Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

That's one frozen lookin Gaspesian beard!! Glad you are having a good time teasing us that are stuck with the green grass sunshine and daffodils!!

Haha!!

Linda

hi linda !!

best ''full face''' .. on the market !!!......ha!!ha!!

great time at the lake !!

jean-guy

Good memory jean guy! Will be here all week.87 degrees and sunny. New smart phone, was trying to post a pic. Th phonw is smarter then me lol!

about 38f .......here .haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

still cloudy with a few fleurries !!

as you can see ,not much peoples here on the ''beach '' !!! :rolleyes:

jean-guy :drinks:

BBBBRRRRR!!!!

hi mustang !!

popire !!! even it was windy ,not cold at all !!on the way back from the lake ,i ve been caught with freezing rain and snow for a few miles!!

thats why my face is red like a lobster from shediac,nb !!!...i did nt slow down !!

That's one frozen lookin Gaspesian beard!! Glad you are having a good time teasing us that are stuck with the green grass sunshine and daffodils!!

Haha!!

Linda

Grass not so green yet in MTL, still a little nippy for daffadils or tulips too. If your daffodils have popped up i'd love to see them.

JG

Oh I have more than tulips...our saucer magnolia trees were in bloom 2 weeks ago ...they are done! Lots of flowers are up. Farmers are planting crops now too!

few more !!

linda ,pic 10,where we talked with the 2 guys from maine !!we went riding up the ''pic ''.

last pic, looking west,almost on top of the looooooong hill,few miles east of ste marguerite !!

Jean-Guy

I see my carbide tracks in the last 2 pictures of this post.March 22 12 there was a bit more snow.( not much though) LOL!!

We ran into this road as well as a few others that had been plowed that day.

At the end of the dirt road it meets a sand sealed road.I missed where the trail went down over a field to the right.

At the end of the dirt road it "looked like" the trail went right across and continued down along the left side of the road. I launched up and over the snow bank into 4 feet of unpacked quicksand snow. 30 min later we got dug out and found the trail again.

Should have had our 4 wheelers I guess LOL.

We will be back to this gorgeous area next year when the snow returns and the trail signs are still up LOL!!!

Thanks for the helpful posts about the area.Too bad the Sledding season was cut short by the early warm weather.

EXT

Jean-Guy

I see my carbide tracks in the last 2 pictures of this post.March 22 12 there was a bit more snow.( not much though) LOL!!

We ran into this road as well as a few others that had been plowed that day.

At the end of the dirt road it meets a sand sealed road.I missed where the trail went down over a field to the right.

At the end of the dirt road it "looked like" the trail went right across and continued down along the left side of the road. I launched up and over the snow bank into 4 feet of unpacked quicksand snow. 30 min later we got dug out and found the trail again.

Should have had our 4 wheelers I guess LOL.

We will be back to this gorgeous area next year when the snow returns and the trail signs are still up LOL!!!

Thanks for the helpful posts about the area.Too bad the Sledding season was cut short by the early warm weather.

EXT

hi ext !!

bienvenue !!

i know exactly where the places you re talking about !!when i went riding few weeks ago ,arrived in ste marguerite ,and trail had been plowed freshly in the morning !!almost ''downtown '' ste marguerite !!

yaaa,just too bad season ended very quickly !!friends went riding faribault area yesterday !!

hello all !!

tonight ,up a mountain at the 14 miles on the t l r !!

same place than the pics of wednesday !!

first pic,at the ''mail box '' at the 14 miles.ste marguerite about 7 miles behind the 4w !!

cold on the way back...ha!!ha!! -10...-12 c with the wind effect !!

