Need info on trail 33 and places to stay

MFARJM

Artcat 900, myself and 4 others are planning a tour leaving from SDMS to Repo, Parent, Sennetier, Chibougamou, Lac Boushete on 355, Riviere Matawin, back to SMDS. We're planning to leave Thurs 1/24/13

There was talk about 33 being closed from 360 to Repo. We rode thru there on Jan 7 and it was great! A little slush on 1 of the lakes. Is it open now?

Does anyone know the name and phone number of the lodge in Lac Boushette on 355 north of Lac Edourd?

Anyone stay in Parent other than the Central? I think I remember a motel about 2-4 blocks away.

Any favorite places to stay in Sennetiere or Chibougmou?

Thanks, Jeff

Lac Bouchette has Auberge Eva 418-348-6832 never stayed but looks nice price is reasonable. Its on the north side of lake after gas just off the lake crossing. If coming south then just before the lake crossing.

Parent never stayed there its motel central or there is some private chalet i've seen but got no info for that. Sorry.

Seneterre has motel senabi 819-737-2327

Or motel belle villa 819-737-2331

I prefer motel Senabi but both have no restaurant so you need short Cab ride to eat or order in.

Chibougamau Motel Nordic 418-748-7686

There are others but Nordic is my choice.

Edited by iceman

At Parent you can rent a cottage 75.00$ +10.00 each Ombre du Vent (2-3 km)

an for dinner au new place ( but old) La Station just beside Hotel central

A another motel, the name is ???? http://www.allianced...om/crbst_4.html

Around Chibougamou you have Motel Capisissit, at Oujé Bougoumou, Indian Cree Nice place , But no beer or wine there :nea: look on my photo-report with Alain

http://www.ouje.ca/hotel/index-fr.php and new museum to visit

Edited by Coyote

I think the other motel in Parent used to be called the 4 seasons. Stayed there already, rooms a little nicer but no food right there. I would follow Coyote's advice and take the cottages there. Never stayed there but plan to try the next time

I would follow Coyote's advice and take the cottages there. Never stayed there but plan to try the next time

Coyotes bring us there 2 years ago. We had rent 1 half of this one...

DSC09404.jpg

very nice cottages, the price is cheap and you can split the bill with your partners...

DSC09400.jpg

As for the #33, it's because of logging they close it... Denis at Cabanon had told me few weeks ago that it was planned to have some logging there but it was supposed to affect the trail just for a very short time. I don't had newer update on that...

Alain

Edited by towing

Rode the 33 earlier this month as well not sure whats up now with it.

I was on trail 33 on the 5th of January and it was very good. Came back down from being up north on the 9th and it was terrible. They have plowed a significant portion of it down to the dirt. Must be doing some logging operations. There were no signs or indicators present. I actually almost piled my sled up as I come around a bend that was on the way down a hill on a real nice freshly groomed section and the snow plow driver pushed a bunch of snow up into the trail. Launched my sled and almost lost control. After getting through that section, we came across the next section that was actually opened up with a a loader. There was no snow on the sides or left for the snowmobiler.

At Parent you can rent a cottage 75.00$ +10.00 each Ombre du Vent (2-3 km)

an for dinner au new place ( but old) La Station just beside Hotel central

A another motel, the name is ???? http://www.allianced...om/crbst_4.html

Around Chibougamou you have Motel Capisissit, at Oujé Bougoumou, Indian Cree Nice place , But no beer or wine there :nea: look on my photo-report with Alain

http://www.ouje.ca/hotel/index-fr.php and new museum to visit

I would continue through Parent and ride another 66 miles and stay at Clova. Neat place, good people and good food. You will need a reservation though. There number is on the FCMQ Map.

Just got back from LaCabanon. 33 is not being groomed right now from the 360 intersection to Repos, but some people were getting through. This made the 345 to Repos a mess on Saturday the 19th. Dennis at Lacabanon said another week or so and it should be opened back up. There was around 8 inches of new snow that fell Saturday night into Sunday morning. Also 63 is closed through Tremblant. Dennis did not know when that would be open again. Something about a beaver dam and flooding. It was taped off and no signs of a groomer or sled tracks down that trail when we passed the intersection of 33 and 63 in Mt Tremblant Park, on the way to St Donat.

The 63 intersection has been moved up the trail 5km or so. 63 is fully opened all the way to L'Annonciation, no problem at all. All clearly marked. 33 is marked and open all the way, just not groomed.

Just got back from LaCabanon. 33 is not being groomed right now from the 360 intersection to Repos, but some people were getting through. This made the 345 to Repos a mess on Saturday the 19th. Dennis at Lacabanon said another week or so and it should be opened back up. There was around 8 inches of new snow that fell Saturday night into Sunday morning. Also 63 is closed through Tremblant. Dennis did not know when that would be open again. Something about a beaver dam and flooding. It was taped off and no signs of a groomer or sled tracks down that trail when we passed the intersection of 33 and 63 in Mt Tremblant Park, on the way to St Donat.