Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Hi Jean-Guy,

What else can we say that hasn't already been said?

You take pride in your "work" and we are the lucky recipients.

Thank you.

And to all the QuebecRiders, have a great summer and we will see you at the Gathering!

Jack & Sandi :drinks:

On the 'getting stuck' topic...you guys be the judge...look at the ski difference!! Never mind the track length!! I am not sure I (being the weak girl) shouldn't have had the Summit!!

Just sayin....lol

Hi Jean-Guy,

What else can we say that hasn't already been said?

You take pride in your "work" and we are the lucky recipients.

Thank you.

And to all the QuebecRiders, have a great summer and we will see you at the Gathering!

Jack & Sandi :drinks:

hi jack + sandi !!

big thanks for the comments !!

..and thank you for taking time to come at the gathering!!!great meeting both of you there !!

second pic ,sorry for the foot prints on the trail !! :lol:

jean-guy :drinks:

On the 'getting stuck' topic...you guys be the judge...look at the ski difference!! Never mind the track length!! I am not sure I (being the weak girl) shouldn't have had the Summit!!

Just sayin....lol

does nt matter to me !!when i ride off the trail ,i use my head ,not my skis !!! sorry i had to tell !!no insults for you at all!!i learned riding off the trail ALONE when i was about 12 y/o.

my dad always told me that everythings happen between the 2 ears !!

when you ride off the trail ,you must think ahead ,before getting in troubles !! 6'' wide skis or 6' wide ,no difference !!

you must think when you ride off the trail,thats the difference between a good and bad rider !!i experienced that when i worked for challenge kanada .the guy who was with me for both winters ,learned me how to swear !!

does nt matter to me !!when i ride off the trail ,i use my head ,not my skis !!! sorry i had to tell !!no insults for you at all!!i learned riding off the trail ALONE when i was about 12 y/o.

my dad always told me that everythings happen between the 2 ears !!

when you ride off the trail ,you must think ahead ,before getting in troubles !! 6'' wide skis or 6' wide ,no difference !!

you must think when you ride off the trail,thats the difference between a good and bad rider !!i experienced that when i worked for challenge kanada .the guy who was with me for both winters ,learned me how to swear !!

Nice picture Jean-Guy!

And I know, I was just playing with you...had to come up with some kind of reason you were so much better than the rest of us at not getting stuck. And after being stuck on the mountain and getting rescued by the 'kid' Simon....I know its all skill and really makes little difference what you sled you have. One guy blew past us on a 550 fan, the other kid on an older model firecat!

Linda :drinks:

In search of information

on a trip I wanted to take

you found me in doo talk

that, was a big mistake!

You brought me to Quebec Rider

and helped me find my way

You are the very reason

I came to the Gaspesie! (say gas pes eh so it rhymes lol)

Well respected by all

Everyone knows who you are

and they come in from everywhere

to see you at that bar!

Who is this Groomer fellow

With a camera in his bag

His trails are all spectacular

and so is his snowy drag!

I had a taste of heaven

with trails that never end

didn't want to leave there

but all good things must end

So as the snow is surely melting

and we all say 'Tabernak'!!

enjoy your peaceful moments

cause I'll be coming back!

Well done Linda

In search of information

on a trip I wanted to take

you found me in doo talk

that, was a big mistake!

You brought me to Quebec Rider

and helped me find my way

You are the very reason

I came to the Gaspesie! (say gas pes eh so it rhymes lol)

Well respected by all

Everyone knows who you are

and they come in from everywhere

to see you at that bar!

Who is this Groomer fellow

With a camera in his bag

His trails are all spectacular

and so is his snowy drag!

I had a taste of heaven

with trails that never end

didn't want to leave there

but all good things must end

So as the snow is surely melting

and we all say 'Tabernak'!!

enjoy your peaceful moments

cause I'll be coming back!

very nice linda :good:

jean guy thanks for the great trails and info u give us throughout the year if it wasent for you the gaspe would not be what it is today and most of us here would of never met im glad to call you my friend

coldsmoke

now try to save some wine for andy lol

Thanks Trailblazer and Cold Smoke! I told Jean Guy I haven't put a poem together in years, this one kind of just fell out of my brain. I had lots of good material to work with! What a trip!! One I will never forget!! Thanks!

