La Cache Closed!

smclelan

I see on the Chandler club website they are stating La Cache Relais on trail 595 is closed. It is showing that the trail is still open. Has anyone heard if this is something to be concerned about. Most sleds would struggle to go through the 595 without getting fuel somewhere along the way.

Edited by smclelan

The owner at La Cache had his son there for holidays when we were there in March. He said he would not be re-opening for the 2016 winter. He is retiring. Was pretty angry that they still had no electrical. Told us he gets no help to be open and so many snowmobilers complained about his fuel price. He told me nobody made an offer to buy so he is just closing.

We'll see

The owner at La Cache had his son there for holidays when we were there in March. He said he would not be re-opening for the 2016 winter. He is retiring. Was pretty angry that they still had no electrical. Told us he gets no help to be open and so many snowmobilers complained about his fuel price. He told me nobody made an offer to buy so he is just closing.

We'll see

I had a long talk with the son while he helped me fix some damage to my sled in March and that's pretty much what he said.20 plus years and they are done, time will tell !

Having to depend on the generator 24x7 for power has got to be a big worry and a big expense for owners. Also getting suppies and fuel delivered isn't easy. I have never stayed there - only gotten food + fuel.

Would be sad to see it boarded up. Hopefully someone ambitious steps in -