeastern US and Canada

Articles written by passionate snowmobilers like you on topics ranging from unique riding experiences to the emotion of our sport

Real world product reviews of accessories and gear

Location, club, accommodation, service and up to date trail condition information (Quebec at this time)

Sneak Peek and Snow Shoot experiences from what’s new to coolest accessories to best picks

Season long updates on the long term trials of 7 high impact snowmobiles for the 2013 season

I would like to thank the many Quebec Riders, who were generous in offering their feedback for site and experience improvements. With your input and recommendations SledMagazine.com’s 2013 presentation format has been upgraded to make it easier to read and easier to navigate.

I invite Quebec Riders who have an interest in sharing your snowmobiling experiences or news as a collaborator with SledMagazine.com to contact me with your ideas at gregduvermont@motoneiges.ca

I hope that you enjoy your SledMagazine.com experience and that our site is able to earn your return visits and bookmark. Your feedback and comments on SledMagazine.com are always welcomed and appreciated. I look forward to your comments

SledMagazine.com a proud supporter of Quebecrider.com

post-174-0-59340300-1351264551.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current articles include...........

Greg's "Thoughts from the beach"

Get ready, get set

Long term trial sleds annoucements

Marc Thibault's Snow Shoot favorites

Tek Vest skeptics

Snow Shoot "Spotlight Ski-doo"

as well as news items from across the Northeast

SledMagazine.com Friend us on facebook :clapping:

post-174-0-65068000-1351693265_thumb.jpg

Sign up for your chance to win quality free stuff on SledMagazine.com When you sign up you will be putting yourself on the list to receive the SledMagazine e-newsletter 4 times throughout the sledding season

Drawing will be held November 20th so sign up now. You can't win if you don't play.

http://www.sledmagazine.com/actions/page?docId=5411&ctx=snowmobile&p=Sign%20in%20for%20our%20newsletter%20and%20participate%20in%20the%20draw%20of%20several%20prizes

After you sign up, Check out Philippe Soucy's new article on 509's Evolution helmet and Aviation goggles. Very interesting.

For anyone who may have had difficulty please try again. Although I am not eligable to win, I just registered without a problem. On my first attempt, I did receive a message " that the state or province needed to be 5 characters or longer" Maybe this was the issue? Try spelling out your state. Don't abbreviate and If the state has only 4 letters, (ohio, iowa) I guess I would add "USA" .

Please let me know if you still have a problem

If you haven't signed up yet, check it out, great prizes! Let's have a QR as a winner

New articles throughout each week, scroll through and find something new. Several articles from "Snow Shoot" in West Yellowstone Montana coming up.

For anyone with ties to Vermont or an interest in the histories of organized snowmobiling. There is a new article up on SledMagazine.com on the recent passing of VAST founder Bill Oakes. It was my pleasure to honor Bill in this way and to share it with readers from across the Northeast. Also several antique snowmobile photos from this summers Shelburne Museum "Sleighs to Sleds" exhibit. If you visit, be sure to sign up for the free drawing.

New articles published on trail improvements in the Mauricie region for 2013 and Spotlight Polaris 2013. While you are there take a few moments to become familiar with the many available functions of the site. As soon as the snow flies this will be an excellent source of current trail conditions and important updates. Free drawing ends November 20th. Sign up.

Last day tio sign up for the free drawing at SledMagzine.com Tek Vest, Maxi grip studs, Rouski wheel system, Seat Jack, Snow Trackers and 2 CKX helmets.

http://www.sledmagazine.com/actions/page?docId=5411&ctx=Snowmobile&p=Sign%20in%20for%20our%20newsletter%20and%20participate%20in%20the%20draw%20of%20several%20prizes

Also several new articles up. "Look What Arrived" Polaris, long term trial model update and an "Experience Snow Shoot" article from Last March's media event in West Yellowstone.

• 2 weeks later...

QR buddy George "Je me souviens" was asking me about addtional details and highlights on the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region. SledMagazine.com has just published the final chapter of a trip report in this area. Columnist Pierre Tremblay did a nice job with his White gold country: articles. If you have interest in this area, you may find it of interest.