There's not enough words that can be said for the amount of effort you have put into your work on your trail system and all those photos posted on the net for everyone to view, you truly are an ambassador to the sport.

It was nice to have met you Jean-Guy and to have that opportuntity to visit your cabin, my last visit to the Gaspe i was invited to a cabin for a few days with some guys out of Amqui, the cabin was somewhere between Amqui and Kedgewick,NB in that area. What i remember the most was eating so much moose when i was there, moose steak, moose sausage you name it, it was all good. My parents are from the maritimes and they do get some moose from time to time from family but it never tasted as good as was the prepared moose i ate in the Gaspe. Mmmm Mmmm. My next visit i'll trade you some partridge for some moose, how about it?

Too bad about the weather this year, i was looking forward to a year ender in the Gaspe and introducing you to some friends from home. Thanks again for everything JG and have a nice summer.

We will cross pathes again

Ciou

JG

P.S.

The winner of Cains Quest....his name is Jean-Guy. LOL

Nice picture Jean-Guy!

And I know, I was just playing with you...had to come up with some kind of reason you were so much better than the rest of us at not getting stuck. And after being stuck on the mountain and getting rescued by the 'kid' Simon....I know its all skill and really makes little difference what you sled you have. One guy blew past us on a 550 fan, the other kid on an older model firecat!

Linda :drinks:

if you don t mind !!...ha!!ha!!!....i could give you ''off the trail riding '' private lessons !! :lol: .....for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!ha!!ha!!!

you ll be in good hands with a gaspesian !! :lol:

ps:if it takes long to reply ,my connection problem came back last night !!

jean guy thanks for the great trails and info u give us throughout the year if it wasent for you the gaspe would not be what it is today and most of us here would of never met im glad to call you my friend

coldsmoke

now try to save some wine for andy lol

hi coldsmoke !!

merci for the comments !!big thanks for coming up at the gathering and big ''bonjour'' to your dad !!

it s with great people like you that keep me going !!grooming is no vacations !!i don t know how many hrs this season ,but i can tell you ,probably the lowest for sleeping hrs !!crazy !!many nights of 2-3 hrs of sleeping !!

....maybe i spend too much time on qr !!

blue sky today,colder ,and wiiiiiiiiiiindy !!!

There's not enough words that can be said for the amount of effort you have put into your work on your trail system and all those photos posted on the net for everyone to view, you truly are an ambassador to the sport.

It was nice to have met you Jean-Guy and to have that opportuntity to visit your cabin, my last visit to the Gaspe i was invited to a cabin for a few days with some guys out of Amqui, the cabin was somewhere between Amqui and Kedgewick,NB in that area. What i remember the most was eating so much moose when i was there, moose steak, moose sausage you name it, it was all good. My parents are from the maritimes and they do get some moose from time to time from family but it never tasted as good as was the prepared moose i ate in the Gaspe. Mmmm Mmmm. My next visit i'll trade you some partridge for some moose, how about it?

Too bad about the weather this year, i was looking forward to a year ender in the Gaspe and introducing you to some friends from home. Thanks again for everything JG and have a nice summer.

We will cross pathes again

Ciou

JG

P.S.

The winner of Cains Quest....his name is Jean-Guy. LOL

hi trailblazer !!!

after so many posts and laughs here on qr ,great meeting at the gathering !!im very happy that you ve able to see my camp !!

My next visit i'll trade you some partridge for some moose, how about it.....sorry ,i don t eat wood meat ,ha!ha!.....buuuuuuuuuuuuuut one day ,if you want some ,let me know in advance,i have some friends here who would very happy ,i hope to give you some !!

thanks for the comments !!

look closely at the first pic ,no foot prints !! :p

if you don t mind !!...ha!!ha!!!....i could give you ''off the trail riding '' private lessons !! :lol: .....for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!ha!!ha!!!

you ll be in good hands with a gaspesian !! :lol:

ps:if it takes long to reply ,my connection problem came back last night !!

