Planning a trip to Gaspe'

wulsock1

My dad and I are planning a trip to Gaspe' in early Febuary. Anyone have any sugestions? Must see things,places to stay, good places to eat..... We are coming from Northern NY and wiil cross the border at the Thousand Islands Bridge and head up from there. Dad has been looking at Montogomy as a starting point. Anyone know of a good place to leave the truck? Or maybe another town close to there that may be better? Any sugestions?

Thanks David.

We always start from the Universal in RDL, like Gutz said locked corral for trucks. About 1200 miles round the gaspe and back. Keep in mind Feb. is the busiest month in the Gaspe. We usually go end of March, Deep snow, no traffic, smoothe trails.Except last year, snow melted week before we where to leave. If you have never been there your in for a real treat!

We did the loop from RDL in 5 1/2 days, not pushing it (wife had to look at scenery!)

RDL is good, but the few times I have gone, I have started in Montmagmy. Not locked parking, but a quiet spot at Hotel 323 (I think that is the name). A little bit less time in the car and the trail passes through the parking lot. Skidoo dealer across the street.

RDL is good, but the few times I have gone, I have started in Montmagmy. Not locked parking, but a quiet spot at Hotel 323 (I think that is the name). A little bit less time in the car and the trail passes through the parking lot. Skidoo dealer across the street.

That's Motel 232. I believe 232 is the exit #. There is also Hotel L'Oiseliere [great place] and Hotel le Florimay [not so nice] on the same exit.

We tried starting in RDL (river du loop) last year, at the Universal, nice enclosed lot for Trucks and indoor heated garages for the sleds.

GutZ

I belive I remember your hotel in RDL last year, MrGutz. ;-)

Village Grande Nature Chic Chocs is a very nice spot to stay or Hotel Motel Mont Saint Pierre both very beautiful and scenic spots. A night in Perce is also nice, waking up looking out at the Rock. The Francis is a snowmobile friendly spot in the New Richmond area or the Interprovincial at Pointe a la Croix, both snowmobile friendly and good food.