Valin 2013

KrazyKanuc62

Amazing job Charles! Wish I had an acting role in it! Glad you all had fun and got home safely.

My only problem with the film is that there were no track or ski marks on the right edge of the trails where they all belong!

KEEP RIGHT AND LIVE!

Thanks for sharing!

See you soon,

Tom

Edited by Florida Snowman

Amazing job Charles! Wish I had an acting role in it! Glad you all had fun and got home safely.

My only problem with the film is that there were no track or ski marks on the right edge of the trails where they all belong!

KEEP RIGHT AND LIVE!

Thanks for sharing!

See you soon,

Tom

Thanks,

When I have an open trail I ride the whole trail, we were also heading up to a look out and were the 1st on the trail so impossible for anybody to be coming down, just sayin

Thanks,

When I have an open trail I ride the whole trail, we were also heading up to a look out and were the 1st on the trail so impossible for anybody to be coming down, just sayin

With all due respect I agree with Tom. Ride right always. I have had people come opposite direction on my side of the trail when I thought it was impossible to have anyone there. Nice video.

Andy

We may all be guilty of it at one time or another, but parking 2 wide across any trail and not riding right can sometimes end badly. Like Andy we have come across sleds where we would have sworn we had the whole area to ourselves. Often these apparent 1 way trails have another way in/out the locals are clued into. Sometimes a camp road access and the like. Always got to try to leave as many options as possible, especially in Quebec.

Looks like a good time was had by all for sure!

I won't speak for the behavior of others, but anyone who rides this time of year needs to understand conditions are different than the regular season, on both sides of the trail. Most people I ride with know I extend the trail with my ski as much as possible on the right, it's part of the challenge and fun, but this time of year trails are different and you have to compensate. Water/stream crossings just start to freeze up and to the right are not frozen. Other trails on the right have many stumps and rocks which need more base for the groomer to reach, so they are soft and collapse easily. I've been burned twice trying to widen early season trails since they are so narrow, but at 20 mph it doesn't take much for $1k+ in damage. So this time of year, you have to slow down and favor the middle of the trail when required. Clearly when you are on Bras Louis, there's no excuse for running the center, or when stopping and taking the entire trail with 4 sleds side by side.

Every year I say I'm going to move closer to the center, but instinct pulls me to the right and I get burned. Hopefully this year is different, but I'll find out next weekend. Last Dec 14, I went through this section of trail twice before at higher speed, but the third time I was out further to the right and hit a flat vertical rock just behind the mirror on the left. I'm done widening the trail this time of year. It's simply a different type of riding, similar to a single file run in the bush.

Great to ride with ya krazykunuc62 lots of fun and many more miles ( I mean smiles)

Great meeting and riding with you guys also....wont be long until we ride again...cheers after this weekend I should be able to check the trail from my place to the gathering