Throughout the season, SledMagazine.com publishes trail experience articles written by several of our 30 member team of Columnist and Collaborators. Always something new to be found on SledMagazine.com.

I can't wait to publish my feedback and experiences with the Polaris 800 Swicthback ProR LE as well as the 7 other long term trial sleds that the SledMagazine.com / Motoneiges.ca team will be reporting on this season.

As always, there is new content up on SledMagazine.com

"First Look" and "Pre Ride analysis of our long term trial Polaris Switchback and Assault models.

"First Look" on the Ski-doo 800 Renegade, by our good looking Columnist Karine Beaudoin

A new river crossing option

and an interesting "The game has changed....again" technology article

Can't wait for trail update / conditions information to join our content and news items

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.sledmagazine.com/actions/page?docId=5701&ctx=snowmobile&p=The%20outfitter%20Barrage%20Gouin%20(Pourvoirie%20Barrage%20Gouin)%20,%20ready%20to%20greet%20guests.

Very interesting article up on Pourvoirie du Barrage Gouin. Cool background information on the region and reservoir.

http://www.sledmagaz...0greet%20guests.

Very interesting article up on Pourvoirie du Barrage Gouin. Cool background information on the region and reservoir.

Nice report still have to check that out, Been by the trail to it a couple times but was never in the schedule

Great Story on Barrage Gouin.

Very friendly folks and a great place to stay.

First time there they gave us a GPS to use with the tracks on the reservoir to follow.

Quite an Adventure.

Lots of Off Trail action to be had there if you are into that.

Well worth the trip.

Glad that you like the Gouin story, I found the history interesting.

If you're looking for a good place to park your truck and trailer for a one or multi day trip? SledMagazine.com Columnist Louis Perron just put up an article identifying 63 Parking areas throughout Quebec. Complete with GPS coodinates. Good info.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.sledmagaz...0greet%20guests.

Nice article, staying there on the 24 the with a group of 6, can't wait. Good people and food !! and BEER

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.sledmagazine.com/actions/page?docId=5849&ctx=snowmobile&p=Grand%20Prix%20de%20Valcourt%202013%20:Greg%20Gilbert%20Experience%20!

Every year I try to pump up my fellow Quebec Riders into attending the great Grand Prix de Valcourt. Make this the year that you witness a true spectacle of motorsports competition. See you there. Feb 15-17

http://www.sledmagazine.com/actions/page?docId=5844&ctx=snowmobile&p=Admission-Free%20

• 2 weeks later...

SledMagazine.com is on site and close up for the Grand Prix weekend. Greg and Marc will be posting photos and video throughout the weekend. See how close we can get to the action. Check SledMagazine.com on facebook for our updates.

And.........don't forget to check the site next week as the maufacturers embargo dates expire on the 2014 news. 1st up Yamaha at 1pm on Feb 20. The article is written and ready to fly.

Facebook page photos from Sunday's Grand Prix de Valcourt by Fox finals are now up. Friend us to get notifications on new articles and photos.

Look for our "Big 2014 news from Yamaha" Wednesday 2/20 at 1pm EST on SledMagazine.com

Edited by Greg du Vermont

http://www.sledmagazine.com/actions/page?docId=6042

What's up pussy cat.

While I'm in Montana next week, check the SledMagazine.com facebook page for photos and ride notes for all the 2014 sleds.

Ride safe and ride a bunch. The memories will need to stay with you throughout a long summer.

The mid season report on the Polaris 800 Switchback ProR LE is up

http://www.sledmagazine.com/actions/page?docId=6062&ctx=snowmobile&p=Polaris%20800%20Switchback%20ProR%20LE%20Mid%20season%20report%20

Today is the first day of riding the 2014 models at Snow Shoot in West Yellowstone Montana.

Played with the ZR 7000 Sno Pro Limited this morning, very interesting. Feels and responds like a Cat with a very nice engine option. The balance was very nice. If you read the 2014 Arctic Cat and Yamaha articles on SM.com, you will recall that both the clutches and clutching calbrations are unique to AC or Yamaha. I am told that the Viper's feel will be distinctivly different. More later, as I will put time on the Vipers in the days to come.

Edited by Greg du Vermont