I would love more lessons from you Jean-Guy!! You sure know your stuff out there, no doubt about it!! And yes...I know I am in good hands! You are a perfect gaspesian gentleman! Ha!

And never worry...I can always wait for the connection to improve!

Linda :yahoo:

I think we are done! However...I am still packed up and ready to ride if someone finds some rideable snow!! I can bring a sled for Jean-Guy! He is my 'guide'!

Linda

Are we done for the year up there, I can't figure out if these are new or old pics.. This heat is torture!!!

CHeers.

hi nine2nine !!

whoops !!,sorry ,all ''old pics '' since my ''thank you '' post.first cold day here since last wednesday or thursday a week ago.

0c and blue sky today!!

well ,we 're done for this season !!it has been very warm here since a few days.for sure ,still some snow in the ''interior ''but i guess you won t able to ''connect '' with other trails !!

i expect to bring back the machine in albertville very soon !!!....while it s cold !!

hi nine2nine !!

whoops !!,sorry ,all ''old pics '' since my ''thank you '' post.first cold day here since last wednesday or thursday a week ago.

0c and blue sky today!!

well ,we 're done for this season !!it has been very warm here since a few days.for sure ,still some snow in the ''interior ''but i guess you won t able to ''connect '' with other trails !!

Thanks for all your hard work, we actually got up for the first time in Feb, you had things looking 110%, trips are in the works for 2013.

i expect to bring back the machine in albertville very soon !!!....while it s cold !!

I would love more lessons from you Jean-Guy!! You sure know your stuff out there, no doubt about it!! And yes...I know I am in good hands! You are a perfect gaspesian gentleman! Ha!

And never worry...I can always wait for the connection to improve!

Linda :yahoo:

speechless!!!no comments !!!! :lol::lol:

you should recognize p 1 and p 2 !!!

thanks for the comments nine2nine !!

very early this morning,b i l ,nephew + friends went up 40 miles east from here on the logging road.unloaded the sleds and up toward trail 595 + faribault camp.

snow melted like hell ,even already dirt spots.great riding early in the morning ,then turned to cold and not too funny !!!

tons of water !!

the end !!

phil-jackstraw-speedy and the other one who pm ed me a few days ago ,you took the right decision !!

not sure if i should say ,enjoy the pics !!

trail was really in bad shape !!very slow !!

left around 8 am,arrived in albertville at 12:10 pm !!

i saw only one rabbit on the trail ,few miles before the clubhouse !! :lol:

once back in town,i stopped at the grocery for my diner and supper and i included a bottle of wine to celebrate a bit the end of the season !!! :)

so,tonight,no pm,no posts ,no e mails ,no info available !!! :lol::lol:

Great pictures Jean-Guy! But sad to see the season at an end for your area!! You deserve a break! Enjoy!

Linda

unbelievable!! :o

hey rob ,hope you re going to read this,almost forgot you !!

im no computer guru at all,but big thanks once again to give me the chance to '' bulldoze '' your server real good with tons and tons and tons and tons of pics !!

cheers from the gaspesie !!

very appreciated!!!

jean-guy

Unfortunatley you are right, strange being home as we planned to be there.

Anyway those pictures are very cool just would rather you have taken them on April 15th... :)

Thank you for everything...Enjoy the wine... :drinks:

the end !!

phil-jackstraw-speedy and the other one who pm ed me a few days ago ,you took the right decision !!

not sure if i should say ,enjoy the pics !!

trail was really in bad shape !!very slow !!

left around 8 am,arrived in albertville at 12:10 pm !!

i saw only one rabbit on the trail ,few miles before the clubhouse !! :lol:

once back in town,i stopped at the grocery for my diner and supper and i included a bottle of wine to celebrate a bit the end of the season !!! :)

so,tonight,no pm,no posts ,no e mails ,no info available !!! :lol::lol:

Groomer

Sad but true-season ended way too early!

Have a great summer-we will see you next season!

Speedy