Conditions

Saguenay Bill

Doc and I rode 165 miles today. Trails were great except for about 6 miles of 93 from the Shipshaw river towards St Honoree. Can't explain why. trails groomer both sides of it. Oh well, reminder me of why I don't ride NY anymore. Course in NY the trail would have been a 9. A few pics from today.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today we did the ``Clermont Express`` 83 & 3 were as good as I've seen them for awhile. Like riding a interstate on snow. we started to go East on 3 to St.-Simeon but Justin had some Shield icing issues, so we headed back to Clermont for lunch. Up 383 & Stopped by the fihing huts in La Baie. 255 mi. Trails 9.5-10. Warmer weather tommorow,were headed for Mt. Valin

Mike, Thanks for the offer but suspension good now. Did.nt notice the backshift to much today,Never let off the gas!! Just kiddin.

Deano

Rode to Mt Valin today.Left 8:30 in at 3:30 206 mi. today. It was snowing on Mt Valin when we left.1st rain we hit was St Ambrose on way back. Light rain,no big. 93 & 367 were just groomed. Saw the new Bombi Groomer in action up on Mt Valin.That thing is huge. Deano

Last night we had about 12" of snow with winds up to 40MPH. Mikerider, the Ontario 5 and I rode 140 miles today. As long as you were in the woods it was great. But the fields had drifted. But tonight the fairy will come and fix all the trails up so they are nice and smooth. Spoke with a young fellow today about the kite snowboarding. He told us one guy was clocked on a GPS at 55MPH.Last night we had about 12" of snow with winds up to 40MPH. Mikerider, the Ontario 5 and I rode 140 miles today. As long as you were in the woods it was great. But the fields had drifted. But tonight the fairy will come and fix all the trails up so they are nice and smooth. Spoke with a young fellow today about the kite snowboarding. He told us one guy was clocked on a GPS at 55MPH.

Terry,

I did not race him. No, I signed up the owner of that beast to be my partner in the Cain s Quest race.

Because that beast can carry lots of items, our strategy will be to bring big meals of prime rib and lobster and good wine. We will then feed all the racers (when they catch up to us). The other racers will then feel like a nap, and we take off and win.

mike

Terry,

I did not race him. No, I signed up the owner of that beast to be my partner in the Cain s Quest race.

Because that beast can carry lots of items, our strategy will be to bring big meals of prime rib and lobster and good wine. We will then feed all the racers (when they catch up to us). The other racers will then feel like a nap, and we take off and win.

mike

Now that's some well thought out strategy!

Hopefully the other racers don't bring donuts!!!

Terry,

mike

Now that's some well thought out strategy!

Hopefully the other racers don't bring donuts!!!

Thats pretty good stuff right there. Deano

While having lunch at KM 31 today we got to meet the lovely waitress Marie-Pier Cyr and the cook, Andre Larouche

KM31 Now my stop of choice on Mt Valin.Talked to Marie last week while I was there. She lives in Chicoutimi, 4 days on @ KM31 then 4 days off. She's a nice kid. Deano

Mikerider and I rode 220 miles today. Trails were great, weather was great and the riding companion was great. Just another day here in Paraadise. Mike and I did some exploring today. I'm glad Christopher Columbus had better luck than Mike and I did. Had lunch at Relais du Lac Ceinture. Good food.