What are your favorite trailside food stops?

MXZ700RIDER

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X2 on Obrien's Pub. One of my favorite breakfast spots.

mike

X3 on O'Briens Pub A good place to get thawed out after leaving Amos in the dark with temps around -30

Mike when we walked in there didn't we get the you guys are nuts stare?

Cheese Doodles & Coke & Combos from the vending machines & Atkins bars & Tylenol at the saw mill between Lac St jean & Chibougamau (note to self: check the cafeteria hours prior to departure if you want their yummy chicken soup & hot chicken sandwich with green peas & gravy)...

post-181-0-10787500-1396830365_thumb.jpg

Stayed at a spot in Amos in 2013 that had great food and kick-ass sized glass of draught!! Some of the esteemed gentleman in the picture may remember the name of the spot. Best I can do, I don't take many supper pictures. LOL

post-5-0-04022300-1396831490_thumb.jpg

Stayed at a spot in Amos in 2013 that had great food and kick-ass sized glass of draught!! Some of the esteemed gentleman in the picture may remember the name of the spot. Best I can do, I don't take many supper pictures. LOL

attachicon.gifIMG_7740.JPG

That is at Hotel Eskers. The resto is Le Chat'O. Shhh. Don't tell everyone.

Ray and I have spent many a Valentine Day's dinner together (lol

This place somewhere near Valdor had a curtain that went across the booth for privacy. We declined. Meal was great as was the wine. Hopefully Ray can remember the name of the hotel/restaurant.

post-70-0-59797600-1396835177_thumb.jpg

Ray and I have spent many a Valentine Day's dinner together (lolThis place somewhere near Valdor had a curtain that went across the booth for privacy. We declined. Meal was great as was the wine. Hopefully Ray can remember the name of the hotel/restaurant.

Hmmm??? A place where they were going to pull a curtain across the booth to give you privacy......were there ladies dancing around at the same time?? How many Valentines have you two spent together? LOL

Yes, how could I forget Lou Lou's. Surf and Turf was $19. Prime Rib Thursdays was $10. NHSM we definatly crossed paths back then. I remember one night hearing a couple gun shots 3am late 80's. Next morning found out it was owners son shooting at potential thieves trying to get our sleds on left end of motel.

We were a big group and always had the sunroom tables reserved at breakfast and supper.Our group started in the basement rooms and then took up the whole top floor after it was built.

Remember Don Auger and Millie from the 80's? He had room # 1 for the whole winter and kept his sleds up there.

The owner at Lou Lou's said us snowmobilers were never happy....it's too cold....it's too warm...not enough snow...too much snow. lol

Gaston was quite a nice guy that owned the cabannon before Dennis. And Lac Clair before it burned down and Real Masse bought the place was run by generator and had gas lights.Remember the Pappion and lake of the pines and pied de la chute on lakeToro before the trail stopped going there?

Lots of changes up there.

The best thing that happened was getting rid of the berm in the middle of the trail.We didn't like it at first.but came to really like it as it spreads out the traffic on the trail and it can take a lot more traffic before getting bumpy and back then there was no where near the suspension the sleds have now.

Edited by NSHM

NSHM, Wow, lots of memories coming back to me. Thanks. That's a great picture but don't think I ever saw her smile lol. I do remember her throwing the plate of food on the table if she did not like you. hehe