AWESOME PIC!!!

awesome pic for sure stan !!!

here s another one from last night !!

i was at the 14 miles on the t l r !!

first part of the road on top of the hill ,the 16 miles.....just 2'' higher..the little white spot turning to the right..the 19 miles...i turn at the 18 to go to my camp.from the 16 miles,my camp is about 5 miles in straight line to the left of the road.

on top left....at the 28 miles ..on both side of the road ,it s the duniere reserve .faribault camp ,right in front!!trail 595 !!

at the 28 ,if you turn right all the way across the pic and a bit south (of the pic )...you can go to nouvelle and escuminac !!

those of you who rode that local trail from carleton up to la cache,that last clearcut on top right,trail should be within 15 miles i guess further on the right!!

mount albert ,gaspesie park ,right in front.let say road for la cache is at the bottom of mount albert from left to right!!

hi linda and john !!

little map tp show you where i was !!

first map,just south of ..14 miles ''....here !!.i was almost on top of a mountain !!

we ve been ,just left of ''lac 8 milles ''for the gathering and just south of lake frenette.remember the 2 little bridges ??

second map ,a little bit closer !!

just too bad for the pic,i was expecting better light on the east side.i guess ,i arrived a bit too late !!

jean-guy

second pic:mountains of park matane at he back and a few from gaspesie park ...mount logan area

third one.road at the bottom ,the 19 miles on the t l r !!

last one :i scracthed my head a bit!!! ha!!ha!!

right in the middle ,can see a ''needle ''..this should be the tower in lac saumon..few miles west from town.then ,on top of those mountains at the back...should be the ski station...radar area!!

jean-guy

hi all !!

back from a ride toward my camp!!still too much snow !! ..ha!!ha!!...need a bit of rain ..then i should be ok with the 4 w only!!

roads still frozen !!turned around about 6 miles east from the camp.did nt use the same one that we used at the gathering !!

then ,went back on t l r ,down to the 16 miles and tried for the lake ,no luck.

turned around and went to ste marguerite + tq 5 and back in town.

coldsmoke ,last few pics with field and deers....we met with your dad ...a few hundred feet behind.about 1 mile before logging road.

shortcut for albertville..1.5 miles in front !!

hi all !!

back from a ride toward my camp!!still too much snow !! ..ha!!ha!!...need a bit of rain ..then i should be ok with the 4 w only!!

roads still frozen !!turned around about 6 miles east from the camp.did nt use the same one that we used at the gathering !!

then ,went back on t l r ,down to the 16 miles and tried for the lake ,no luck.

turned around and went to ste marguerite + tq 5 and back in town.

coldsmoke ,last few pics with field and deers....we met with your dad ...a few hundred feet behind.about 1 mile before logging road.

shortcut for albertville..1.5 miles in front !!

Be patient Jean-Guy, just a little more time and you'll be at the camp on your 4 wheeler, sipping a glass and recapturing memories.

Keep the pictures coming, it keeps up our spirits.

JG

Be patient Jean-Guy, just a little more time and you'll be at the camp on your 4 wheeler, sipping a glass and recapturing memories.

Keep the pictures coming, it keeps up our spirits.

JG

hi jg !!

thanks!!

very sorry ,i have very hard times translating the word ''patience ''.ha!!ha!!ha!!ha!!

just need a bit of rain to help the snow melting on the roads facing north side !!

last pic, at the 14 miles ,go straight up the front carrier,on top of the mountain,i took my pics of mount albert + sunset last week from there.

where the 4w is,about half mile lower than t l r .

starting to look like mud season up there

fyi pops has a pic from that time we met hanging up in his living room

hi coldsmoke !!

just back an hr ago from a very quick ride !!''pedal to the metal '' all afternoon !!ha!!ha!!ha!!

left at 3 pm and back at darkness !!nice ride !!

i don t know how you say that in english,but all kind of ''sauces ''!!!

ha!!ha!!ha!

muddy,dry ,wet,snowy all kinds !!best time to ride !!

rode 70 miles,saw only one jeep!!no traffic jam !!! ha!!ha!!

saw ,3 mooses ,14 or 16 deers,1 partridge,1 porcupine and 1 rabbit !!!

after i left the mooses,there was 3 deers running not even 40' on my right.jumping everywhere !!

great ride !!!..bonjour to your dad !!

Edited by groomer

smclelan !!!

souvenirs for you !!!

remember that place ???? the white and blue camp is just up the corner !!

at the gathering ,on the way back ,when we hit the groomed trail and all your friends were waiting for you !!!

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

at the gathering ,on the way back ,when we hit the groomed trail and all your friends were waiting for you !!!

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Yeah i remember that place very well JG, that's where you showed us all how to side hill with a Grand Touring.

A true pro.

JG